14g Gelatine = Thicker Stands

seraphim712

That's so true.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_tea

I drink these all the time but I make them give me light sugar. They also call it Tapioca tea or Boba.

Girl I just got hooked on this stuff! My college really caters to the Asians here because there's a pretty good population of them :rolleyes: But the good thing about it is I get to try a lot of Asian food :lick:

I tried this before for the first time back in January. They taste really good, although it was really hard to decide what kind of flavor to choose, there were so many LOL. The little bubbles taste like licorice candy, I assumed that they were blueberries at first. I want to try strawberry next time. :grin:

Libra08

I tried this before for the first time back in January. They taste really good, although it was really hard to decide what kind of flavor to choose, there were so many LOL. The little bubbles taste like licorice candy, I assumed that they were blueberries at first. I want to try strawberry next time. :grin:

The strawberry is good! I had a strawberry and black tea one with jelly, but my favorite so far is honeydew melon with jelly :lick: PLEASE do not try the coconut :barf:

seraphim712

The strawberry is good! I had a strawberry and black tea one with jelly, but my favorite so far is honeydew melon with jelly :lick: PLEASE do not try the coconut :barf:

LOL,

I had a feeling the coconut wouldn't taste good. The flavor I tried was passion fruit; I didn't like it that much it was too grainy(if that makes any sense). The honeydew sounds really good. I'll add that on my 'to try' list along with the black tea.

Libra08

LOL,

I had a feeling the coconut wouldn't taste good. The flavor I tried was passion fruit; I didn't like it that much it was too grainy(if that makes any sense). The honeydew sounds really good. I'll add that on my 'to try' list along with the black tea.

LOL This sounds so sad, but I tried Passion fruit for the first time Saturday too, and I totally understand what you're saying. I really need to stop it, but I have a few more flavors that I haven't tried yet :rolleyes:

Auburn

Just an observation: Could this be why Asian people have the thickest strands out of everyone? Aside from their intake of fish, seaweed, rice and herbal teas, they do eat sweets and pastries that contain gelatin like products I believe.

They always have jello at the buffet. :look:

luckiestdestiny

Girl I just got hooked on this stuff! My college really caters to the Asians here because there's a pretty good population of them :rolleyes: But the good thing about it is I get to try a lot of Asian food :lick:
I'm a foodie. I love trying different foods (different ethnic groups and of course good southern stuff too!). Oh and I'm an addict when it comes to the bubble tea.

luckiestdestiny

Me too! I eat too much...so which flavors do you recommend? :grin:
Well you've already pointed out my two faves: The strawberry, and I love the black milk tea w/ tapioca (very simple but always satisfying). The almond milk one was also really good. I also like this one with lychee in it, though I can't think of the name. When they see me they ask if I want lychee or boba, and if I say lychee they just get started because they know the one I like. If I say boba they ask if I wank milk or strawberry. I'm kinda predictable with them now that I know what I like. Tried them all in the beginning but these are my favs. the lychee drink also has gelatin except it surrounds fruit. It's pretty darn awesome and the one I get tastes kinda like lemonade with apple lychee in it. I only get it when I want something really sweet.

Maxitonia

Ladies walmart sells gelatin capsules 10 grain for $2.95 a bottle the brand is Spring Valley, it has 100 caps. 1 capsule per serving daily. I just bought it today.

manegoal

I eat alot of jello and noticed my nails started growing like crazy. I make jello once a week for the family.

MonaRae

Oh man! I can't eat gelatin or any beef/pork products! :mad: Doesn't anyone know of an alternative? :pray:

Essensual

Eat Jello!! But what is gelatin anyway? Well apparently gelatin is collagen that is taken from connective tissues, bones, organs and intestines of cows and horses. Now do you really want to eat 4 cups of jello/fruit flavored animal scrap everyday? Think about it!!

It sounds really horrible when you read it, but then....
...we'll eat Gummi Candy without a second thought.(And I'm a vegetarian.):rolleyes:
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gummy_bear

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

You know I ate Gummi's in Germany all the time and my hair was mid back like now, but w/o effort. And my mom was constantly cutting it. This is making me think. I only stopped eating them because they don't have the good ones in the U.S like over there. I may just eat some jello if I can find an organic one in whole foods ...just maybe. I don't want any more pills.

tnorenberg

I have to come back to read the post.

About 20 years ago I took gelatin to make my nails grow and it made them grow long and strong as well as my eyelashes and hair.

I remember my mom taking these back in the 70s. Gelatin Capsules. She always had nice thick hair. Hmmm..........Didn't realize people were still doing this.

remnant

I used gelatin before instead of aphogee protein treatment and had the same result!

I'm sorry I didn't understand that it was gelatin capsules..my bad...:ohwell:
I had read in an issue of Instyle magazine that gelatin is also good as protein treatment so it can be use like aphogee for damaged hair; I use unflavored powder gelatin with a little bit of water to make a thick paste and put it on my hair and blow dried it until it get hard, then I rinse it and poo it (that the difference with aphogeee) and DC, and I get the same result as Aphogee for damaged hair :yep:

Aggie

Okay I'm subscribing to this thread because this is an easy enough food to ingest and also I love jello and has some home in my cupboard right now as a matter of fact:grin:.

ETA: I haven't been using the jello but now it seems like I have a really good reason to start eating on a regular basis. Also, I'll be checking into the pill form as well.

morehairplease

I had read in an issue of Instyle magazine that gelatin is also good as protein treatment so it can be use like aphogee for damaged hair; I use unflavored powder gelatin with a little bit of water to make a thick paste and put it on my hair and blow dried it until it get hard, then I rinse it and poo it (that the difference with aphogeee) and DC, and I get the same result as Aphogee for damaged hair :yep:

this sounds awesome....thanks for sharing. I once read somewhere, it may have been on here, about doing something similar to this but never got around to trying it out.

The Sweetest B

Hello Ladies,

Has Anybody taken Gelatine before?

The Sweetest B, posted a link in
another thread about hair
(Thanks Sweetest B :yep:)

In this article I read that Gelatin
makes the hair strand thicker,
to be exact; 45 percent thicker strands :grin:

I tried doing a search using the LHCF search engine
to gain more information and could find nothing :look:

Take a look for yourself (Go to topic Protein):
http://www.stophairlossnow.co.uk/Vitamins.htm

If you've used this, did you
see any difference in your stands?

Let's try this out!

Lord what I done started now. I saw that in the article but just read right over it. I will definitely have to take a look. My main problem with my hair is that it is soooo thin.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!

Where are you getting the gelatin powder from?