12 inches in 12 months Challenge Update Month 1

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Well, I noticed that we needed an update thread for the 12 inch challenge so I am gonna start one.

The Challenge started in the month of December 2003 so I guess it will we end the challenge on December 31, 2004.

Anyone is welcome to join in at anytime. The goal is to grow 12 inches of hair in 12 months.

If anyone has any suggestion or comments feel free to place them here!

Ladies how are you doing?? All is well here!

I will do an update this time every month so we can keep track of our progress.

Good Luck and Happy Hair Growing! We can do this!

Babygurl

I wish I could join this challenge, but my hair doesnt grow that much...my goal is more like 6 inches in 12 months. Its more realistic for me. Happy Hair Growing ladies.

brittanynic16

I have been getting about an inch a month with biotin (5mgs). But, I am going up the dosage to see if I can do better.

pookeylou

Here is my progress so far:

I did my Big Chop on 11/11/03...

11/11/03 - 2 - 2.5 inches all over
12/11/03 - ?
1/11/04 - 4 - 4.5 inches all over
1/31/04 - GOAL: 5.5 - 6 inches all over...

So, in two months (11/11/03 - 1/11/04) I gained 2 - 2.5 inches. RIGHT ON TRACK!

ETA: I take 2000 mgs of MSM daily
Surge (need I say more)
WHAT I NEED TO CHANGE: Exercise daily...for at least 30 minutes.
Up my water intake.
Increase my protein intake

Shoot...let me get on the treadmill (exercise makes your hair grow) and let me get to SURGING!!!

B

ballet_bun

DSD ... I am so tempted tp join this challenge!!! What's everyone doing "extra" to assist in growing your hair faster. I bought another nottle of MSM today!!!

Ballet BUn ...

candie19

I've got my inch!
Ballet Bun, I have been Surgen' it up, wearing my hair in french rolls to protect my ends, taking vitamins and extending my touch-ups.

nekee

Well i haven't really been doing anything with my hair. I have all of my vitamins but i wanted to get a multi before i use any of them.
I'm gettimg my multi today and digestive enzymes and detox, also i will be getting my protein shake.
Hopefully in march i will receive my Surge .
Even though i am going to have a late start i still hope on getting 12 inches or over for this year

LiqueXX

I think I got my inch but I didn't really measure (going by how my hair looks after my retouch earlier this month). I wonder, how is everyone measuring their hair, from the crown or the front?

lunalight7

My hair is growing in slowly lately. From May to September, it shot out of my head. I guess the cold weather months are my "slow" or shedding times. Im still trying for 6 inches by next December.

prettyblac

I made the cut I measured my new growth and it was an inch in the front I think in the back I got 1-2 inches The back of my hair grows faster. I will be getting my touch up on Jan 22 that's over 8 weeks sans relaxer. Next time I will go for 12 weeks. I will do a phony tail/w baggie for 4 weeks deep condition and go with braids for eight weeks deep condition for 1 to 2 weeks and re-touch not bone straight. Happy growing I will snap a pic after my retouch. Happy Hair Growing!

Ayeshia

im at 3.25 inches from 2.5 last month, so its not quite an inch but close enuff. Im not doing anything special except remembering to take my vitamins

kandyland

I'm joining in in this challenge.....to make the goal I will be re-starting my vitamins ( I've really slacked these past couple of months) and I will be upping my protein intake....I just bought this time-released protein I've been hearing about...

Armyqt

[ QUOTE ]
kandyland said:
I'm joining in in this challenge.....to make the goal I will be re-starting my vitamins ( I've really slacked these past couple of months) and I will be upping my protein intake....I just bought this time-released protein I've been hearing about...

[/ QUOTE ]

Do tell about this time released protein. This is the only thing that needs tweaking in my vitamin regimen. TIA

kandyland

The one I bought is called the original Pro Blend 55. It has 55 grams of protein per 2 scoops. Our body can only absorb so much protein at one time. When it has digested what it can, it excretes the rest. Supposedly with this time released protein, our body digests it as it is needed therefore no protein is excreted. This gives your body a steady flow of protein as needed. I've heard rave reviews about it, this will be my first time trying it. I believe there are many time released brand out...I just happened to pick this one up from the vitamin shoppe.

I just checked my hair and i have 1/2 inch of new (gray) growth in the front where my braids were too tight and i had lost hair ... the surge does work. I put in the braids on 12/30/03 three weeks later i have a1/2 inch where was bald

Armyqt

Thanks Kandyland. I know what you're talking about becuase a guy at work and I pitched in together and bought this to drink @ work. I didn't like it at all. It was too thick and I didn't care for the taste too much. I'm a lil fickle when it comes to my tastebuds. Good luck with it though. I'm sure it will bring glorious results for you.

jetcitygirl

Smeller of roses
I'll measure my hair again around March. I never can tell how much growth I have in one month because my hair seems to stand still for a couple of months then all a sudden it's an inch or two longer. I just have trouble measuring accurately I think. My goal is only 9 more inches my Dec 2004 or a total length of 16-17" after trims. I'm at 10-11" now.

ETA: This month I added 900mg of Marine protein & 1000mg of Sqalene to my supplement regimen. Plus I'm using Surge, but only sporadically

Armyqt

[ QUOTE ]
lunalight7 said:
Armyqt and kandy...what do you mix the protein powder with?

[/ QUOTE ]

I use Silk Soy milk vaniila flavor, or 2% milk.

L.Mo.

Why not? I'll join! I have never really measured my hair, so I'm not sure how "do-able" this is, but I believe in the motto: If it's conceivable, it's achievable!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
L.Mo. said:
Why not? I'll join! I have never really measured my hair, so I'm not sure how "do-able" this is, but I believe in the motto: If it's conceivable, it's achievable!

[/ QUOTE ]
So true!