• Forum Upgraded: https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/recent-forum-upgrade.849851/

15 Weeks Post Touch-Up Update

divinefavor

Well-Known Member
Good Morning,

My wonderful friend gave me another touch-up at 15 weeks post relaxer last night. She used ORS No Lye Relaxer. She did a wonderful job!!! Even though my new growth was a tangled mess. She had such a hard time untangling to but the relaxer on the roots, but she got through it. She told me though, that she will never do my hair again if I continue to let my new growth tangle like that. My hair had seriously started to matt. I'm not sure if it's due to me stretching for so long or what. I do admit though that after a certain amount of weeks I am afraid to comb my new growth. I am open to suggestions of how to combat this problem.

My friend is so funny, she kept saying "Girl, do you see how long your hair has gotten!" She was so amazed, but after that she did say that she was going to have to trim it because the ends were a little raggedy. She also went on to say that she's never seen my hair this healthy and to continue doing what I've been doing aside from allowing my new growth to become a tangled mess. :lol:

So, she trimmed about an inch or so, with that said I did not achieve the length that I was aiming for (APL). But it does look like I achieved health and a little thickness. I'd rather have healthy hair any day over length.

I am slowly inching towards Armpit Length and am hoping that I can make it there by December. For the next 3-4 months, I'm going to continue focus on keeping a moisture/protein balance, eathing healthy, and getting my edges to grow in.

I am also going to strive to be more consistent with taking my multivitamins and other supplements. I am awaiting my puritan pride order of Biotin and B50Complex. I also purchased B-5 from Whole Foods. I will also be more consistent with drinking at least 2-4 ounces of freshly juiced carrots, celery and a little bit of apple. I will continue to take a tablespoon of Flaxseed/Borage/Fish Oil (been doing this consistently for almost two weeks now).

Enough rambling, here are some pics. You may not be able to see a clear picture.

ETA: That I also used Boundless Tresses during this stretch. From the beginning of March until like the second week in May. I wasn't always consistent but I used about 2-3 times a week. I will continue to incorporate BT in my regimen.

Touch-up 6-8-07


Touch-up Front 6-8-07, My Friend pulled my hair away from my face this time instead of doing my usual side part


Here's a side by side view of my touch-up from February and the one from last night. The first one is 2-23-07 and the second one was yesterday

 
Last edited:

WhipEffectz1

Well-Known Member
Awwww Divine, your hair looks wonderful. You're progressing very nicely. I would say you're at APL by now!!! Wow, wouldn't BSL be a great Christmas present??!!!!
 

divinefavor

Well-Known Member
Thank you so much Whipz!!! Hon, yes BSL would be a wonderful Christamas present!

Lanelle, thank you so much!
 

guesswho

New Member
Your hair is thick straight to the end, no stragly ends good for you, nice growth you'll be armpit in know time:)
 

Ummalhadiqah

New Member
Wow! Your hair is really beautiful, its looks so healthy and thick, yeah, it looks like you are at armpit length to me too. Keep up the good work. Did she detangle your newgrowth before applying the relaxer or during? Also how long did you leave the relaxer on?
 

divinefavor

Well-Known Member
Thank you so much!!! My face light up when I hear the words thick and my hair in the same sentence. This has never been the case in my whole entire life. I am so glad that my hair is gaining some thickness now.

My friend was detangling as she went along. She was paranoid because I have fine hair and usually takes no time for it to straighten and was afraid that the relaxer would be on too long. So, the matting didn't help any with the timing. But, it still wasn't longer than 20 minutes. She worked it out! I felt so bad that she had to go through all of that trouble.
 

Mom23

Well-Known Member
Great Job Divine!! It looks really healthy. :)

OT: I read in the question thread that you are from Milwaukee. I am too. :lol:
 

divinefavor

Well-Known Member
Mom23 said:
Great Job Divine!! It looks really healthy. :)

OT: I read in the question thread that you are from Milwaukee. I am too. :lol:


Thank you so much!!!

Girl,what?!?!??! Another person from Mil-town!!! We'll have to PM each other our names. I wonder if I know you or your family.

What high school did you go to?
 

LocksOfLuV

New Member
WOW girl!! Your hair is GROWING! :notworthy: You are doing a good job! :)


As far as the newgrowth goes, what I do is starting from week one, I comb it REAAAL good in the shower with my shower comb, and once I get out, I follow up with a smaller toothed comb, in very small sections to get ALL the tangles out. Because those tangles build up to matts.

Believe it or not, my newgrowth (which is waaay coarser than yours lol) is not that hard to comb once it is softened and I have used a good conditioner. I do this EVERY week to make sure all of the shedded hair is out, and now I have been doing it VERRRRY slow, to avoid pulling my hair out. Good luck mama, and keep up the good work.
 

Nanyanika

Well-Known Member
girl, your hair lokks soo beautiful, your friend did an excellent job, i can see the length and its very healthy too
 

divinefavor

Well-Known Member
Thank you so much Locks! That means a lot coming from you!!!

Thank you for the new growth tips!!! I am definitely going to put that into practice.
 

jayjaycurlz

Well-Known Member
Wow, what a difference a few months can make! I applaud you for stretching for 15 months! I'm trying to complete a 10 week stretch (baby steps - lol) and I hope to be able to go longer soon. I can see the difference in your hair. It looks thicker and longer. Contratulations on your growth!

jayjay
 

divinefavor

Well-Known Member
jayjaycurlz said:
Wow, what a difference a few months can make! I applaud you for stretching for 15 months! I'm trying to complete a 10 week stretch (baby steps - lol) and I hope to be able to go longer soon. I can see the difference in your hair. It looks thicker and longer. Contratulations on your growth!

jayjay

:eek: 15 months girl I stretched for 15 weeks! :lol:

Thanks so much jayjay for the compliments!
 

divinefavor

Well-Known Member
Ambitious, alexstin, nativequeen, and fiasca thank you so much for your compliments.

Alexstin, my two sons really liked my hair. They say, "Mom your hair is getting so long now." Gotta love that!:lol:
 

MzOptimistic

Well-Known Member
divinefavor said:
Good Morning,

My wonderful friend gave me another touch-up at 15 weeks post relaxer last night. She used ORS No Lye Relaxer. She did a wonderful job!!! Even though my new growth was a tangled mess. She had such a hard time untangling to but the relaxer on the roots, but she got through it. She told me though, that she will never do my hair again if I continue to let my new growth tangle like that. My hair had seriously started to matt. I'm not sure if it's due to me stretching for so long or what. I do admit though that after a certain amount of weeks I am afraid to comb my new growth. I am open to suggestions of how to combat this problem.

My friend is so funny, she kept saying "Girl, do you see how long your hair has gotten!" She was so amazed, but after that she did say that she was going to have to trim it because the ends were a little raggedy. She also went on to say that she's never seen my hair this healthy and to continue doing what I've been doing aside from allowing my new growth to become a tangled mess. :lol:

So, she trimmed about an inch or so, with that said I did not achieve the length that I was aiming for (APL). But it does look like I achieved health and a little thickness. I'd rather have healthy hair any day over length.

I am slowly inching towards Armpit Length and am hoping that I can make it there by December. For the next 3-4 months, I'm going to continue focus on keeping a moisture/protein balance, eathing healthy, and getting my edges to grow in.

I am also going to strive to be more consistent with taking my multivitamins and other supplements. I am awaiting my puritan pride order of Biotin and B50Complex. I also purchased B-5 from Whole Foods. I will also be more consistent with drinking at least 2-4 ounces of freshly juiced carrots, celery and a little bit of apple. I will continue to take a tablespoon of Flaxseed/Borage/Fish Oil (been doing this consistently for almost two weeks now).

Enough rambling, here are some pics. You may not be able to see a clear picture.

Touch-up 6-8-07


Touch-up Front 6-8-07, My Friend pulled my hair away from my face this time instead of doing my usual side part


Here's a side by side view of my touch-up from February and the one from last night. The first one is 2-23-07 and the second one was yesterday



Girrrlllllllllllll, your hair is getting long;) As for combing your ng, I never comb my ng. I just cowash every other day and moisturize my scalp with BT. I know for a fact that if you cowash your hair more during those tangled times and use a BIG wide tooth comb EVERYTIME, you'll be alright! Your hair is filling in nicely too!
 
Last edited:

divinefavor

Well-Known Member
tsmith said:
Girrrlllllllllllll, your hair is getting long;) As for combing your ng, I never comb my ng. I just cowash everyother day and moisturize my scalp. I know for a fact that if you cowash your hair more during those tangled time and use a BIG wide tooth comb, you'll be alright! Your hair is filling in nicely too!


Thank you so much tsmith! And, thank you for the tips as well!
 

Mom23

Well-Known Member
divinefavor said:
Thank you so much!!!

Girl,what?!?!??! Another person from Mil-town!!! We'll have to PM each other our names. I wonder if I know you or your family.

What high school did you go to?

I went to Milwaukee Tech. Graduated in 89. :)
 
Top