12 inches in 12 months - 2014

Mskraizy

Re: 12 inches in 12 months - 2013

Thanks for checking in. Safflower oil is good. It's suppose to mimic our natural sebum which is why I purchased it. Have you heard of LOReal's Nature's Therapy conditioner that has ceramides in it. I use conditioner as a prepoo for about 60 minutes with mixture of oils, powders to stimulate my scalp. I purchased LOReal because the ingredients seemed good. It seems like you are doing good with your hair. Low manipulation is key in helping us gain that length and inches. I'm hoping to achieve this by experimenting with not combing my hair, just fingercombing. I can't wait until the end of this month when I will comb to see if my hair responded. Stay consistent and focused and always stay encouraged and we will get there!

I haven't used Loreal in a minute, I'll have to check it out next shopping trip! :grin: I did get some shea moisture shea butter deep treatment masque to use a styler, I heard that that product had ceramides in it too.

You haven't combed your hair in a month!? Man I WISH I could but finger detangling always leaves my roots incredibly matted. I have to detangle with a comb and/or brush at LEAST twice a month or else it just doesn't work. Thanks for the encouragement! :yep:

fancypants007

My hair LOVES deep conditioning. I mean it thrives without it, but I feel to help keep my hair at an optimum health it requires weekly deep conditionings. I'm looking at my hair right now and it just ain't....naaaah...:lol:

But I did get me some of my trusty ORS deep conditioner, so between tomorrow and Friday, I will be going into my wash day full force. I also got me some cantu shea butter leave in, a trusty staple back in the day. It gave me some of my better twistouts until I started discovering Bee Mine and Shescentit products (but those are coming soon to a PJ near you :lachen:)

I'm loving Cantu Shea butter leave in. Someone who has hair similar to mine uses this product and I have been using it first, then my CFC, then applying Mizani coconut souffle hair dressing to seal and the next day my hair is so soft and moisturised. I'm loving the results, may have to keep with it instead of trying something new like I was going to do.

fancypants007

I haven't used Loreal in a minute, I'll have to check it out next shopping trip! :grin: I did get some shea moisture shea butter deep treatment masque to use a styler, I heard that that product had ceramides in it too.

You haven't combed your hair in a month!? Man I WISH I could but finger detangling always leaves my roots incredibly matted. I have to detangle with a comb and/or brush at LEAST twice a month or else it just doesn't work. Thanks for the encouragement! :yep:

Thanks for checking in.

January 26th is when I started fingercombing method so it won't be a month until the end of this month. I'm relaxed and my hair is fine with alot of density. I will be better able to gauge fingercombing when I detangle with a comb the end of the month. I take my time and thoroughly fingercomb on Friday evenings with my Cowboy Magic and it appears that all the tangles are eliminated. I'm hoping this method will help me gain some more length/inches since my hair is fine and fragile.

It's seems like Loreal volumizing conditioner is hard to find so I had to reorder through another company. I wanted it because it has some nice ingredients. I will be using it as a prepoo. Will give everyone a review once I use it.

fancypants007

Didn't start off today so well. I went to bed early and then overslept. Don't know what that is about :perplexed:

Last night I had my smoothie and biked for 30 minutes. I did another spritz and applied my scalp treatment but didn't baggy.

...Vitamins...check
...Water...in progress
...Scalp treatment....check
...brought my lunch...check

Still to be done
...Tea spritz
...baggying
...inversion
...smoothie
...exercise

Girl, what's going on with you, did you eat your Wheaties! I say this because you are on point, I mean definitely on point. I sense your positive energy through your posts.

Keep it up, you are motivating us all to stay on point being positive and consistent with our regimes.

candie19

candie19 hopefully you can get the breakage under control. It seems like weather related hair stress is harder to combat at first. Last winters breakage is part of the reason I started using butters this time around. It seems to be working but now I'm curious if my hair will rebel as it gets warmer and need oils instead.

What butters are you using?

caliscurls

What butters are you using?

candie19 I'm primarily using B.A.S.K Tapioca Pudding but sometimes use their Seven Fold Butter. I also only use Rosewater to moisturize unless my hair is extra dry for some reason then I'll use Naturelle Grow Lemon Hair Dressing. I can't use that (or anything similar) regularly though as a moisturizer...it just leads to breakage. So every day I mist with the Rosewater and pull it through my hair to distribute then seal with the Tapioca Pudding. A little goes a long way with it.

Edit: it's called B.A.S.K Palm Tapioca

Last edited:

faithVA

Girl, what's going on with you, did you eat your Wheaties! I say this because you are on point, I mean definitely on point. I sense your positive energy through your posts.

Keep it up, you are motivating us all to stay on point being positive and consistent with our regimes.

Let's see if I can stay on point for the whole month of February :yep:

Yeah, I had to shake myself out of that funk. And I was gaining weight. I had to put a stop to that. When I get focused on getting my body under control, then everything else goes with it.

Wednesday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...check
...Tea spritz...check
...baggying (skipped)
...inversion...check
...smoothie...check
...exercise...check

Thursday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...in progress
...Tea spritz...check
To Be Done
...baggying...
...inversion...
...smoothie...
...exercise...
...visualization

Weighed in at the company challenge. Finally dropping weight. Down 2.6 lbs this week.

Last edited:

faithVA

Nice! Great job! You've got me check marking over here too faithVA so I can get myself back on track. Your personal accountability is rubbing off :)

:yay: Hopefully, we can help keep each other motivated.

We have 2 months to the next check-in. We can do this :yep:

caliscurls

Accountability morning check in

Vitamins -check
Inversion day 3 - check
M&S and bun - check
Extra TLC on edges (m&s) - check
Workout ....later today for my real work out but did a short 5 min "wake up" routine
72oz water....in progress
No regrets eating....in progress

Last edited:

faithVA

Weighed in at the company challenge. Finally dropping weight. Down 2.6 lbs this week.

GOOD FOR YOU![/QUOTE]

Thank You

With the missing quote, I though you also weighed in at the company challenge. I said, "oh man, she lost 2.6 lbs too" :lol:

caliscurls

Vitamins -check
Inversion day 3 - check
M&S and bun - check
Workout ....later today for my real work out but did a short 5 min "wake up" routine

Workout ....check
72oz water....check
No regrets eating....check

faithVA

Thursday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...check
...Tea spritz...check
...baggying...skipped
...inversion...check
...smoothie...check
...exercise...check
...visualization...check

caliscurls

Vitamins -check
Inversion day 4 - check
M&S and bun - check
5 min morning workout - check
Full Workout ....later

fancypants007

Let's see if I can stay on point for the whole month of February :yep:

Yeah, I had to shake myself out of that funk. And I was gaining weight. I had to put a stop to that. When I get focused on getting my body under control, then everything else goes with it.

Wednesday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...check
...Tea spritz...check
...baggying (skipped)
...inversion...check
...smoothie...check
...exercise...check

Thursday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...in progress
...Tea spritz...check
To Be Done
...baggying...
...inversion...
...smoothie...
...exercise...
...visualization

Way to go! I love when others check in. Helps keep us motivated.

fancypants007

All I can say is WOW! You ladies are all on point. I go away for a week and I come back and say, what happened! Everyone seems to be energized, motivated and more importantly, sticking to their regimes by being consistent. This makes me so happy because I want increased inches and will do what I do, but I want success for all those who joined this challenge too. I know that efforts lead to results which is why I tried to be motivating each week, but you ladies have surpassed my weekly pep talk.

I got sick the middle of the week and stopped taking supplements, eating healthy, exercising, etc. But come Sunday, I'm back on it! I still faithfully oil and do my scalp massages, moisturising and sealing my hair, I'm now doing the GHE which is also good for me. I'm also trying not to manipulate my hair, so I've started something new, fingercombing. But I have to improve with eating healthy, inversion, exercising, supplements, etc., but I'm going to do this. Stay focus, consistent, and positive. Thanks to all of you!

caliscurls

Vitamins -check
Inversion day 4 - check
M&S and bun - check
5 min morning workout - check
Full Workout ....later

Full Workout ....check
72oz water....check
No regrets eating....check

Gotta say this is really helping!

caliscurls

The weekend is always a test... checking in

Vitamins -check
Inversion day 5 - check
M&S and bun - check
Full Workout ....later...might take a rest today we'll see
Balanced healthy eating ....in progress

I ordered some flexi-8 clips yesterday to help diversify my buns and twist up-do's. Going to stalk divachyks blog all week for styles :)

faithVA

Friday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...check
...Tea spritz...check
...baggying...skipped
...inversion...forgot
...smoothie...skipped
...exercise...check
...visualization...forgot

CurlyMoo

Yes, I believe that I remember a few reported they got 1 inch a month. I actually seem to get .75 a month, but to me that's still good. I hope this answers your question. We have been inspired by ones like NJoy who got 9 inches I believe in a year and Inspiired who started the first challenge (12 inches in 12 months - 2012), her hair is hip bone length. There are many others, but I remember one YouTuber who got 18 inches in 18 months. She did low manipulation and protective styles to achieve her goal. I believe it can be done, but just need to be focus and consistent! Research it to see what you find.

@ wonderful fancypants007

WOW, I missed your response.
Yes this helps very much. :yep: I have been debating on joining, but don't want to be disappointed. Can you please post the link to the youtuber who got 18 inches in 18 months?

caliscurls

Catching up, yesterday I got everything in and oiled my scalp but did take a rest from working out. My goal is 4 to 5 times a week and no more ( I do a lot of weights so the rest is necessary to prevent injury and not get too thin) Today Vitamins -check Inversion day 6 - check M&S and bun - check Extra TLC on edges (m&s) - check Full Workout ....n/a 72oz water....in progress Balanced healthy eating ....in progress

Last edited:

faithVA

Saturday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...partial
...inversion...check
...smoothie...skipped
...exercise...skipped
...visualization...partial

I do better during the week than the weekend which is weird. Didn't do spritzing and baggying since it was wash day.

Sunday
...Vitamins...check
...Water...in the works
...Tea spritz...skipped
...baggying...skipped
...inversion...in the works
...smoothie...check
...exercise...skipped
...visualization...in the works

fancypants007

fancypants007 how are you feeling lady?

Thanks for asking. I'm feeling much better, but I'm rethinking that perhaps I may have to have surgery in getting my gallbladder removed. I've only be fighting it for many years, taking herbal supplements, I heard that fennel seed was good, and these products helped, but I'm just getting tired of dealing with it. I don't have attacks frequently which is another reason why I wasn't anxious about having surgery. But I'm just tired of dealing with it. Thanks for caring, and I did put myself back on track.

faithVA

Thanks for asking. I'm feeling much better, but I'm rethinking that perhaps I may have to have surgery in getting my gallbladder removed. I've only be fighting it for many years, taking herbal supplements, I heard that fennel seed was good, and these products helped, but I'm just getting tired of dealing with it. I don't have attacks frequently which is another reason why I wasn't anxious about having surgery. But I'm just tired of dealing with it. Thanks for caring, and I did put myself back on track.

:bighug: Whatever you decide to do will be right for you.

fancypants007

Hello ladies,

I hope everyone is doing well and being consistent. Just my usual check in. I have put myself back on track with eating healthy, exercising, GHE, oiling and massaging scalp. I'm still working on inversion and water intake, but I'm trying to do what I can. I was thinking about laying on my slantboard yesterday for inversion, but I didn't do it. I have to get motivated in that area.

I'm still doing my weekly cowash on Tuesdays, and my rhassoul clay butter treatment on Saturdays. I'm still fingercombing my hair which I thoroughly do on Friday evenings using Cowboy Magic and its working out very well. Can't wait until the end of this month when I comb my hair to see how it is.

I was at my local dollar store this Saturday and I picked up this little body massager. Has anyone seen it? I purchased (and I am a fool) the Lypako model which costs $39.98 and it has the metal pins on the roller and I tried it and it stimulated my scalp, but I'm afraid it might break my hair so I stopped using it. I looked on ebay and they have some that were wooden for massage, and low and behold I find this little thing at my local dollar store. I used it sparingly yesterday and my scalp seemed to tingle. Who would have thought, that this little contraption could do the trick. I will keep everyone posted on the results.

I'm happy with my hair trying to keep in mind the basics, like being patient, proper handling, and protective styles. I try to stay consistent with my regime. I'm hoping for the best for all of us because having long hair is truly a women's crowning glory. Let's work together to achieve this goal by staying positive, encouraged and committed.

caliscurls

Oh wow fancypants007 I thought maybe you had a cold or something. Whatever you decide to do I just hope you're able to get back to an optimal state of health. I know from experience what it's like to be tired of an ailment and that's the primary motivation behind my quest for a healthy lifestyle now that I'm back to myself. I don't ever want to feel that way again.

Glad you're feeling better, have a wonderful Monday!