1/2 Inch in 2 weeks... Pics, of course! :-)

nakialovesshoes

Hello ladies. First let me say thanks to all of you that have been encouraging & supporting my progress. I am truly grateful.

I couldn't believe it when I started investigating my new growth. Some parts I have 1/2 inch or so & then in some sections I only have 1/4 inch.

I've been in tree braids exactly 2 weeks. I have been using the original formula Surge & I received the GroAut line 4 days after I had been in
braids & immediately started using it. So I really don't know if it's one or the other or both...

Of course I'm open to any comments.
TIA...Nakia

MY HAIR GROWTH.jpg

Radianthealth

I am not sure...when I used to get braids (including tree braids) the braids naturally loosen the longer they are in. I don't think it is all growth but it may be:look:

aloof one

It doesn't exactly look like a half an inch to me though, plus its only slightly longer than the before picture (if the first is a before), like maybe 1/4 or 1/5 inch longer.

nakialovesshoes

I am not sure...when I used to get braids (including tree braids) the braids naturally loosen the longer they are in. I don't think it is all growth but it may be:look:

I totally understand what you're saying that's why I took the pics where my hair is the coarsest. In the back where my hair is really soft/finer, I know that it isn't all new growth but just my hair pulling away from the cornrows.

aloof one

Now that I think about it it does look like part of the braid just loosened up, but don't worry, it will grow.:yep:

nakialovesshoes

It doesn't exactly look like a half an inch to me though, plus its only slightly longer than the before picture (if the first is a before), like maybe 1/4 or 1/5 inch longer.

No it's two different shots of new growth. I don't have 1/2 inch in all spots - 1/2 inch is like the most new growth I have in one particular area. In some other areas I only have 1/4 inch.

Traycee

I can see it....My hair grows about a ...1/2 to 1 inch a month...So I can see how that is possible

nakialovesshoes

I can see it....My hair grows about a ...1/2 to 1 inch a month...So I can see how that is possible

Mine grows 1/2 inch per month w/no effort/aids at all. I've had braids before and gained an inch in a month, so I'm quite sure this is growth & not my braids slipping. But this is LHCF so I understand the skepticism.

HoneyDew

I can see it. :yep: I can tell by looking at the braid next to the one you are holding with your hand.

That is one thing I like about braids. You can really see your NG come in.

I used to get braids all the time, and when usign cartain products, I would have to get them re-done after 4 weeks becuase I had gotten more growth than I normally do. that is the down side - being forced to get your hair done sooner.

chicacanella

Hello ladies. First let me say thanks to all of you that have been encouraging & supporting my progress. I am truly grateful.

I couldn't believe it when I started investigating my new growth. Some parts I have 1/2 inch or so & then in some sections I only have 1/4 inch.

I've been in tree braids exactly 2 weeks. I have been using the original formula Surge & I received the GroAut line 4 days after I had been in
braids & immediately started using it. So I really don't know if it's one or the other or both...

Of course I'm open to any comments.
TIA...Nakia

View attachment 9991

As a person who has worn braids, let me just say that I do believe it is possible to have an extreme amount of hair growth. Your hair doesn't just loosen up to have 1/2 inch seperation between your braid and loose hair. The only way it loosens up that much is because of growth....so congratualtions girly!

And did you stop the Ayurvedic regimine, that could've had something to do with it too if you aren't usually getting this much.

dinaaike

First of all, a quick hijack to tell you that your nails look really good.

Secondly, congrats on the NG. Sometimes it sneaks up on you, but finding out it's there is always fun! :grin:

Valerie

Well done, Well done, congratulations on your new growth, are you still able to get surge, where did you get it from? How long are you keeping in your braids for?

cicilypayne

I see it. My hair is braided and does not loosen that much in two weeks. I say 1st pic is 1/4" and second shot almost 1/2":yep:

Kimberly

Slightly OT but which Gro-Aut products are you using and how are you using them? I want up to a half-inch in two weeks too! :grin:

_belle

did some people NOT catch that those were BOTH shots of new growth, not shots to be compared to one another??? they weren't before & after shots, they are BOTH after shots. the "before" would be fresh braids without any growth. anywho, congrats babes. I was thinking about tryin gro-aut. but i already have a bucket full of oils. lol

aloof one

but it looks like the same section of hair in both shots, did i miss something again? thats why I was thinking it was a before and after, all the hilights look exactly the same in the weave and you can see its the same track we're looking at in both shots, just one is blurry. So when i see that and i see the second pic has a little longer NG i automatically think, ok is this a before and after?

_belle

i figured it was different sections because u can see a little more forehead/hairline in the first picture. and she was talkin about how there is 1/4 is some areas, up to 1/2 in others

aloof one

i figured it was different sections because u can see a little more forehead/hairline in the first picture. and she was talkin about how there is 1/4 is some areas, up to 1/2 in others

Im pretty sure its the same section now. All the hair is the same, you just can't see the same amount of forehead. Look at the hilights and how the hair falls or whatever. Thats what made me think it was a Before After

nakialovesshoes

As a person who has worn braids, let me just say that I do believe it is possible to have an extreme amount of hair growth. Your hair doesn't just loosen up to have 1/2 inch seperation between your braid and loose hair. The only way it loosens up that much is because of growth....so congratualtions girly!

And did you stop the Ayurvedic regimine, that could've had something to do with it too if you aren't usually getting this much.

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. Been in a R.E. class all weekend. GroAut is prettymuch Ayurvedic. I'm not using the powders right now, however.

nakialovesshoes

Well done, Well done, congratulations on your new growth, are you still able to get surge, where did you get it from? How long are you keeping in your braids for?

The last bottles I bought were from member Sweetlyblessed. She's nice - check her out.