Two-Strand Twist Too Tight!!! HELP!!!

sunnydey

Hi ladies! I need your help. I recently had the two-strand twist style done. The twists actually look like corn row braids. (At least that's what a lot people think that they are.) There are about ten to twelve twists going to the back of my head and are loose on the ends so I can wear the ends curled. They are secured with little black elastic rubberbands. I know rubberbands cause breakage.
frown.gif
My other problem other than fear of breakage is that the hair is so tight near the nape of my neck where the rubberbands are located that I have the little white bumps. I am so scared to take the bands off for fear that my hair is going to be broken off.
cry3.gif
PLEASE, please, please tell me that these bumps do NOT mean I have traction alopecia in the nape area now. I am just going to die if my hair has irrepairable(sp) damage in the nape area.

TIA,
sunnydey
Rose.gif

P.S. I will definitely appreciate everyone's advice.
whyme.gif

I was experiencing this a few days ago, I had to loosen it gentley. Once I took the bands out, the bumps went down.

I say cut those rubber bands out and get the clear ones by Goody and put them on. If you do them one at a time, you shouldn't have any problems. You might try braiding the hair where the band starts to prevent unraveling while you put the new band on as loose or as tight as you want.

HTH

Back