10 Tips for Healthy Hair by Stephanie Suthers of Hairobics All Natural

srs

1. CHOOSE HAIR STYLES THAT PROTECT THE HAIR AND KEEP IT HEALTHY
Never wear hair styles that are too tight. Some of the hairstyles that are too tight include braids, weaves and ponytails. Also, wearing braided hair or weaved hair for too long can cause a condition called areata.

2. BLOW DRYING TECHNIQUES
When using the blow dryer keep it in constant motion and use the lowest temperature setting whenever possible.

3. ACTIVE SLEEPERS
If you are an active sleeper, do not wear rollers or any other styling equipment to bed. This can put undue stress on the hair follicle. As a result, breakage will occur.

4. USING OLD STYLING TOOLS
Get rid of any styling tools that are broken. This includes everything from the comb with the broken teeth or a brush with broken bristles that can snap the hair.

5. ASK YOUR PROFESSIONAL HAIR STYLIST FOR A STYLE AND MAINTENANCE PROGRAMWork with your professional stylist to develop a style and maintenance program designed for your hair. This way your specially designed program will work with your hair type and texture.

6. USE COVERED BANDS AND PONYTAILSMake sure that you use only covered bands when putting the hair in ponytails. Rubber bands cut into the hair causing breakage as well as putting a lot of tension on the hair.

7. USE NATURAL HAIR FORMULAS
Use natural hair formulas that replace lost protein, moisture and nutrients. Natural hair formulas also protect the hair cuticle without stripping natural oils.

8. DO NOT APPLY EXCESSIVE HEAT TO THE HAIRDo not apply excessive heat to the hair. Excessive heat from the hot comb, hot curl and flat irons, and blow dryers can cause breakage, dryness and split ends. Because heat is very damaging to the hair, look for tools that have a thermostatic setting and will allow you to use "low" heat when styling.

9. DEEP PROTEIN OR MOISTURIZING CONDITIONERSDeep protein or moisturizing conditioners protect the hair against breakage. Apply the protein or moisturizing conditioner to the hair using a heating cap, set the daily on "medium" or "high" 30 minutes then wash out the conditioner and style the hair as usual. This technique should be applied to the hair at least once every two weeks. If you have dry hair, use this technique once a week.

10. USE LEAVE-IN CONDITIONERSUse leave-in conditioners that protect the hair from the oxidizing effects from the sun, chlorinated pools, hot tubs and spas. This keeps color treated hair from fading and provides lubrication and protection when you style your hair.

http://www.hairobicsallnatural.com

Last edited:

AtlantaJJ

Good advice, I wish someone had told me about #1 about 10 years ago before I started wearing micro braids and going to African braiders!!

Thanks to LHCF I have recovered from the Traction Alopecia

mscocoface

Welcome aboard SRS. I have admired you from afar. You are a real inspiration!!!

Last edited:

Caramel Jewel

I read this stuff over and over and over again, the rules are the same, nothing has changed but still I look for more information...and here it is...blah

I'm not knocking you srs...I'm just saying....
:perplexed

Transformer

I don't think I can stand behind number 5.

Agreed. Unfortunately, many stylist know how to do hair but care and maintenance are not their strong point. If tends to conflict with their business--they want you to be dependent ont hem.