12 inches in 12 months!

danigurl18

I want to join.. 12 inches would be great... I want to 1. exercise 3x a week, DC 2x a week, moisturize daily, take my multivitamin, flaxseed oil, grape seed extract, l-lysine, and b complex ,co wash daily, eat healthy, and shampoo 2 x a week.

Last edited:

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I don't know if its possible, but even if we dont make 12 inches, anything at 6inches or more would be an achievement for everyone. :look:

morehairplease

Count me in ladies! I am doing this and the extreme simple, or something like that, and dc challenge. I just received my DeLouise growth elixir in the mail Saturday and will start using it today after I finish deep conditioning. I have yet to get my vitamin regimen together but exercise 6-7 days a week but MUST increase my water intake(I am so not a water drinker :nono:).

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
Ok this a great opportunity for me to pick up some slack and stay on track for the sake of my hair. I just did an all over trim. I would like to get 5 inches by New Years Eve. This is a reachable goal for me.

Changes:
-Take hair vitamins everyday (Biotin, MSM, B- 100, Nioxin Vits)
- Exercise at least 3-4 days a week
- magnetic rollersets when wash/condition hair
- bantu knots at night or loose wrap
- Constant moisturizing when dry and clarification for buildup
- Back to minimal heat use!!!!!:wallbash:

lp318lp

LADIES!! Count a sister in!! :yep:

I just started the co-washing today with Tresemme Natural. I also use an MN mix that only contains Hot 6 Oil and MN. I do Callanetics three times a week, and am trying to up my water intake. I also massage my scalp twice a day, and have to do better with my vitamins.

I wash, with shampoo, twice a week; and will be DCing at least two times a week. (Any DC tips?!)

I know that protein will help, so... Does anyone have a protein-packed menu that they swear by?

Thanks!
me~:rolleyes:

DivaD04

I was wondering where this thread went. well, i didn't aquire my first inch....hopefully i'll get one next month, we'll see!:look:

C

cieramichele

Thanks for bumping! I thought about this thread before I went to sleep last night too. How bizarre.

ThatJerseyGirl

12 inches in 12 months? Count me in!! I just recently had my hair cut (no more shoulder length!!!:nono:). I now have my Mega Tek and have made my appointment to have my hair done in senegalese twist for the next year anyway. :ohwell: So now, I have to start all over. As someone else mentioned, consistency is key, so I will be using my MT every single day without hesitation during this grow out time:yep:.

I will post pics soon!!

JustKiya

I'm doing my MT every night - I don't think I got an inch last month, but then, I've only been MT'ing consistently again for two weeks.
This month, I'm DEFINITELY going for an inch - it's high summer, too!?? Oh, hecky yeah.

Choklatekiss79

I'm late, but I'll join in:

Exercise- running 4-5 times per week
Protective styling about 75% of the time
Get plenty of protein, rest and water
Vitamins (flax, omega 3-6-9, spirulina, msm, multi, b-complex, and kelp)
Apply herbal scalp oil mix and moisturize daily

Good luck everyone !:grin:

Oh my hair is natural and about 5-5.5 inches long (it varies in different places).

MzOptimistic

I want in. I want 12 inches in 12 months and know I gotz me some MT so :rolleyes: anyways. I'm in:grin:

Exercise- 4x week
Protective Styling-24/7
Growth Aid-MT/BT
Healthier Eating
More Water Intake
Daily Vitamins- Biotin 5 mg, B50, Nioxin, and Multi-Vitamin. That's all the vits for now.

explosiva9

Hey hey! I'm glad we got this thread back up to the first few pages. Yeah, I'm mega'saggin and MT'ing every night. I'm going to up my vitamins and work out. Yes

bermudabeauty

I'm in but I'm realistic I'll amend this challenge to 6inches in 12months. I am taking vitamins and trying to co-wash once a week, air dry, and no heat. Lets see what happens.

pattycake0701

I'm pretty sure I didn't get my inch...but I had NO breakage this month meaning I'm retaining:yay:. This has been my biggest hurdle.

Nelli04

Hey I want to join, I was trying to do something similar to this on my own but its more motivating to do it with others!
so if i grow @ least 1 in per month til june that'll be 11 inches, I probably will only retain about 7inches of that (due to trims n whatnot).
I usually grow about 1-1.5 cm a month, but I just started taking MSM and I am using a deep conditioner for the first time lol.
So hopefully this works!

LadyEuphoria007

I haven't measured yet but I will at the begining of Aug.

Great job to the ladies that saw growth. Even if it wasn't an inch there was still growth and that's what counts.

:spinning:

Afrolinda

I started this challenge in june 2008, I only have 6 more months. I already had 3 more inches in 6 months. So I hope to get a bit more for the next 6 months. I knew I never would of have 12 inches in 12 months but I was hoping for 6 to 8 inches and it looks like I am going to achieve it. YEAH