1 inch of Unstretched Growth in 6 Weeks!!!!!!!!!!

RabiaElaine

Hi Ladies,

Just thought I would update you on my progress as I start my 7th week post relaxer.

First of all I have 1 inch one unstretched new growth in the middle of my head in 6 weeks
, Yeah!!!
I believe this record high is due to my vitamin intake: Evening Primrose, Flax Seed Oil, MSM, Spirulina, GNC UltraNourish Hair, Silica, Biotin, L-Cysteine, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin C, and Multi Vitamin. I've also been using Surge, but not consistently at all. I have also been doing conditioner washes every 2-3 to 4 days, shampoo every 2-3 weeks. I have also been wearing protective styles for 6 weeks straight (never wore my hair up before this), as well as not using any heat.

I conditioner washed on Wednesday or Thursday night, and airdried in a pony tail. When I went to apply oil to my scalp on Friday evening, I had a horrific time with tangling with my new growth and relaxed hair. I should also say that my hair is very uneven in the middle because of the damage caused by the weave
, this may have added to my tangling problem.

Ok so here is the tentative good news. I realize that every week is different from this point forward. I will not be able to dry my hair in one ponytail any more because I have too much new growth in the middle of my head with 4a/b texture.

So here's my game plan that started this evening. From now until I get my next relaxer in possibly 2-4 weeks (I'm taking the stretching slow at first, will stretch longer as I get used to it), I will co-wash my hair in three sections. I will work on each section separately to avoid tangling issues. I will also airdry in 3 pony tails instead of one. I believe this will allow me to straighten and smooth my hair better than one pony.

We'll see if this worked out when my hair is dry, sometime tomorrow and I go to oil the enter head. I will update more later.

Thansk to DSD for co-wash as well as protective style inspiration.

I really need to get some pictures up

MrsQueeny

Wow that is great. I just don't think I could remember to take all of those vits!!! Congrats, keep us posted and hurry up with the pics (as if I can talk)!!!

RabiaElaine

Thanks Queeney,

Unfortunately I will have to trim some of this growth due to the uneveness, and thinness caused by the weave (never doing that again!!).

Fortunately, I'm happy to know that I can grow this much in such a short period of time. If I keep up this rate, I can hopefully grow 9 inches in a year!! If anyone else has any growth spurting stories please add them, always happy to know new ways to increase my growth.

RabiaElaine

[ QUOTE ]
SweetNic_JA said:
That's it. I'm going to start eating at yours and Caramella25's house.

[/ QUOTE ]

Caramella has some tips... Going to have to check that out!

SweetNic your welcome over any time

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
That is so wonderful to hear. I wonder how long it would be if it were stretched. Maybe 2 inches, ya know shrinkage is something else.

I am glad that you are enjoying the co washes and protective styles. They are great and are important factors for me in maintaining length.

I wish you all the luck in your hair growing journey and I can't wait to see so pics. Sounds like you are progressing quite nicely. Keep up the goo work.

RabiaElaine

[ QUOTE ]
greAtness333 said:
Did you use any special shampoos, moisturizers, etc.?

[/ QUOTE ]

I only shampoo every 2-3 weeks with Cream of Nature. For moisture: Wild Growth Oil, Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter, Carol's Daughter Honey Hair Mimosa, Jojoba Oil. I just got some ORS Soy Oil moisturizer to see if that will soften the roots significantly.

RabiaElaine

Thanks everyone!!:)

So to update you on the roots issue from yesterday...Like I said, I worked with my hair in three sections for shampooing, conditioning, and airdrying. When I woke up this morning my hair was much easier to comb through than on Friday when I had all of those tangles. I had very little hair coming out in the comb as I combed through this morning. The new growth feels so nice and thick. I cannot wait until I get a relaxer to see how much it has grown!!

I now think that if I continue this method I can definitely last 8 weeks, possibly 10!!! Yeah. This record would not have been possible without the ladies of LHCF. Thank you.

I'm going to get my sister to take my pictures tonight so that you ladies can see the progress.

RabiaElaine

I definitely could not have done it without everyone's help and advice. Thanks.

BTW--I combed through my hair tonight to apply WGO to the roots, it was not that hard. Much better than when I tried on Friday night. I just need to continue to learn how to manage the two textures. It should get easier as time goes by, since from now on I will not be relaxing my hair pin straight. The two textures should be easier to handle.

azul11

[ QUOTE ]
RabiaElaine said:
Hi Ladies,

Just thought I would update you on my progress as I start my 7th week post relaxer.

First of all I have 1 inch one unstretched new growth in the middle of my head in 6 weeks
, Yeah!!!
I believe this record high is due to my vitamin intake: Evening Primrose, Flax Seed Oil, MSM, Spirulina, GNC UltraNourish Hair, Silica, Biotin, L-Cysteine, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin C, and Multi Vitamin. I've also been using Surge, but not consistently at all. I have also been doing conditioner washes every 2-3 to 4 days, shampoo every 2-3 weeks. I have also been wearing protective styles for 6 weeks straight (never wore my hair up before this), as well as not using any heat.

I conditioner washed on Wednesday or Thursday night, and airdried in a pony tail. When I went to apply oil to my scalp on Friday evening, I had a horrific time with tangling with my new growth and relaxed hair. I should also say that my hair is very uneven in the middle because of the damage caused by the weave
, this may have added to my tangling problem.

Ok so here is the tentative good news. I realize that every week is different from this point forward. I will not be able to dry my hair in one ponytail any more because I have too much new growth in the middle of my head with 4a/b texture.

So here's my game plan that started this evening. From now until I get my next relaxer in possibly 2-4 weeks (I'm taking the stretching slow at first, will stretch longer as I get used to it), I will co-wash my hair in three sections. I will work on each section separately to avoid tangling issues. I will also airdry in 3 pony tails instead of one. I believe this will allow me to straighten and smooth my hair better than one pony.

We'll see if this worked out when my hair is dry, sometime tomorrow and I go to oil the enter head. I will update more later.

Thansk to DSD for co-wash as well as protective style inspiration.

I really need to get some pictures up

[/ QUOTE ]

congrats. what kind of spirulina did you use? did you use the one readily available in a shake? God bless you all.