Knot around hair wear Kinky Twist started [help!]

Innocent_Kiss

Small intro
This is my first time posting but I'm defintely not new to the board. I had some trouble registering the the past. Hi everyone!

Problem
Ok, I noticed in the past when I take my braids down, I have a knot of what looks like lent and build up around my hair wear the braid started. Well, to prevent that, unlike in the past, I took care of my braids as if it was my regular hair. I condition washed every 3 days (because Chi Town can have its really humid days), I deep conditioned every two weeks (mixed EVOO and v05 Conditioner together and left on for 30 min with a shower cap), washed my hair and scalp with Africa BX Braid Shampoo, and moisturized with Africa's Best Herbal Oil and Organic Root Stimulator Shea Butter.

While I was washing my kinky twist (note twist are actually started off in braids and THEN twisted) one slipped off. I noticed the knot around my hair. In the past, I've had A LOT of hair come out because of the knots which, in the end, hendered my hair growth efforts. Is there anyway I could get these knots out WITHOUT having so much breakage? I understand a lot of hair will shed because I've had my hair in braids for 8 weeks (or maybe a little more?) and the hair that sheds daily is still in braids -- but I want minimum shedding/breakage. If anyone can shed some light, it'll be very helpful!

Thanks
smile.gif

Hey girl welcome! Please go to this site for info on braids www.growafrohairlong.com. It has excellent tips and advice and alot of the ladies here employs Robins method. Your regime seems pretty good, I believe that the knows that you have are from product buildup, the site shows how you can handle it. I can help you but I'm lazy! So go to the site!
lachen70.gif

Thanks for the welcomes!
Sorry for replying so late, I didn't expect fast responses lol

I got my hair braided on 95th and Ashland (right next door to the Currency Exchange). They charged $200 and it was suppose to be "a deal" because they usually charge $210.00 or something like that. I guess it was ok, though. They lasted long and my hair grew out good. They probably weren't any different than any other braiding shop, though.

Thanks for the links, too!

Back