1 inch is 3 weeks!

MsCounsel

Here's my new thread!!!! Ladies - I have 1 inch of new growth. I relaxed three and a half weeks ago and I'm having a fit. I have an inch of crunchy hair then wavy. I'm soo excited. I'm going to relax next Tuesday...... My hair usually grows fast on the right side but not on the left. I've been concentrating on the left side and the new growth is fabulous. Thanks to all of you. :yay:

MsCounsel

currygyal said:
What is your regimen? Do you take supplements or no?

MSM - 8000mg
Biotin 7500mg
MTG - morning and evening
Moisturize with Olive & Coconut oil
Just started MN but have to wait several days after I relax since I mix it with Capazin (sp?)
2 multi-vits
Con wash 2x week
Deep Cond 1 week
Protective styles - because my hair is extremely short on the left side 1.5 -inches in many places. The right side is 95% past shoulder length.
Flat Iron 2x week - a must.

I think that's it.

MsCounsel

goldensensation said:
relaxing in 4 weeks?!

Absolutely have to.

When I was younger, I usually had a lot of new growth in 4 weeks and would have to relax my hair. Now that I'm in my thirties, I have not experienced the quick growth until now.

I just came off a stretch for 12 weeks. I was very successful in managing it but this new growth is not having it at all. I'm going to relax on the 4th week and then attempt to stretch for 8 weeks.

Last edited:

balisi

REConsul said:
Here's my new thread!!!! Ladies - I have 1 inch of new growth. I relaxed three and a half weeks ago and I'm having a fit. I have an inch of crunchy hair then wavy. I'm soo excited. I'm going to relax next Tuesday...... My hair usually grows fast on the right side but not on the left. I've been concentrating on the left side and the new growth is fabulous. Thanks to all of you. :yay:
What do you mean by crunchy then wavy? How did you measure it?

divya

REConsul said:
MSM - 8000mg
Biotin 7500mg
MTG - morning and evening
Moisturize with Olive & Coconut oil
Just started MN but have to wait several days after I relax since I mix it with Capazin (sp?)
2 multi-vits
Con wash 2x week
Deep Cond 1 week
Protective styles - because my hair is extremely short on the left side 1.5 -inches in many places. The right side is 95% past shoulder length.
Flat Iron 2x week - a must.

I think that's it.

Wow thanks.

I would like my hair to grow faster but I am afraid of taking anything other than my daily vitamin.

Synthia

A full inch? That sounds unbelievable. But I guess with all those supplements you're bound to sprout :lol:

Any pics?

MsCounsel

balisi said:
What do you mean by crunchy then wavy? How did you measure it?

My hair is freshly relaxed. I when I co-wash it there is a poof of hair (the crunchy part) and then there's the relaxed hair. I use a Sedu 1 inch flat iron. While flat ironing my hair the crunchy hair is pressed into the 1inch and it goes to the edge of the flat iron. That's the easiest way for me to measure with the flat iron as my guide.

alonshaw

I know that both MSM adn Biotin are water soluable but is it okay to be taking such a heavy dosage? I take a maximum of maybe 3 or 4 MSM 1000mg and only 1 Biotin 5 mg.

determine3

Do you mean 7500MCG of Biotin? That is Equivalent to 7.5MG. I think 7500 MG's would send you to the hospital or something:eek: - no:look: ??

MizaniMami

determine3 said:
Do you mean 7500MCG of Biotin? That is Equivalent to 7.5MG. I think 7500 MG's would send you to the hospital or something:eek: - no:look: ??

No your body can only absorb 3000mcgs, You'll just pee it out if you don't need it.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
To be on the safe side, why not wait at least 6 weeks? You don't want to over process and ruin your progress.Do u self relax or does someone else do it for U?

morehairplease

alonshaw said:
I know that both MSM adn Biotin are water soluable but is it okay to be taking such a heavy dosage? I take a maximum of maybe 3 or 4 MSM 1000mg and only 1 Biotin 5 mg.

hi alonshaw,

do you mind telling me what the Bollei treatment is in your siggy? tia

MsCounsel

determine3 said:

Thanks for the correction - MCG not MG 3 2500 mcg pills

MsCounsel

DDtexlaxd said:
To be on the safe side, why not wait at least 6 weeks? You don't want to over process and ruin your progress.Do u self relax or does someone else do it for U?

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try to wait the six weeks. I self relax. I can't stand going to hair salons (childhood b/c). Like I said, when I was younger, I absolutely had to relax every four to six weeks. I've been able to stretch better because of the slower growth rate.

alonshaw

Well its basicaly a line of natural products form Gerad Bollei, called Bollei. Over the past summer i worked for a popular magazine company and my job as an intern was to organize the beauty closet, and everyday was told to take whatever you want, because if i didnt take it, it would go to the garbage. Needless to say i didnt know how ultra-exclusive and expensive they were i.e Fekkai overnight strengtening lotion( $195.00). So i really dont know about Bollei but i know that it works.

Here's his link, on the site they list the ingredients hope it helps.:)

JewelleNY

I have to warn you about the appearance of new growth so soon after relaxing. I used to relax at 6 weeks then moved to 5 because it seemed that my hair was growing so fast. Really what was happening was that "scab" hair was growing in from relaxing too often. My hair was becoming so hard I thought it was new growth. Also, like you, one side grew longer than the other, and that turned out to be the side that I put the relaxer on last.
Please don't take this as me being negative, i just want to share what I have learned from being on the board. I now stretch to 9-12 weeks and my hair is growing in much softer and I don't have the need to relax at 5 weeks and my hair is growing like crazy!
I hope this helps and please ignore this post if this doesn't apply to you:)

lexi84

I have to warn you about the appearance of new growth so soon after relaxing. I used to relax at 6 weeks then moved to 5 because it seemed that my hair was growing so fast. Really what was happening was that "scab" hair was growing in from relaxing too often. My hair was becoming so hard I thought it was new growth. Also, like you, one side grew longer than the other, and that turned out to be the side that I put the relaxer on last.
Please don't take this as me being negative, i just want to share what I have learned from being on the board. I now stretch to 9-12 weeks and my hair is growing in much softer and I don't have the need to relax at 5 weeks and my hair is growing like crazy!
I hope this helps and please ignore this post if this doesn't apply to you

Nicely put!:grin:

MsCounsel

ThinNnappy said:
where do you get your msm from, do you take 8 msm pills with 1,000mg each?

Vitamin Shoppe - 1,000 each. I originally started taking the MSM for my hair but found other improvements to my body. Sareca mentioned how it helped her with her allergies and she was absolutely right. I am practically allergic to everything except oxygen and usually I'd have to start my prescription allergy/asthma medication ritual but I haven't taken one allergy pill. I am sneezing a bit but it's totally manageable.