May 2024 Hits Misses Or On The Fence?

Continued Hits (in no particular order):
Clay Washes *various* Sarenzo, HennaSooq, SSI, STi'cals, NurCreations, Anyone who has a good Clay Treatment (Detox, Cleanse, Deep Cleanse)
A Good Pre-Poo
Protein Treatments *various* Annabelle's Perfect Blends Keratin, Komaza Hair Care, SSI,
A Good Moisturizing Deep Conditioning Treatment
A Good Pomade, Oil, Creme and Butter (if that works for you)
A Nice Leave-In and/or Spritz (if that works for you)
Some type of Rinse (ACV, Tea, Clove etc...)
Supplements
Night time Protection

On The Fence:
Ouidad Triple Treat (Performance was Great. There is something annoying about the scent.:down:

I hope I can deal with it. :look:

Major .Miss
Crowned deep conditioner. It worked and then it didn't. I'll save it as a prepoo.

Miss
Afroveda Banana flax seed gel. Not a gel at all. Watery no slip. Does nothing for my wash n go's.

On the fence
Afroveda Pur Nectar Gel. Not a gel. Watery. No slip. No curling ability. It does moisturize my hair under her butter cream. Not a repurchase.

Hits
Pattern Beauty blow dryer.
Love that this blow dryer comes with curly/coiled hair friendly attachments, especially because I am not good with the comb/brush chase method.

The attachments are made to be similar to the types of combs and brushes we typically use. The comb attachment is like a wide tooth comb and the brush attachment is a like a Denman brush. There is also a air-focus nozzle but I have never used it.

At first, I used the comb attachment followed up by the brush attachment, but I still found this to be too much for my hair. Now I only use the comb attachment while gently stretching my hair and that works great. The blow dryer is lightweight as well so my arms don't tire out. I also really like the warm caramel color of the device.

FHI HEAT Platform Pro Styling Tourmaline Hair Straightener 1 1/4". I only wish that I had ordered the larger size since my hair is almost BSL. I can flat iron my blow dried hair quite well on 370 degrees with one pass even with my poor brush chase method skills. I would also like to get the 1/2" later this year for my edges and kitchen.

Design Essentials Agave & Lavender Moisturizing Blow-Dry & Styling Primer and Design Essentials Natural Agave & Lavender Weightless Thermal Protection Serum. Love this stuff for blow drying and flat ironing my hair. I have been using these every time I blow dry my for months now. A little goes a long way.

Hit
Qhemet
MSM Biotin supplement. I don't know about growing hair but my face is clearer. Less hair in the drain on wash day. Plus it cleans the pipes. Only on my 1st container. It's a keeper.
How long have you been using the Qhemet MSM + Biotin supplement? I have both the supplement and the scalp balm but haven't started them yet.

How long have you been using the Qhemet MSM + Biotin supplement? I have both the supplement and the scalp balm but haven't started them yet.
It's been about 3 weeks. I dont take it every day. I'm terrible at taking supplements. Even less hair in the drain is a plus for me.

It's been about 3 weeks. I dont take it every day. I'm terrible at taking supplements. Even less hair in the drain is a plus for me.
I going to start today. Thanks for bringing up that you aren't the best with taking supplements daily but still saw some results, because I'm not either.

Too early to call it a hit but I will say that the Qhemet MSM + Biotin supplement tastes and smells good. No bitter taste from the MSM at all. I'm horrible at keeping up with supplements so we'll see how this goes.

Hit: Hawaiian Silky 14 n 1 Moisturizer.

I had used a comb because it's kinda hard finger detangling straighter hair, I hope I never lose that comb because it's the only one I have :lachen:

But that comb slid through though.

HIT: OGX weightless oil sprays. They are so good. I enjoy them all, but the argan oil spray is my favorite. Gives my hair nice shine and doesn't weigh my flat ironed hair down at all. Just supple, soft, shiny hair. I don't know why it took me so long to try any weightless oil products. It's been a game changer for me especially since I have been wearing my hair straight in recent years.

Hi all. Before I start I have been meaning to reintroduce myself. I'm Naturalyogini. I forgot my password and this site's password reset function doesn't work. I never got the confirmation emails. So after 6 months, I created a new email and user name and voila. I kept meaning to say this. So now said. Glad to be back!
On to the reviews

Mega Miss
C&P steps 2 &3 Max Hydration . I looked at my old review of these products because I couldn't believe how awful the products felt on my hair, this time
Step 2 Watery. No slip. No detangling. Made my hair feel rough. The last time I tried it, it was a slippy milky product. Nope.
Step 3. Thicker than last time but no slip. It's basically a mud mask.
I left both products on for 1 hour no heat. When I rinsed my hair was gummy, greasy and tangled. Scared me so clarified 2x to get it all out.
Now sitting with Aestelance mud mask in my hair for the next few hours. I threw the 2 products in the trash. $22 in the garbage. You know sometimes companies have deep discount sales to get rid of the bad production items. This is what I think C&P did. I'll just stick to their shampoos. Good stuff.

Hit
The Doux Push it. It says use on dry hair. Works better on damp hair for me. Does what it is supposed to do...slick down those edges. Made my hair hard as a rock. A product that needs rinsing out before bed

That's all I got. Happy Memorial Day y'all.

My hair feels really silky. My skin looks better. I haven’t really tracked my length per say. My edges are fuzzy.

I’m going to try a msm powder with biotin for 6 weeks to compare. @Meritamen
I'm curious how this will turn out.

I've surprised myself with how consistent I have been with taking the powder daily so far. It will be 3 weeks come this weekend. I also started greasing my scalp with the scalp balm but I haven't been as consistent with that.

Hit so far
The Doux Dear Mama Moisture Milk
Works well on dry hair. Even my very dry gray edges are curling up with Moisture. The performance reminds me of Hairveda hair milk, the formula with sodium lactate.

My only complaint is the scent. Very strong grape bubble gum. Hopefully it fades. I dont like smelling my hair.
I'll be back when I use it on wet hair and let you know how long the moisture lasts.

Back