100% Natural

Blackoutzangel05

...well not yet, but I got the OK from the hubby to cut out my relaxer. Now before someone jumps on me, I have always consulted my husband about hair changes because I never want to be unattractive to him, but he knows that this is something that I want to do and tonight he agreed to cut my hair tomorrow. Oh boy!:eek: Pictures are going to be coming. I even started a blog for it. I really want to journal my journey from whatever length I am to stretched MBL natural hair. I know its not going to happen overnight but its going to happen.

I would be lying if I didn't say that part of me is scared to death. I have always maintained at least shoulder length hair since I got a jheri curl back in 6th grade. So to be that short again is horrifying for me and I am not sure if tomorrow morning I will wake up and change my mind completely...LOL I doubt it. I have seen some gorgeous naturals here and I want that and know that the relaxed ends have to go. So be on the lookout for pictures coming tomorrow showing my length before I cut and the after effect....

Thanks so much you guys, without the love and support I get here I don't believe that I would do this, even with the husband's consent, because I wouldn't know what to do with my hair but I know that you ladies are going to provide me as much information as possible. :grin:

SEMO

Well let me be the first to say congratulations on your decision. You know that your LHCF fam will be here for you with all the tips, advice and support you need. I look forward to seeing those pics tomorrow.

OT: That part about the jherri curl was funny. I myself had a "Hawaiian curl" (aka jherri curl) back in the 5th grade.

ETA: I've been meaning to tell you that your wedding pics in your siggy are amazing. I love your dress.

Snuckles

Well good for you!! C'mon over to the natural side :)

Don't appologize for asking your hubby, I would've done the same thing. I was already on my natural road by the time hubby met me.

Poli

Congrats on your decision:) . I have been natural for 18 years!!!. I have never regreted cutting my hair to go natural, but of course I did a Sinad O'connor, Demi Moore thing and kept that for 8 years:D .

SunnyDelight

Congrats on your big decision. I am transitioning and not sure when I'll be ready to BC but I know that I'll have "that" conversation with my hubby too. Hair is a big part of our lives and marraige is about two hearts becoming one. I talk to my husband about almost everything in my life so I totally understand. I was natural a few years ago and when I was weighing the decision to transition again it was my DH who encouraged me to do it again.

Can't wait to see your photo's.

Peace & Blessings. . .

LynnieB

i never consulted my husband, instead, i just kept growing it out until i thought the difference wouldn't be "as noticeable". I was certainly thinking of him throughout my entire transition though (even moreso than myself).

i guess it worked - took him about 2 weeks to realize something was different :eek: when i finally did BC. he asked me why all of a sudden i was wearing flat twists, coils and single twists :lachen:soooooooooooo much and, hadn't flatironed my hair in such a long time :lachen:

Be happy in your decision, just be sure YOU are ready :D

.......anxiously awaiting pictures!!!!

seraphinelle

Congrats on your decision.

I went ahead and did it. Not the whole BC, but, about 2 inches an din some areas 3 inches of the relaxer was cut off last night.

Doing a cowash this morning showed me such a difference. I am so happy I did it. Yeah it's shorter, but it looks so much more better, I am so glad I went ahead with it.

I did notice a few strands that still needed to go, but I already returned the scissors, lol

Blackoutzangel05

Thanks ladies for all the wonderful support and kind words. I am sure that this is something that I want to do or else I would not keep mentioning it to my husband. Although I am worried about how my hair is going to look, I believe its in the best interest of the health of my hair to get the relaxed ends go so that I can get to learn my natural hair and truly enjoy the progress that I am making. So after my batteries finish charging so that I have enough power to document the whole process, I am (well the hubby is) cutting the relaxed ends off and I will be 100% natural....

Empress Yahudah

U have alot of support if u do decide to do the big chop

but if ur terrifed why not try transitioning for awhile till it get a certain length then cut as u go along?

Blackoutzangel05

My last perm was in 1 Dec. and I tried to texlax in May, but it didn't take. I am going to apply conditioner to my hair and then cut the straight strands off. I am not sure if the roots are still going to have that texlax texture, but eventually I will end up trimming them off as well...so I have been transitioning for about 8 months to this point..

SignatureBeauty

Congragulations!! You are gonna look fabolous!!!!! Your hair will grow back in no time, I can't wait to see the Pics of your hair, I too consulted my Husband and he gave me so much encouragement, so good for you!!!!!! Welcome to the Nappy Side you are gonna love it!!!!

LHCF Family Supports you no matter what desicion you make we will all be here for you! The Good & Bad because it won't be easy but you will get through!!!!!!

Hair Iam

Personally I never had the b , I transitioned over 5 months , with frequent trims. I know you will work your new look. Earnings, head bands, scarves, head bands, bright colors. So much fun so little time. No matter what your have made a blessed decision.:)

God's best
KJ

tkj25

congratulations on your new journey! :) :) :) i asked my partner too when I first went natural. not that I needed it, I just needed to hear him say it ... that he'd still love me even with my twa. of course he said i was being silly. afterall it's only hair, but when you're making big changes, it's comforting to know you have support -- especially from those you love. so congrats to you, your husband, and your hair. hhg

Blackoutzangel05

It is great to have their support and love with yon this journey...it does seem like a silly question to ask but I was dead serious...

Thanks again ladies for all your support!