12 Inches In 12 Months - 2017

Guinan

Re-Branding
I bobby-pinned my already pinned up hair to one side. It looks ok. This may be another PS for me. I massaged my scalp too

Washed my hair yesterday. I was trying to go for 2weeks, but there was just too much product and my scalp was itching.

:flahssssss:CLARIFY: Clay mixed with ACV, olive oil, honey and water
:flahssssss:DC/LEAVE-IN: Tressume (diluted) overnight
:flahssssss:STYLE: My hair is currently in twists. Once they are semi- dry I'm going to comb out the twist and bun my hair.
:flahssssss:STYLER: I'm going to use Eco (clear)

Guinan

Re-Branding
Washed my hair yesterday. I was trying to go for 2weeks, but there was just too much product and my scalp was itching.

:flahssssss:CLARIFY: Clay mixed with ACV, olive oil, honey and water
:flahssssss:DC/LEAVE-IN: Tressume (diluted) overnight
:flahssssss:STYLE: My hair is currently in twists. Once they are semi- dry I'm going to comb out the twist and bun my hair.
:flahssssss:STYLER: I'm going to use Eco (clear)

M&S today and removed some shed hairs. I then put my hair in for large twist and plan to twist and bun the back of my hair. I moisturized with diluted KCNT and sealed with KC hair polisher.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Scalped massaged this morning; no oil.

:bdance:PRE-POO: Diluted KCNT & Kinky Curly hair polisher. Scalp massaged
:bdance:CLARIFY: Aztec Clay mixed w/ honey, olive oil, ACV. I left sit for almost an hr. My hair/scalp did not respond well. I had to shampoo 2x's. I used KC Come Clean shampoo
:bdance:DC: Tressume Curls Undone. I DCed overnight
:bdance:STYLER/STYLER: I have my hair in twists under a hat. I took out the twists in the front. I think I'm going to wear my hair like this over the weekend and then take the twists out and pin my hair up. I slicked my edges down with eco styler (clear) and I plan on massaging and applying KC Hair polisher tonight.

SIDE NOTE: My hair seems to be responding really well to my current reggie. I believe I see some growth; but I'm trying really hard not to measure until LC. When I did a pull test in the shower; my hair was around MBL; thanks to inversion and that 4c detangling thread. Detangling from the ends has REALLY helped me

eta: I cut my bangs. About 2 inches

Last edited:

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I will be sportin' a puff for a week, covering it with a plastic cap and Loc Soc over all at night (or during the day if it looks right).

I think doing coffee soaks twice weekly has given me another growth spurt, I hope...

Aggie

I washed my hair this morning with 22nd Century Shampoo Bar and now DCing with 22nd Century Deep Conditioner under a plastic cap while at work all day today with my wig on top, of course.

I won't have time to DC tomorrow because I have an all day women's seminar to attend.

ETA: Looks like I'll be sleeping with this DC in my hair tonight because it's too late for me to deal with my hair right now. I just got off from a 13.5 hour day at work and ain't no way I'm washing my hair tonight :nono:.

mayoo

Update:

Ran into a slight setback a couple of weeks ago while trying out a new twisting method. It caused my strands to tangle severely. Almost looked like half-locs :cry3::cry3:
Ended up having to rip tangles out :cry3:
A couple days after the ripped ends started to feel dry so I gave myself a trim all over. It was only about half an inch and I haven't trimmed in a long time so I dont feel too bad about it.
Also, trying out wash-and-go. Day 2 seems to be the furthest I can go before all my curls begin to tangle.
Detangling after a wash-and-go only takes about 5 minutes thanks to my new finger combing technique :toocool:

Guinan

Re-Branding
:bdance:PRE-POO: Diluted KCNT & Kinky Curly hair polisher. Scalp massaged
:bdance:CLARIFY: Aztec Clay mixed w/ honey, olive oil, ACV. I left sit for almost an hr. My hair/scalp did not respond well. I had to shampoo 2x's. I used KC Come Clean shampoo
:bdance:DC: Tressume Curls Undone. I DCed overnight
:bdance:STYLER/STYLER: I have my hair in twists under a hat. I took out the twists in the front. I think I'm going to wear my hair like this over the weekend and then take the twists out and pin my hair up. I slicked my edges down with eco styler (clear) and I plan on massaging and applying KC Hair polisher tonight.

SIDE NOTE: My hair seems to be responding really well to my current reggie. I believe I see some growth; but I'm trying really hard not to measure until LC. When I did a pull test in the shower; my hair was around MBL; thanks to inversion and that 4c detangling thread. Detangling from the ends has REALLY helped me

eta: I cut my bangs. About 2 inches

I was so-so with my hair this week. I PS throughout the week and wore it out yesterday. I also slept w/o a scarf one night. I washed my hair today.

:artist2:PRE-POO: Some random leavein and Olive Oil. I had one knot
:artist2:CLARIFY: KC Come Clean
:artist2:DC/Leave-in: Tressume Undone. I'm still DC. I will probably style in about an hr. So far I've been DC since 1:30pm.
:artist2:STYLER: KCNT, KC Hair polisher and KCC
:artist2:STYLE: Wng

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I am towards the end of my "puff break" and will be taking a break from coffee soaks. Let's see if guava tea helps with growth and retention.

Drinking water, between 80-96 oz, daily. I wonder if working out more will give me a growth spurt.

Aggie

Tonight I started with an overnight prepoo using a mixture of a tiny bit of leftover APB Moisturizing DC, Banyan Botanicals Healthy Hair Oil and AVJ.

Tomorrow morning I will do a Nioxin Scalp Renew Exfoliator
Clarifying
with Elucence Volume Clarifying Shampoo
Shampoo with Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo
Protein Treatment - Afiirm 5 in 1 Reconstructor
Moisturizing DCing with either APB Green Tea & Honey DC or Bask & Bloom Brahmi Hair Masque.
Leave-in - NG Sweet Plantain Leave-in

Jade Feria

I did a part-trim, part S&D for SSKs. Trimmed about 1/2 an inch overall. Ends are looking fresh and moisturized now. I also did a 7-day MHM challenge which worked wonders for my hair. Still DC'ing 2x per week, taking my supplements daily, drinking water, and been exercising 2x per week

Guinan

Re-Branding
I was so-so with my hair this week. I PS throughout the week and wore it out yesterday. I also slept w/o a scarf one night. I washed my hair today.

:artist2:PRE-POO: Some random leavein and Olive Oil. I had one knot
:artist2:CLARIFY: KC Come Clean
:artist2:DC/Leave-in: Tressume Undone. I'm still DC. I will probably style in about an hr. So far I've been DC since 1:30pm.
:artist2:STYLER: KCNT, KC Hair polisher and KCC
:artist2:STYLE: Wng

I massaged my scalp yesterday but without oil

mayoo

I've been wearing wash-and-gos for the past couple of weeks.

Funny enough, I haven't seen any breakage despite not using any product in my hair.
The first few times I put a thin oil in my hair but not anymore. It's not really needed.
I never thought there'd be a time where I would be walking around with hair with no product in it but here I am
I haven't washed my hair in a little while so my scalp is kind of itchy. I'll probably wash it tomorrow.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword

Funny enough, I haven't seen any breakage despite not using any product in my hair.
The first few times I put a thin oil in my hair but not anymore. It's not really needed.
I never thought there'd be a time where I would be walking around with hair with no product in it but here I am
I haven't washed my hair in a little while so my scalp is kind of itchy. I'll probably wash it tomorrow.
When you say "no product" do you mean nothing after washing or nothing each day of your wash and go?

Pygmy_puff

Wow! This is my dream. It's how I imagined "being natural" would be like when I first decided to stop relaxing my hair. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to wash and go consistently without creating a plethora of SSKs and tangles. Maybe I should try minimal product too...
How often do you-re wet your hair? Do you use a comb or denman when you style?

mayoo

When you say "no product" do you mean nothing after washing or nothing each day of your wash and go?

Um, after washing I sometimes would add a tiny bit of oil. But not all the time

But day two hair isn't very good for me so I re-rinse everyday and I don't put anything in it at all.

mayoo

Wow! This is my dream. It's how I imagined "being natural" would be like when I first decided to stop relaxing my hair. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to wash and go consistently without creating a plethora of SSKs and tangles. Maybe I should try minimal product too...
How often do you-re wet your hair? Do you use a comb or denman when you style?

I re-wet my hair every morning before I leave the house.

I haven't seen a lot of SSK or tangles but that might be because I'm not necessarily going for tangle-free hair? Like my hair is always tangling a little.
But once the pressure of the shower hits, it kinda beats out the tangles.

I don't use any tools when I detangle and it's the best thing I've done for my hair so far. I used to be so obsessed with detangling until the comb passed through smoothly when really there's no point in that.

Nowadays I only detangle with my fingers (not combing with them, kinda like separating) and that takes about 10 minutes in the morning in the shower

NCHairDiva

WAIST LENGTH 2019
Ive been in this challenge since the start. I would like to know if there are any tips to help reach the goals of 12 inches in 12 months....Which is 1 inch a month. I did not get an inch for the month of January.(I guess I'm behind already, smh)... I am in desperate need of some tips.
I will be starting Silica tonight. I am thinking of Hairfinity or Hair Skin & Nails Gummies....I have them all. I will also be drinking bamboo tea daily and Ive been looking into the sip and grow tea as well. I will also be working out and deep conditioning weekly/bi-weekly. I wear my hair in mini twist for 2 weeks at a time. Whatever tips anyone has to offer I am sure there are a few of us still putting things together and would appreciate the help..
**I have extremely fine hair... Also, thinning in the front (not that noticeable) it is hereditary. smh

NCHairDiva

WAIST LENGTH 2019
Im in the Challenge for the Inversion Method as well. Its never worked for me before, however I will continue to do it. Im going to continue until I find the method that works for me!!! I know its going to happen I just plan to stay focused, positive and moving forward!

Guinan

Re-Branding
I massaged my scalp yesterday but without oil

I have been HORRIBLE with my hair this week. I wore my hair down 3x's this week, I used a crappy gel and I slept w/o a bonnet 3days. I also went over a week w/o washing my hair. For next week I plan on PS under a hat, while my hair is in twists. I haven't been able to invert due to vertigo. I cut the front of my hair; so that my hair could frame my face.

Wash day was today

:rose:PRE-POO: Yesterday w/ Diluted KCNT and olive oil

:rose:CLARIFY: KC Come Clean

:rose:DC/LEAVE-IN: Tressume Curls Undone. I plan on DCing for about an hour

:rose:STYLER/STYLE: I will either use olive oil or KC Hair polisher to smooth onto my twists. To keep things interesting while PSing next week, I will wear different color hats and may undo my bangs

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Although my growth rate has slowed, the amount of hair hitting my shoulders while wet has increased. Since I am getting older and want to keep my follicles healthy and alive, I will take it!

I will revisit the inversion method soon. I hope increasing the days I workout helps...

Guinan

Re-Branding
I have been HORRIBLE with my hair this week. I wore my hair down 3x's this week, I used a crappy gel and I slept w/o a bonnet 3days. I also went over a week w/o washing my hair. For next week I plan on PS under a hat, while my hair is in twists. I haven't been able to invert due to vertigo. I cut the front of my hair; so that my hair could frame my face.

Wash day was today

:rose:PRE-POO: Yesterday w/ Diluted KCNT and olive oil

:rose:CLARIFY: KC Come Clean

:rose:DC/LEAVE-IN: Tressume Curls Undone. I plan on DCing for about an hour

:rose:STYLER/STYLE: I will either use olive oil or KC Hair polisher to smooth onto my twists. To keep things interesting while PSing next week, I will wear different color hats and may undo my bangs

I took my twists out. My ends feel dry. I will either wear it out this weekend or in a bun. I am getting tired of this hair journey. I want to wear my hair out more, possibly get a relaxer and a nice cut. I really don't know how some of these ladies on this board can grow their hair so long while PSing w/o wanting to do something drastic.

Ima keep calm though and stay on track but I am def getting the itch

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I took my twists out. My ends feel dry. I will either wear it out this weekend or in a bun. I am getting tired of this hair journey. I want to wear my hair out more, possibly get a relaxer and a nice cut. I really don't know how some of these ladies on this board can grow their hair so long while PSing w/o wanting to do something drastic.

Ima keep calm though and stay on track but I am def getting the itch
You can do this. Does your hair hate the wash and go during the winter? Try another protective style?

I am not PSing until next fall/winter, mainly to protect my hair from myself and the urge to big chop.