12 inches in 12 months!

C

cieramichele

Dontspeakdefeat did this thread from 2003 to 2004. Lets try this again. Goal? One inch each month.

Do what you have to do. If you dont have the drive and dedication, well... :look:

Feel free to mention what youre doing to achieve this.

It starts June 8 2008 until June 8 2009 (im starting now:look:). Even tho this starts a little after the beginning of the month, lets check in every first of the month. Only pick up the ruler at check in time!

Are YOU ready? I surely am.

Lets go.

locabouthair

Well I was going for 6 inches in 12 months. Because I'm not sure what my max monthly growth rate is but I'll join this challenge.

I think the main thing that has held me back with my hair is my diet and exercise.

I honestly don't think you can reach your hair's full growth potential on external care alone. Taking care of the internal is a must if you want max growth.

Do what I'm doing is:
eating more protein
drinking more water
eating at least 4 servings of fruits and veggies a day
massaging my scalp every night with my essential oil mix
taking a multi vitamin, flaxseed oil, and iron tablet daily

Haven't done any exercising yet but I plan to because I know that can help as well.

Also:

moisturizing daily
Dc weekly
low heat
and relaxing every 10 to 12 weeks ( I do worry about stretching though because as my growth rate increases that will make it hard to stretch).

And after doing all of that don't stress just sit back and wait:yep:

Lioness

Good luck to you cieramichele and locabouthair! ETA I think 1 inch per month is very possible. Consistency is the key.

SexySin985

Awww heck, I'll join ya!:grin:

I just made the decision to stay in braids from June 08 - June 09.

I am also gonna use some growth aids..... I havent figured out which ones yet though.

I dunno if I'm going for 12 inches though (that would be a miracle for me). I am just gonna stay consistent with my regimen and handle my hair with TLC while in braids and I will gladly take any growth I get:yep:

C

cieramichele

Well I was going for 6 inches in 12 months. Because I'm not sure what my max monthly growth rate is but I'll join this challenge.

I think the main thing that has held me back with my hair is my diet and exercise.

I honestly don't think you can reach your hair's full growth potential on external care alone. Taking care of the internal is a must if you want max growth.

Do what I'm doing is:
eating more protein
drinking more water
eating at least 4 servings of fruits and veggies a day
massaging my scalp every night with my essential oil mix
taking a multi vitamin, flaxseed oil, and iron tablet daily

Haven't done any exercising yet but I plan to because I know that can help as well.

Also:

moisturizing daily
Dc weekly
low heat
and relaxing every 10 to 12 weeks ( I do worry about stretching though because as my growth rate increases that will make it hard to stretch).

And after doing all of that don't stress just sit back and wait:yep:

That sounds great! I really think exercise will REALLY help out my growth rate.

C

cieramichele

I am also gonna use some growth aids..... I havent figured out which ones yet though.

I dunno if I'm going for 12 inches though (that would be a miracle for me). I am just gonna stay consistent with my regimen and handle my hair with TLC while in braids and I will gladly take any growth I get:yep:

Same here. I really think this challenge will surprise us. I saw a lot of women in those threads getting an inch...more of a little less.

chebaby

i will join as well.
i will:
eat more fruit
drink more water
exercise
continue to moisturize twice daily
deep condition often (im on the twice a week challenge)

and MAYBE start protective styling everyday.(this will be a hard one for me)

MiWay

I'll try it out. If I can retain 6 inches in 12 months, I'll be ecstatic!

I'm going to eat more protein, drink more water, workout consistently, protect my ends and keep them moisturized, eat more fruits and veggies, and be consistent with my daily vitamins.

Last edited:
C

cieramichele

i will join as well.
i will:
eat more fruit
drink more water
exercise
continue to moisturize twice daily
deep condition often (im on the twice a week challenge)

and MAYBE start protective styling everyday.(this will be a hard one for me)

Retention!

JustKiya

Oooooooooooooooooooooh.

This one - this would be a challenge. I'm already exercising, I'm already eating more protein - I need to get back on point with my water and my MT - I think I'm in!

MrsWatson

i'm going to stay braided for a year as well...My wedding is June 20, 09 and I would LOVE to walk down the aisle with my OWN hair flowing down my back!!...i'll join this challenge...hopefully we will all be successful...I don't have a starting pic (i'm already braided up)

C

cieramichele

Oooooooooooooooooooooh.

This one - this would be a challenge. I'm already exercising, I'm already eating more protein - I need to get back on point with my water and my MT - I think I'm in!

You think? you ARE in!

C

cieramichele

i'm going to stay braided for a year as well...My wedding is June 20, 09 and I would LOVE to walk down the aisle with my OWN hair flowing down my back!!...i'll join this challenge...hopefully we will all be successful...I don't have a starting pic (i'm already braided up)

When will you be taking them out for new ones?

Luscious850

wow thats alot of growth for one year, ill be rooting you ladies on!! Good luck, cant wait to see the results.

zora

I'm doing this for the month of June. I'll wait to see how it works first before I join for the whole year.

My regime will be bunning for 70% of the month. (I have a few events to go to where I'd like my hair straight)

1.I'm taking vitamins (pretty much every amino acid in the book plus pre-natal pills)

2. I'm supposed to be drinking a 1/2 gallon of water everyday:rolleyes:

3. I'm doing cardio 4x a week

4. And I'm patiently waiting for my Ovation.

If this doesn't do it, I give up. Even if it does work, I can't imagine doing this for 12 months straight. I just want 3 more inches to make me APL and I'll be a happy camper.

myeducation1st

Im In! Im going to step up on my growth aids and use them consistently. I am also going to take my multi and hair vit daily along with 64 oz of water daily! Hopefully by this time next year Ill be content with my hair and its length:grin:

Sui Topi

I'm not trying to call you out because I'm in the same boat (lol im in love with both these challenges) but girl...how we gon do this and the no ruler challenge at the same time? Only start measuring in september for this one?

C

cieramichele

I'm not trying to call you out because I'm in the same boat (lol im in love with both these challenges) but girl...how we gon do this and the no ruler challenge at the same time? Only start measuring in september for this one?

Oh shoot. I did join that didnt I?
I'll just have to wait. It'll be a surprise :)

AtlantaJJ

I'm in!! I'll join...

It's time to leave the office so I'll come back to post more of my care routine.

My biggest method to make this even possible is that I'm wearing protective styling for the entire year. I don't know if I can make 12 in 12 but it's sure worth a try, if I come up short an inch or so then I'm still a head of the game.

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
LOL might as well go BIG! I'm in too. I think this is the push I need to change my eating habits. I'm already committed to wearing braids in some form of fashion until the end of the year. If I have to extend that for an additional 6mos I will, as long as it keeps me out of my hair.

1. Vits daily
2. Moisture 2x daily
3. Wash 2x a wk
4. Dc 1x a wk
5. 64oz water daily
What I need to do is kick up my fish intake to 3x a wk. and eat more fruits and veggies, and exercise 4x per wk. I'm in cornrows for another 2wks will take them out then and take pic, I need one for the APL challenge too. Don't know if I will make 12inches. But I will be more then happy with 8.

Sui Topi

Oh shoot. I did join that didnt I?
I'll just have to wait. It'll be a surprise :)

lol all these challenges you got in your siggy..I think I'm going to be scared of you in one year...your hair will be so healthy it might start breathing and all kinds of ish. I'm down with you on this one too though. We'll feel each others pain as we go through ruler withdrawl while everyone in this thread is talking about their one inch a month