• Forum Upgraded: https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/recent-forum-upgrade.849851/

15 Weeks Post Touch-Up Update

RubyWoo

Well-Known Member
OMG Divine!!! You hair has grown and thickened up sooo much and it looks absoulutely beautiful:love:(I remember your starting pics ;)). It looks sooo healthy! Congrats on the amazing progress and thank you so much for sharing!!:)
 

RubyWoo

Well-Known Member
You're very welcome:)! Do you attribute the thickness to boundless tresses, your regimen or both?
 

divinefavor

Well-Known Member
Nixx said:
You're very welcome:)! Do you attribute the thickness to boundless tresses, your regimen or both?

If I were to look at the touch up picture from February, I would have to say the Boundless Tresses may have contributed to the thickness since I started using it consistently a couple of weeks after that touch up.

ETA: I also think my regimen contributed as well. It's so hard to say just one thing. Although with this stretch I blowdried and curled a few more times than I should have. :eek:

However, I wholeheartedly believe a combination of a lot of things contributed to the healthiness. Namely Aveda DR.
 
Last edited:

soonergirl

Well-Known Member
Divine your hair iz DIVINE! I love it.. I also love reading your posts about aveda dr! Gotta love aveda.. You keep it up, today you have inspired me to try and stretch longer than 10 weeks.. Girl how did you do it?? Thanks for the inspiration, your pics look great!!
 

BrooklynSouth

New Member
You both did a great job..you with the protection and growth, the thickness is showing...she with the touchup and an honest amount of length trim. Keep up the great work!
 

divinefavor

Well-Known Member
K Stokes said:
Divine your hair iz DIVINE! I love it.. I also love reading your posts about aveda dr! Gotta love aveda.. You keep it up, today you have inspired me to try and stretch longer than 10 weeks.. Girl how did you do it?? Thanks for the inspiration, your pics look great!!

Thank you so much K Stokes! I'm glad that I can provide some inspiration. :) Girl, it gets tough toward the end. But, I do a lot of rollersets (pics in Albm) and one particular updo (picture in my album). I've recently bought two wigs. So since around the end of March beginning of April, I've been wearing the wig once or twice a week to work. I've never worn them to church yet, I haven't worked up the nerve to do so. :lol: Last, but certainly not least is my beloved Aveda DR.

Due to my very thin edges, I really don't wear my phony scrunchie ponytail holder (pics in album) anymore.

Let me know if you want me to PM you my regimen. I have it typed up somewhere in PMs from when I've sent them to people. Keep in mind that it changes sometime as well.
 

divinefavor

Well-Known Member
BrooklynSouth said:
You both did a great job..you with the protection and growth, the thickness is showing...she with the touchup and an honest amount of length trim. Keep up the great work!


Thank you so much BrooklynSouth!!!
 

SkinnyMocah

New Member
A twice monthly wash, deep condition, and blowout keeps my new growth at bay. Normally I can't comb through new growth but it's going ok and I am thinking of stretching another 4 weeks.
 

RubyWoo

Well-Known Member
divinefavor said:
If I were to look at the touch up picture from February, I would have to say the Boundless Tresses may have contributed to the thickness since I started using it consistently a couple of weeks after that touch up.

ETA: I also think my regimen contributed as well. It's so hard to say just one thing. Although with this stretch I blowdried and curled a few more times than I should have. :eek:

However, I wholeheartedly believe a combination of a lot of things contributed to the healthiness. Namely Aveda DR.

Oh man, there goes that A word again...lol (Aveda). I've got to try some Aveda products. I check out the website sometimes and I love that they use natural ingredients. I just wish that they weren't so pricey. Eventually I'll get to it when I've used up all that I have because I'm soooooo tempted to buy some. Particularly the Brilliant Universal Styling creme and some DR products.

Anyhow, Keep up the great work because you've come a long way ;).
 

Lady Esquire

New Member
CONGRATS on your progress!!:clapping::clapping::clapping:
Doesn't it feel great to have a healthier head of hair?!!! Good for you mami.

I experienced the matting and tangling when I stretched. I have learned that frequent co-washing helps when your new growth increases. Also part your hair in smaller sections, and stand in shower under water pressure and patiently detangle each section to rid the tangles. Do not neglect to comb thru it, 'cause it only gets worse. I have experienced this and it set me back in inches. More pre-poo conditioning softens it. Coconut milk, EVOO, honey, certain oils, all sorts of conditioners ---when you mix your concoctions and sit it on the new growth as a pre-poo, it helps soften it and easier to combat.

Congrats again and HTH.;)
 

divinefavor

Well-Known Member
LadyEsquire said:
CONGRATS on your progress!!:clapping::clapping::clapping:
Doesn't it feel great to have a healthier head of hair?!!! Good for you mami.

I experienced the matting and tangling when I stretched. I have learned that frequent co-washing helps when your new growth increases. Also part your hair in smaller sections, and stand in shower under water pressure and patiently detangle each section to rid the tangles. Do not neglect to comb thru it, 'cause it only gets worse. I have experienced this and it set me back in inches. More pre-poo conditioning softens it. Coconut milk, EVOO, honey, certain oils, all sorts of conditioners ---when you mix your concoctions and sit it on the new growth as a pre-poo, it helps soften it and easier to combat.

Congrats again and HTH.;)


Thanks Hon! Yes, it feels so wonderful to have a healthier head of hair!!!

Thanks for the tips girl!!! I hardly ever do a pre-poo, I'll have to incorporate that as well. This last stretch I did a conditioner wash once a week (usually Tuesday evenings) in the month of March. But, for some reason (probably laziness :lol: ) I stopped . I'll have to make sure to continue doing those especially weeks 8-15 of my strectch.
 

song_of_serenity

Well-Known Member
Your progress is amazing and very inspiring to me as well! I can't wait to see you go even further:D The thickness of the ends vs. before is what's striking to me. HHG!!
~*Janelle~*
 

divinefavor

Well-Known Member
song_of_serenity said:
Your progress is amazing and very inspiring to me as well! I can't wait to see you go even further:D The thickness of the ends vs. before is what's striking to me. HHG!!
~*Janelle~*

Thank you so much!!! I'm so humbled that my progress could be inspiring to some.
 

e$h

New Member
Dang Divine, that is some excellent progress gyal!!!! Look at how your ends are much thicker than in February. I know you over there feeling good right now, huh? I know I would.
Keep it up. You'll be at APL in no time with some nice ends to match:)
 

divinefavor

Well-Known Member
e$h said:
Dang Divine, that is some excellent progress gyal!!!! Look at how your ends are much thicker than in February. I know you over there feeling good right now, huh? I know I would.
Keep it up. You'll be at APL in no time with some nice ends to match:)


Thanks girl!!! I am feeling mighty good right now. :lol:
 

divinefavor

Well-Known Member
Letitia said:
YW. You gonna make me go put the Aveda DR back in the shower to ease it back into rotation!:lol:


That's right girl, gone and do that right now! I don't know why you took it out of rotation any way!:lol: I know why, pjism!!! I get it too girl, but I always keep Aveda DR in the mix.

What do you have in rotation now?
 

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Well-Known Member
Your hair is thickening up soo nicely and it's growing good. I need to be on your relaxing time because it seems like your 15wks. go by sooo fast.

ETA: looks like your knocking on APL, go girl you'll be definately claiming it real soon.
 
Top