12 inches in 12 months - 2014

fancypants007

Hello everyone, I hope all are doing well in keeping up with their hair regimes.

It's hard to say how my hair is doing because it's in crochet braids. Sunday will be 7 weeks and they are still holding up well. I trim the frizz off where I see it. I will be taking them down next week at the 8 week mark.

I have Friday and Saturday blocked off for take down, to wash and deep condition. I want to take my time detangling because I want to retain what I grow.

I try to keep hair moisturized but I know sometimes this may lead to matting. I will post my updates in another couple of weeks.

Hang in there everyone. This challenge is now for 2014 and beyond. I have renewed motivation and want to pass it on to all of you. Stay consistent and positive while we train our hair to do what we want and not what it wants. I purchase some Wen products to see how it will work with my hair. I'm going to try doing the Anthony Dickey method. I hear that some products can also wreck havoc on your hair. This is a new day for me, and this low manipulation thing may be the answer to helping me retain all that I grow.

I'm cheering all of us. We want to accomplish this, so lets do it!

caliscurls

Well after agonizing over it for weeks I finally big chopped late last week. I am SO glad I did, I feel like I've been reunited with an old friend, lol. I really missed my curls and the ease of my natural hair but I do feel like I'm kinda starting over..
- my buns are so puny, lol! Time to break out the homemade satin donut
- braided styles don't stay the way they used to..have to use more pins :)
- the sides are sooo much shorter than the back. The back is a little past APL, the front is well everywhere from ear length to shoulder length.
- the texture is bangin'
- the thickness is awesome
- I already know from the past that wash n go's are not my friend so they will rarely be done
- my routine may not change much, I'm going to stick to keeping it stretched or straight. It's just a matter if styling.

At first I thought I was going to regret not waiting longer but I couldn't be happier. NOW the growth journey really starts. Everyday I want to play in it but contain myself. I'm really looking forward to seeing it flourish from here.

fancypants007

Well after agonizing over it for weeks I finally big chopped late last week. I am SO glad I did, I feel like I've been reunited with an old friend, lol. I really missed my curls and the ease of my natural hair but I do feel like I'm kinda starting over..
- my buns are so puny, lol! Time to break out the homemade satin donut
- braided styles don't stay the way they used to..have to use more pins :)
- the sides are sooo much shorter than the back. The back is a little past APL, the front is well everywhere from ear length to shoulder length.
- the texture is bangin'
- the thickness is awesome
- I already know from the past that wash n go's are not my friend so they will rarely be done
- my routine may not change much, I'm going to stick to keeping it stretched or straight. It's just a matter if styling.

At first I thought I was going to regret not waiting longer but I couldn't be happier. NOW the growth journey really starts. Everyday I want to play in it but contain myself. I'm really looking forward to seeing it flourish from here.

Glad to hear about your decision. I know it was huge but you did it!

I'm thinking about going natural too, but I'm going to wait. I have a year to think about it because I'm going to keep crochet braids in for that long. To me, it's all about trying to find the right products and techniques to get your hair to flourish. I'm still struggling with relaxed hair. I will be trying some new products to see how they work. Also gentle techniques are important.

I hope your hair grows and grows from this point forward. I know what you mean when you say, a new day and you are starting afresh. Stay positive and keep doing your best to achieve hair length. Look at some inspirational pics. I just viewed NJoy's site again and her hair as really grown in a year. Stay motivated. I can't wait to see that progress.

fancypants007

Hello everyone, I am still here, but I just don't post as frequent.

I hope everyone is still doing well with their regimes. I will be taking down my crochet braids this weekend. I have blocked off Friday and Saturday all day to do what I need to do.

I will be doing a overnight oil treatment, cleansing wash in AM, protein treatment, henna gloss treatment, NJoy's purifying treatment and finally doing a deep moisture treatment under a steamer and then I will be plaiting my hair in piggyback braids and leaving them in for about 3 weeks before I get another crochet install. I will be sporting a short wig during that time.

I'm anxious to see how much growth I got because I cut off around 3 inches. I will post an update on Monday if not before.

Stay encouraged everyone and keep consistent with those regimes. I'm hoping that this low manipulation is the key for me. Stay tuned.

fancypants007

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is doing well.

Just wanted to check in to report how things went this past weekend. It took me about 1 to 2 hours to completely remove my synthetic hair and undo my cornrolls. As I took each plait down, I saturated it with coconut oil because I was doing an overnight oil treatment. The next day, I took my Cowboy magic serum and some oil/conditioner/water mix and proceeded to detangle my hair. I had very little buildup so it wasn't that bad. I have to admit I was trimming/cutting the scraggly ends. I think it may be because I'm focus on perhaps going natural which is why I think I was getting scissor happy.

I section my hair in about 10-12 plaits and using 6/13 Wen cleansing conditioner I wash each plait. I left the cleanser on for about 30-40 minutes and rinsed out. I forgot to do the detox treatment, but I did protein treatment, followed up with henna and indigo. I have to get a stronger brand of indigo or leave it on longer because it did not turn my gray hair just around my hairline black, just a coppery brown color. I rinsed out and my hair was so strong. (I'm beginning to understand that because I have fine hair strands, my hair needs protein treatments infused with henna because it adds additional integrity structure to my hair).

Next I did a deep moisture conditioner under dryer for 15 minutes and finally as a final rinse, I infused herbs and added 1T of acv and poured over my head. My hair was so soft. I combed through and proceeded to apply leave in, oils, and butter, pinned up and went to bed. In AM, I put on my wig because I was going to my meeting, and when I returned, I put my hair in piggyback braids during the LOC method.

I was not concentrating on length this time which is very unusual for me. My hair did grow, but I didn't measure how much. I was focusing on how my hair appeared, if it was healthy looking, thick, etc. The appearance of my hair looked good. I will be doing another install of crochet braids around the end of July. I was pleased with the outcome but I really will be able to tell how my hair is doing after my next install. I really hope that this low manipulation is the key to me gaining hair length. Just wanted to report that all went well.

I try to stay motivated and focus. I'm giving myself time to gain the length I desire. I combed my hair very little and will continue to use the comb occasionally. I changed hair products, but I kept many. I do a scalp massage every morning, I'm trying to eat healthy, taking supplement. I oil my scalp 3 times a week, and I lightly spray my hair with oil and water mix to keep moist. Stay focus ladies and continue to put forth effort to achieve your hair length goals.

Mskraizy

I feel like I've totally abandoned LHCF altogether! I'm sorry ladies, just a lot of life going down on my end. I got a notification for another challenge I'm in and then I remembered to check in over here. =/

On the downside, I've discovered my hair is having MAJOR breakage lately. I keep getting little broken strands popping off all the time. What did it was when I finally decided to style/moisturize my hair in the bathroom sink and it was a true eye opener. Little curly q's EVERYWHERE. I almost died. All on my shirt, all over the sink, I can't ever remember my hair being this bad...except the days before I started caring for my hair. =(

So what I've been doing lately is trying to moisturize by means of water, moisturizing conditioner, oil, and avocado butter. I've done it two days already and I'm already seeing a dramatic cutback on broken strands though I still lose a few every now and again. Ultimately, I want to lose NONE. I mean, cause I was just wondering how come I'm always around the same length every month when I've been bunning and braiding and wearing my beanie (WITH the satin bonnet) like mad. It just didn't make sense.

These days I do my hair in the bathroom with a bright shirt on so I can monitor the hairs that I'm losing. I think the moisturizing my ends daily is going to help me start growing and retaining again but I won't really know if it's working until I detangle on wash day. =/

And with that, I also trimmed off .5 an inch a few days ago. *rolling eyes* I'm doing a braid regimen seems like. I do my wash day, put in a braid set that will ultimately take two days to dry, and every day after I wash day I moisturize my ends by means of water/conditioner/oil/butter. This is my first week moisturizing daily, but I've been doing the braid regimen for about a month now. I'm hoping for a change in length and health come the end of July!

Sorry I've been away from you all. Hope that you all are doing well!

fancypants007

I feel like I've totally abandoned LHCF altogether! I'm sorry ladies, just a lot of life going down on my end. I got a notification for another challenge I'm in and then I remembered to check in over here. =/

On the downside, I've discovered my hair is having MAJOR breakage lately. I keep getting little broken strands popping off all the time. What did it was when I finally decided to style/moisturize my hair in the bathroom sink and it was a true eye opener. Little curly q's EVERYWHERE. I almost died. All on my shirt, all over the sink, I can't ever remember my hair being this bad...except the days before I started caring for my hair. =(

So what I've been doing lately is trying to moisturize by means of water, moisturizing conditioner, oil, and avocado butter. I've done it two days already and I'm already seeing a dramatic cutback on broken strands though I still lose a few every now and again. Ultimately, I want to lose NONE. I mean, cause I was just wondering how come I'm always around the same length every month when I've been bunning and braiding and wearing my beanie (WITH the satin bonnet) like mad. It just didn't make sense.

These days I do my hair in the bathroom with a bright shirt on so I can monitor the hairs that I'm losing. I think the moisturizing my ends daily is going to help me start growing and retaining again but I won't really know if it's working until I detangle on wash day. =/

And with that, I also trimmed off .5 an inch a few days ago. *rolling eyes* I'm doing a braid regimen seems like. I do my wash day, put in a braid set that will ultimately take two days to dry, and every day after I wash day I moisturize my ends by means of water/conditioner/oil/butter. This is my first week moisturizing daily, but I've been doing the braid regimen for about a month now. I'm hoping for a change in length and health come the end of July!

Sorry I've been away from you all. Hope that you all are doing well!

Thanks for checking in. Girl I know you will get in control of that breakage and halt it in its tracks. We all have been there and feel your pain. I agree, I don't want no hair to break, shed, etc. But we know that is not being realistic. We know we will have certain setbacks, but the key is, to get in control of it before it gets out of control.

I'm learning each day about how to take care of my hair and when I think I have it, something else happens. It really does not make any sense. I'm learning how important protein is to my fine strands. I'm really hoping that low manipulation is beneficial for my hair more so than protective styling. Anyhow, I'm routing for you. It already sounds like you have the breakage under control.

Don't worry about not posting often, we know you are still here and appreciate when you do check in. I'm taking my time this go round and trying to focus my attention more on hair health instead of growth and length. If you have the health, the others will follow. Stay consistent with your efforts and they will pay off.

Mane Event

I'm checking in!
I have not cut since starting this challenge in May 2013. (cutting has always been my problem).

I have no plans to cut for the balance of the year since I'm hiding my hair (in cornrows) under half wigs. I've had two cornrow installations since the beginning of the year :look: Yes, I was due for my next one like yesterday but I'm really riding this one out. I rarely have issues with matting.

Anywho, for the first part of the year, let's call it Q1, I was really into topical growth aids - good ol' - MTG and Megatek mixture. I've since taken a break from those and kicked up my vitamin game. I'm currently taking MSM, Collegan, and Manetabolism. I think I like manetabolism so far (I'm almost done with my first bottle). I may try this for another month but I'm highly considering hf37 - an oldie but goody.

I've been slacking on inversions *sighs*

fancypants007

I'm checking in!
I have not cut since starting this challenge in May 2013. (cutting has always been my problem).

I have no plans to cut for the balance of the year since I'm hiding my hair (in cornrows) under half wigs. I've had two cornrow installations since the beginning of the year :look: Yes, I was due for my next one like yesterday but I'm really riding this one out. I rarely have issues with matting.

Anywho, for the first part of the year, let's call it Q1, I was really into topical growth aids - good ol' - MTG and Megatek mixture. I've since taken a break from those and kicked up my vitamin game. I'm currently taking MSM, Collegan, and Manetabolism. I think I like manetabolism so far (I'm almost done with my first bottle). I may try this for another month but I'm highly considering hf37 - an oldie but goody.

I've been slacking on inversions *sighs*

Thanks for checking in. It's nice to hear that we are still on this challenge. How is MTG working for you. I love that stuff because it gave me noticeably growth. I'm now using my homemade version of the "potion".

I can't wait to put my crochet install back in. The crochet style is cute, while my natural hair is resting in cornroll braids. I often think about those whose hair grew tremendously due to leaving their hair alone. The Youtuber who started 18 inches in 18 months got her results because she did cornroll braids and kept them in for 2-3 months. I frequent these websites because it motivates me to continue to leave my hair alone.

I'm taking manetabolism too. I bought the 3-4 bottle set. I stopped for awhile, but now I'm taking them again. Hopefully can see results.

Girl, all of us have been slacking, but we are not giving up! Continue to stay focus and motivated as we all try to achieve our hair goals of inches plus inches plus inches and beyond.

Mskraizy

Thanks for checking in. Girl I know you will get in control of that breakage and halt it in its tracks. We all have been there and feel your pain. I agree, I don't want no hair to break, shed, etc. But we know that is not being realistic. We know we will have certain setbacks, but the key is, to get in control of it before it gets out of control.

I'm learning each day about how to take care of my hair and when I think I have it, something else happens. It really does not make any sense. I'm learning how important protein is to my fine strands. I'm really hoping that low manipulation is beneficial for my hair more so than protective styling. Anyhow, I'm routing for you. It already sounds like you have the breakage under control.

Don't worry about not posting often, we know you are still here and appreciate when you do check in. I'm taking my time this go round and trying to focus my attention more on hair health instead of growth and length. If you have the health, the others will follow. Stay consistent with your efforts and they will pay off.

Thanks fancypants007!

@ the red, girl you ain't NEVA LIED! Man I thought I was on top of things and my hair obviously was feelin otherwise! lol

@ the bolded, me and you both. Healthy hair is beautiful hair no matter the length but you're right, length always follows healthy hair and that's what I need to focus on more.

At the moment though I was so ready to throw my hands up, quit the whole haircare thing, dye my hair, fry it with a flat iron, I was just OVER it. I even contemplated just relaxing it!

But then I was like :sad:

:ohwell:

And decided to just be pro-active about the situation. No more deadlines to reach any lengths for the rest of forever. From now on, the only thing I'm going to focus on is Not. Losing. HAIR! If you don't lose hair, of course it'll get longer right?! :grin:

I've only really moisturized like 3 days this week but it seemed okay when I took my braids down for a braidout it still felt moisturized and I didn't get too many broken strands. If I had to guess, maybe somewhere around 20? BUT, I still haven't done wash day yet. :perplexed Not really looking forward to that.

But I'm starting to realize my hair is HOT. lol I'm not even sure I WANT waist length hair anymore but I know deep down that I do. I'll probably just have to move to New York or something to wear it loose! :lachen:

But I think my hair will be okay. I'm kinda curious. I know breakage in itself is not healthy, but how much breakage would be considered "healthy"?

Thanks for not kicking me to the curb. I been missin you ladies though!!!!!! We gotta get this right for our next reveals! Should we have an end of the year reveal? Maybe that'll help keep me up on moisturizing everyday if I gotta show ya'll what my progress is at the end of December... lol! :lol:

fancypants007

Thanks fancypants007!

@ the red, girl you ain't NEVA LIED! Man I thought I was on top of things and my hair obviously was feelin otherwise! lol

@ the bolded, me and you both. Healthy hair is beautiful hair no matter the length but you're right, length always follows healthy hair and that's what I need to focus on more.

At the moment though I was so ready to throw my hands up, quit the whole haircare thing, dye my hair, fry it with a flat iron, I was just OVER it. I even contemplated just relaxing it!

But then I was like :sad:

:ohwell:

And decided to just be pro-active about the situation. No more deadlines to reach any lengths for the rest of forever. From now on, the only thing I'm going to focus on is Not. Losing. HAIR! If you don't lose hair, of course it'll get longer right?! :grin:

I've only really moisturized like 3 days this week but it seemed okay when I took my braids down for a braidout it still felt moisturized and I didn't get too many broken strands. If I had to guess, maybe somewhere around 20? BUT, I still haven't done wash day yet. :perplexed Not really looking forward to that.

But I'm starting to realize my hair is HOT. lol I'm not even sure I WANT waist length hair anymore but I know deep down that I do. I'll probably just have to move to New York or something to wear it loose! :lachen:

But I think my hair will be okay. I'm kinda curious. I know breakage in itself is not healthy, but how much breakage would be considered "healthy"?

Thanks for not kicking me to the curb. I been missin you ladies though!!!!!! We gotta get this right for our next reveals! Should we have an end of the year reveal? Maybe that'll help keep me up on moisturizing everyday if I gotta show ya'll what my progress is at the end of December... lol! :lol:

Girl, I'm just trying to keep this thread light. You can post pics anytime you feel like it. This hair journey is quite challenging for some of us, and I'm finding so much pleasure in just leaving my hair ALONE!

I oil my scalp 3 times a week, I moisturized my hair with oil and water only, 3 times a week. I do GHE when I oil my scalp. I try to do my hair ends with water and butter as often as I can to keep them moist. I usually pin them back up so they are protected.

I have my hair in piggyback plaits and I just throw on my short wig until I get my next crochet install in another couple of weeks. I will be able to tell how my hair is doing after I take them down which probably will be sometime in September.

I noticed when I took my crochets down last month, that my hair appeared to be different. I'm trying to think if I had any broken hair, but I had lots of shed hair. To answer your question, the only thing I remember about breakage is what Wanakee said... "You can't stop your hair from breaking, but you can get in control of that breakage". This is what I focus on when I see breakage. I pull out my handy dandy protein products and go to work to halt that breakage in its tracks.

You hair is so beautiful so keep doing what you are doing to get in control of that breakage. My hair on the other hand is fine strands which is delicate and can easily break. I'm understanding how much I need to do protein treatment. I do a protein treatment every 8 weeks when I come out of my braids, and then I reinforce it with henna to build integrity into my hair strands. I'm just hoping that my hair responds. If I see this, then it encourages me to continue doing what I'm doing.

I also changed hair products and will see what difference they make. Hang in there girl. You will overcome this breakage and be on your way to that WSL that we all desire. Stay positive and continue to put forth effort. You will be rewarded in the end.

fancypants007

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well with their personal regimes. I'm still very motivated and committed to get increase inches. I continue to follow my limited regime of oiling scalp, moisturizing hair, massaging scalp, exercising, taking supplements, and trying to eat healthy.

My hair is peaking out from braids which equals new growth. But this is not my problem. My problem is length retention. I have an appointment to get my next crochet install at the end of this month. I will detox my hair and scalp, do a protein treatment, henna treatment, deep moisture condition and apply LOC method before install.

I'm hoping to see more growth this go around.

Nothing is different with me, just wanted to check in with everyone. Stay motivated and committed by putting forth effort to achieve hair goals. This time around I'm focusing more on quality hair products that can help me achieve my goals. Stay focus and consistent everyone as we all try to do our best to achieve our hair goals.

candie19

Hey ladies!!! Checking in. Here's the update on my hair....
April 19- I fully relaxed my hair. I went a whole year trying to transition it was just too much. I loved being fully relaxed but I couldn't get a regime. I spent $$$$ on so many products that didn't work. My hair was shedding and breaking everywhere. I was still using Joico but my hair hated it. So I came across a thread on porosity. Took the test and I'm low porosity Who knew!!! I've gone back to what worked over 10 years ago when I was relaxed- Keracare and Mane N Tale. Starting my hair journey over again...
Here's my reggie:
Pre-poo: oil rinse with heat
Shampoo: Keracare moisture
Deep condition: Keracare Humecto / mane n tail (alternating each week)
Moisturizer: Paul Mitchell the conditioner, EVOO, Rosemary oil, water, and glycerin
I'm using NJoy's hair oil....that stuff works!

Here's my starting pic.... My hair isn't a long as it want it but my thickness is unreal. My pic yesterday from my touch-up and fresh trim.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 65

fancypants007

Hey ladies!!! Checking in. Here's the update on my hair....
April 19- I fully relaxed my hair. I went a whole year trying to transition it was just too much. I loved being fully relaxed but I couldn't get a regime. I spent $$$$ on so many products that didn't work. My hair was shedding and breaking everywhere. I was still using Joico but my hair hated it. So I came across a thread on porosity. Took the test and I'm low porosity Who knew!!! I've gone back to what worked over 10 years ago when I was relaxed- Keracare and Mane N Tale. Starting my hair journey over again...
Here's my reggie:
Pre-poo: oil rinse with heat
Shampoo: Keracare moisture
Deep condition: Keracare Humecto / mane n tail (alternating each week)
Moisturizer: Paul Mitchell the conditioner, EVOO, Rosemary oil, water, and glycerin
I'm using NJoy's hair oil....that stuff works!

Here's my starting pic.... My hair isn't a long as it want it but my thickness is unreal. My pic yesterday from my touch-up and fresh trim.

Thanks for checking in. We all have to make decisions that is going to be best for us. The pic of your hair looks sooo healthy. Often we have to start afresh with this hair journey.

I'm going to access my hair when I come out of my second install of crochet braids which won't be until the end of September. I will be getting my second install this weekend. I cut off around 3 inches of scraggly ends, before my first install. My hair is now in piggyback braids and the new growth is sprouting all around these braids. I'm hoping these braids will help me with length retention. If I don't see any progress at the end of September, I may be cutting and starting all over again too.

It took a lot of courage for you to decide after a year to go back to relaxing. Hoping that you will see some good results. The products you will be using are good. I try to keep in mind something that Kimmeytube said, and that was... hair is or like a fiber and we need to treat it as such. Some fibers are very thick and strong like denim, twill, canvass, but other fibers like satin, chiffon, silk are more delicate. My hair is fine which means it easily breaks and I need to be extra gentle when I'm taking care of it. I'm trying to implement all of these things to help me learn this process (which I believe is not hard) to grow hair. Wishing you the best and please keep us posted.

Stay consistent everyone. This hair journey is not over, at least for some of us. We want hair length, strength, and beauty. Let's work hard to achieve our goal.

fancypants007

Just wanted to give an update. I took down my piggyback braids to prepare my hair for the next install of crochet braids.

My piggyback braids have been in almost a month and while I was in these braids I moisturized my hair with oil and water 3 times a week and oiled my scalp 3 times a week. I tried to keep ends moisturized everyday and I pinned braids up in bun while wearing my wig. I did little of nothing else to my hair. I was a little scared, because I thought my hair would be so dry, well to my surprise my hair was soft, moisturized and strong.

I finger detangled my hair in sections and then combed thru with wide tooth comb. I had shedding but it was not unusual. My hair appeared to be thick and my ends conditioned. I tried to keep my ends protected everyday with oil, water, and butter. I was very pleased with the aftereffects of my hair after being protected away for almost a month.

I will be doing my overnight oil treatment, cleansing hair, detoxing hair and scalp, protein treatment, overnight henna treatment, indigo treatment, deep moisture treatment and final herbal rinse with ACV. I will be doing all of this over a two span period (Thursday and Friday). I will then follow up with LOB method, plait and Saturday AM going to get my install.

I'm hoping for some improvements to my hair. I changed hair products and I'm wondering if this is helping. I'm also understanding that my fine hair strands need additional reinforcement with protein treatment and henna. I'm also doing scalp massages for about 3-5 minutes everyday. I need to learn how to retain length. Many express to keep the hair moisturized especially the ends and protective styles. I have been doing this over the years, but have had little success. I'm thinking that perhaps low manipulation coupled with protective styles may be the answer for me.

I'm still working on this hair journey in trying to understand my hair and how to get good results. We're all here to share and to keep each other motivated. I'm seriously thinking about transitioning to natural, but I'm not sure. I will continue to keep my regime simple and do very little to my hair. I hope it pays off in the end. Stay consistent and focus everyone and don't forget to check in.

Mskraizy

caliscurls, you big chopped!?!?!?!?!!!!!

CONGRATS GIRL!!!! How have you been enjoying it? {I'm like a whole month late! lol} I'm so happy for you!

Hi ladies! I'm excited but I'm not sure i have a right to be. I monitored my hair all through the month of July and my last length check was June 20 up until yesterday {July 31} and I think I see some progress. Now after the June 20th length check, I DID chop off half an inch after I discovered the major breakage going on and that was just a knee-jerk reaction. But I feel like my hair has grown back and a little more than it was.

I'm not going to post the length check pics or comparisons cause ummmm, I'm in my bra and I don't want to post those. lol! But by...September? Whenever it's three months, I'll post a length check and we'll see because I'm hoping I'll be closer to waist length by then!

So I think I've kinda figured out what I need to do and how I can get back on track. I think this is what I need to get my hair in gear again!! HHG ladies!!

caliscurls

Hey Mskraizy ! I did indeed and LOVE IT! Even though I'm not over the moon on the length I love my hair and am glad I stopped messing around and just cut it, lol. It's been six weeks as of today since the scissors had their way and my hair is doing great. 2.5 of those weeks have been in mini twists...they are so versatile and easy to care for! They've even curbed the PJ that's always lurking in my head. In fact I've been looking at my stash thinking "Really Caliscurls?!"

Right now I'm just trying to stay focused on health because length will surely follow (but it's hard to do that! I usually check length like every week :look: ) Mini twists are looking like a go to style for the rest of the year for sure while I wait for some real length. They are also great for my lifestyle as I work out 6 days a week.

caliscurls

Just checking in...since I chip chopped away my retention has been superb. The only thing that has changed with my routine is that I'm trying to use up all my extra stash and then simplify...seriously simplify.

How is everyone else doing?

fancypants007

Just checking in...since I chip chopped away my retention has been superb. The only thing that has changed with my routine is that I'm trying to use up all my extra stash and then simplify...seriously simplify.

How is everyone else doing?

Thanks for checking in and I'm glad that things are going well with your hair and retention.

I'm still hanging in there, but I'm not checking in as much because I have nothing to report. I have my hair in crochet braids which are doing well and when I take them down next month I will give a full report.

I'm really getting into massaging my hair on a regular basis. I find myself doing it in sections for about 2 minutes and then moving to the next section. My hair is tingling when I'm finish. I'm also only moisturizing by hair at least 3 times a week and I'm very rarely oiling my scalp. When I moisturize my natural hair underneath crochet braids, I use this mix which has oil in it and it gets to my scalp. I will have a better idea of how my hair has progressed when I take crochet down.

I'm still trying to eat healthy and have upped things a bit. I try to stay faithful to my exercising which I try to do at least 4-5 times a week. I hope everyone else is doing well with their regimes. I'm still hoping for long hair and I believe that this low manipulation and protective styles is the answer for me. I will keep everyone posted.