12 inches in 12 months - 2014

fancypants007

Re: 12 inches in 12 months - 2013

Thanks! I am proud. It's taken me a long time to get a good regimen down that works for me. I can't wait to see where I will be as time goes on!

Just continue to stay focused and consistent. Effort pays off as you well know. I remember something that Wanakee said and that was inches add up. So what, we may not get the 12 inches we all hope for, but if we implement good hair techniques, coupled with right products and proper handling, this will lead to increased inches of long healthy hair. We have evidence of some who have already experienced it as their progress pics show. So stay faithful to your regime so we can grow long healthy hair.

caliscurls

I'm still on track with my oiling scalp, massaging, inversion, hair supplement, but i slowed down with during my exercising, healthy eating like I mentioned last week, and other supplements. I did finish my 7 day inversion and will not be doing another one until next month......Remember the 3P's from Kimmeytube, Patience, Proper Handing, and Protective styles will get you there, so stay encouraged and motivated!

I didn't realize you were doing inversion too fancypants007. I'll be keeping an eye out for your and faithVA 's progress.

Power to the Triple P! :grin: ok that was goofy, lol! It's so true though. we've all learned so much that falls into those categories this year. Have patience with those products lady and write down what doesn't work so you don't have a relapse in 6 months.

fancypants007

I didn't realize you were doing inversion too fancypants007. I'll be keeping an eye out for your and faithVA 's progress.

Power to the Triple P! :grin: ok that was goofy, lol! It's so true though. we've all learned so much that falls into those categories this year. Have patience with those products lady and write down what doesn't work so you don't have a relapse in 6 months.

Thanks for the encouraging pep talk. We all need to hear such things because it keeps us focused and motivated.

PureSilver

Though my participation in this challenge has been minimal and i was not as committed as i should have been, i must say i got some good growth from Dec 2012 to now. I hope i can find two decent pics to post to make my comparison at year end.

JustGROWwithIt

Thanks fancypants007 ! I'm trying to keep this mane healthy so I can meet my goals sooner rather than later. Looking at pictures between this year and last year it looks like I pretty much lost or cut all of my 2013 growth :nono: I went from MBL in June to BSB now :perplexed The good news: I know what I did wrong and those ends were fried at the time due to a misguided moment of trying to go bone-straight with my relaxer...among other things - live and learn! :spinning: The other good news is that I'm happier with my hair now than June; it's healthier and less problem prone.

For the dust, I used the SplitEnder with 2 passes. The only thing in my hair at the time was the heat protectant.

That was my first time using the Lemon & Mint detox. It foams slightly and cleans well without stripping. I'm going to use it 1x a month and the Mango & Berries co-wash the rest of the month.

Edit: I did measure my new growth it looks like although I didn't retain much my hair did grow 7 inches between the last time I relaxed (March 2013) to the end of of November this year so it's feasible to say that with the right care I can probably only retain 8-9 inches in 12 months.....but I like this thread so I'm not going anywhere :yep:

Where did you order your splitender from? I looked it up last week and I think I found the website but it looked kinda shady to me :look: and I read through the reviews and found 3 that were EXACTLY the same from over a period of a year and with different names. So to me that spells scam :lol:

caliscurls

Where did you order your splitender from? I looked it up last week and I think I found the website but it looked kinda shady to me :look: and I read through the reviews and found 3 that were EXACTLY the same from over a period of a year and with different names. So to me that spells scam :lol:

JustGROWwithIt the web site does like suspect LOL so that was a good question. You can find it here: http://www.splitender.com this is where I ordered mine

JustGROWwithIt

Just continue to stay focused and consistent. Effort pays off as you well know. I remember something that Wanakee said and that was inches add up. So what, we may not get the 12 inches we all hope for, but if we implement good hair techniques, coupled with right products and proper handling, this will lead to increased inches of long healthy hair. We have evidence of some who have already experienced it as their progress pics show. So stay faithful to your regime so we can grow long healthy hair.

Yep, I am being consistent and happy with the progress I made. I started the regimen I am using now this time last year (with the exception of a few tweaks I've made throughout the year) and I realized that in a year my hair went from just barely CBL to a little past APL. I can live with that :yep:

caliscurls

:lol: Ok thanks, then it's not just me!
Do you flat iron your hair before using it?

Not usually, I've been able to get away with only doing a good tension blow dry (with a heat protectant) and then using it. BUT my hair was thoroughly detangled already and I run a small tooth comb through each section before using it.

If you don't detangle first and do it in small sections (like you're about to flat iron) it won't go well :nono: . It will snag or you'll start hearing the dreadful snap of hair getting pulled out (not from the root, just breaking).

For me it takes as long as flat ironing....which is why I tend to procrastinate doing it :blush: It's worth it though, this device was a great investment for me :yep:

fancypants007

lets do this challenge again in 2014

Sounds good to me, are the rest of you in? Quite frankly, I was going to continue doing the things in this challenge in 2014 too. We learn so much from each other and having a support group really helps keep us on track. Thanks for putting that out there for all of us to consider.

fancypants007

Though my participation in this challenge has been minimal and i was not as committed as i should have been, i must say i got some good growth from Dec 2012 to now. I hope i can find two decent pics to post to make my comparison at year end.

Looking forward to seeing those pics!

caliscurls

Sounds good to me, are the rest of you in? Quite frankly, I was going to continue doing the things in this challenge in 2014 too. We learn so much from each other and having a support group really helps keep us on track. Thanks for putting that out there for all of us to consider.
I'm in! Feeling very optimistic about 2014

fancypants007

Not usually, I've been able to get away with only doing a good tension blow dry (with a heat protectant) and then using it. BUT my hair was thoroughly detangled already and I run a small tooth comb through each section before using it.

If you don't detangle first and do it in small sections (like you're about to flat iron) it won't go well :nono: . It will snag or you'll start hearing the dreadful snap of hair getting pulled out (not from the root, just breaking).

For me it takes as long as flat ironing....which is why I tend to procrastinate doing it :blush: It's worth it though, this device was a great investment for me :yep:

Yes, the splitender is really a good investment. I always just make sure my hair is thorougly detangled. Sometimes I don't even blow dry my hair. I take small sections and allow the tool to do it's job. I tell you when you finish, you can actually see the difference in your hair that something happen. It's great. I checked out Youtube videos before purchasing. I posted a few links that may prove to be helpful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78fud1dKRfc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woqqs16EoMc

Enjoy!

faithVA

I see they have some new editions since I purchased...
http://www.splitender.com/1-888-410-6655/shop/index.php

I have the third one down ($59 item)...probably need to order some replacement blades in the new year I think I've had mine no less than a year.

Cool. I didn't know they had a spare blade. I need to pick up one of those. I hope they keep a supply through spring of next year.

faithVA

Sure. The original OP says we are running this through May 2014. We didn't start until April.

JustGROWwithIt

Thanks! I see a new toy coming in my future :look:

JustGROWwithIt

I'm In! I will be doing the same things anyway so we might as well stay together to support on another! :yep:

JustGROWwithIt

Yes, the splitender is really a good investment. I always just make sure my hair is thorougly detangled. Sometimes I don't even blow dry my hair. I take small sections and allow the tool to do it's job. I tell you when you finish, you can actually see the difference in your hair that something happen. It's great. I checked out Youtube videos before purchasing. I posted a few links that may prove to be helpful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78fud1dKRfc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woqqs16EoMc

Enjoy!

Thanks! I checked out those videos and I am officially sold!

candie19

Ok ladies..... Since January is a long month I am going to do everything there is possible to gain one inch.
This is what I'm going to do......
- drink 5-7 bottles of water daily
- juice! Each day consisting of apple, spinach, cucumber, oranges, etc.
- try neo-cell collogen in powder form
- take country life maxi hair vitamins as my multivitamin
- no heat until Feb.
-NJoys original sulfur mix (started this the beginning of Dec and it works) my hair has gotten thicker.

All in effort to get 1 inch!

fancypants007

Ok ladies..... Since January is a long month I am going to do everything there is possible to gain one inch.
This is what I'm going to do......
- drink 5-7 bottles of water daily
- juice! Each day consisting of apple, spinach, cucumber, oranges, etc.
- try neo-cell collogen in powder form
- take country life maxi hair vitamins as my multivitamin
- no heat until Feb.
-NJoys original sulfur mix (started this the beginning of Dec and it works) my hair has gotten thicker.

All in effort to get 1 inch!

Yes, this is what I did the last couple of months. I was trying to "up" my regime so I could achieve more inches. Is it sulfur that thickens your hair? I ask the question because I have been using MTG and my hair also especially the new growth is so much thicker. I'm glad that things are continuing to work for you. Thanks for checking in.

fancypants007

Hello ladies, I hope all is well with you. Just my usual check in. I prepared my hair on Saturday for my touchup this coming Saturday. I washed with ORS aloe shampoo because it said it removes buildup. I then did my 2 step aphogee protein treatment and sit under the dryer for 40 minutes. I did a moisturising treatment for 40 minutes and then put in leave in and plaited it up in the pattern I will be using to do my touchup. Everything went very well. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to do a ponytail rollerset and then wrap my hair after the touchup because I never style my hair after relaxing. I know it's probably going to be limp because of new relaxer. I heard that you should color your hair at least 5-7 days after chemical treatment. If it's semi or demi permanent you can do it the same day, but I'm going to do a henna and indigo treatment and I have done it before on the same day, but I'm going to do things different this time. Maybe I will do my rollerset and wrap when I do my henna treatment because my hair should have more body. Anyhow, it's going to be an all day process. After touchup, I want to deep condition for about 1 hour. Then I will trim away split ends using splitender which I'm thinking is going to take around 1.5 hours. Then rollersetting, and wrapping and sitting under the dryer, whew! All day like I said. I can also do a carusso roller set after air drying my hair that could give me more body. I just want to wear my hair out for at least a few days, and then back to protective styles. I will take a picture as soon as I finish relaxing with my length t-shirt to see how many inches I achieved from June to December. I hope everyone else is prepared to check in either with pics or just sharing the inches you got next week. Keep encouraged everyone, because your efforts will pay off if you stay consistent!

candie19

Yes, this is what I did the last couple of months. I was trying to "up" my regime so I could achieve more inches. Is it sulfur that thickens your hair? I ask the question because I have been using MTG and my hair also especially the new growth is so much thicker. I'm glad that things are continuing to work for you. Thanks for checking in.

Details! details! Did you gain any inches? What worked? What didn't?

I'm not sure if it's the sulfur or the JBCO I mixed with it that thickens the hair. Off to research....

fancypants007

Details! details! Did you gain any inches? What worked? What didn't?

I'm not sure if it's the sulfur or the JBCO I mixed with it that thickens the hair. Off to research....

Girl when it comes to my hair I have "hair anorexia". I know I got inches but I'm not sure how much. I have alot of newgrowth that I can see, but my problem is retaining. I don't want to say it grew this much and then be disappointed. I will let my touchup results speak for me and hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised. I'm planning on taking a pic because I have been so bad about posting pics. This I can say, my hair is changing for the better. I stopped using my MTG for this week until after my touchup. Waiting patiently to see everyone's results. It's so exciting.

nyunyu

Heyah girlies, I know we comin up to length check time. I'm basically 12weeks post relaxer, ready to relax but I'm home now in Jamaica and I am scared stiff of letting anyone do it and mashup my progress! I think I'll have to wait till I get back to bvi to let that guy I found do it, but that won't b till the second week of January. That being said, how do I check in? Just stretch a section with my fingers? Or can I post in January? My hair doesn't like heat so I'm not feeling flat ironing it. I'm open to suggestions ladies! Hope u guys are having a great holiday!

fancypants007

Heyah girlies, I know we comin up to length check time. I'm basically 12weeks post relaxer, ready to relax but I'm home now in Jamaica and I am scared stiff of letting anyone do it and mashup my progress! I think I'll have to wait till I get back to bvi to let that guy I found do it, but that won't b till the second week of January. That being said, how do I check in? Just stretch a section with my fingers? Or can I post in January? My hair doesn't like heat so I'm not feeling flat ironing it. I'm open to suggestions ladies! Hope u guys are having a great holiday!

Anything that works for you is good. Yes, January check in is fine. We're trying to stay encouraged and some of the ladies posted early, so if you want to post after check in which is the end of December, that will be OK. Can't wait to see those pics.