12,500 MCG of Biotin...

MissFallon

Do you think its too much??? I already take 7500mcg. Since all extra is released from the body it should be okay right? I wanna accelerate my growth more and I think taking more biotin might do it. I'm also upping my MSM to 4500mg, maybe 6000 if I cant take 4 pills at once, do you think that is too much MSM?

*ElleB

I think you should do a Google search. That seems a bit overboard, Overdosing on certain Vitamins CAN harm you.

Spidergul

I took MSM in pill form a while back. Not sure what brand or how many I was taking, probably 1 or 2. They did not seem to work for me. I am trying the powder form now, 1 tsp. It taste awful. I mix it with oj but I can still taste it. I really have not noticed any amazing hair growth, but my nails are growing better than ever. I've been taking it now for a moth.:)

Spidergul

MissFallon said:
how much MSM was that? 1 tsp is usually 4000mg right?

I am not sure. I will have to go back and read the package for sure. I started with 1/2 tsp. This is probably where I will stay for while.

PeopleTalkDaily

Thank god..I have been looking everywhere for an answer to this question.. I want to know what one teaspoon is and if that is enough...

designer05

I'm currently taking a nutrition class this summer, and I've learned that more isn't always better. The more that you take that you do not need will yes be excreted but, also the higher the dosage the less of the biotin will actually be absorbed. You might want to do some research on how much, you need to get you 100% of absorption as opposed to 40%.

Spidergul

MissFallon said:
I know but there are some ppl who take up to 10,000 mcg of biotin and I've seen up to 7500 of MSM.

Sorry you were talking about Biotin not MSM.:perplexed : :confused:
I take 3, 1000mcg tablets a day, along with the MSM, vit c, selenium and a multi vit.

MissFallon

Ill probably stick to what I take now.. I was taking 4000 mg of MSM when I had the powder i take 3000 now cuz the pills come in 1500, ill prob add one more cuz i know it was ok b4.

KiniKakes

MissFallon said:
Do you think its too much??? I already take 7500mcg. Since all extra is released from the body it should be okay right? I wanna accelerate my growth more and I think taking more biotin might do it. I'm also upping my MSM to 4500mg, maybe 6000 if I cant take 4 pills at once, do you think that is too much MSM?

Yup, all excess vitamins will be excreted from your body, so I almost wonder if this would be a waste, you know? But.... im no nutritionist or doctor, so i dont really know the answer to that.