1st Year (13 mos.) Update - [Pic Heavy]

Miamori

WOW :blush:!

Your hair grew so fast. BEAUTIFUL!!

Fast? I felt like it was soooooooooooo slowwwwwwww. Sometimes I thought I was going crazy, but when I looked back for the pics, I saw the difference. I'm so glad I took them.

Which is your favorite oil? If you have one.

Um, I don't think I really have a favorite, though it might be grapeseed oil. I use that as my heat protectant (I don't set my iron above 350, and grapeseed oil is good up to that temp), though I haven't used any form of heat protectant in some time :blush:.

But I also really like coconut to tame my hair during stretches, and I'm a HUGE jojoba fan. I also like castor. Those are the four really worth mentioning for me. I want to try avocado soon.

Your rollerset looks great! I can't wait until my curls hang like that. Do you ever do protective styles, or just roller sets?

I actually did protective styling (buns) after cowashing for a long time when I first joined (before I could really make buns), and before that, I was cowashing and doing braid outs because I was a huge fan of Sylver2's fotki before I joined either forum. I was also moisturizing and sealing daily.

Now, I pin my hair up in a twist with a clip or two (like in my siggy) almost every day unless it is in a braid out, roller set, or blown out. When I put my hair up, I don't worry about where th eends sit in relation to the rest of my hair or anything. So, I do protective style, but would not really say it's a protective styling regimen. I mostly do it because my hair gets in my face and feels hot and bothers my back and stuff now. :lachen:

What I focus on in my reggie is not protective styling, but no combing/low mani. I think that is what did it for me, especially for the thickness.

I definitely don't wear my hair down 24/7 though. Maybe 2-3 out of every 8 to 12 weeks total.

I don't use any moisturizers now besides oils. It's been that way at least since November.

Also, I rarely did any roller sets over the past year. I did them for a while when I first joined because I always had (I was good at it and did them a lot in high school), but as my hair got thicker and longer, it seemed like too much work (and it almost is even now). So, the last one I did was the first since last summer. I plan on doing them more over the next year though.

Awe inspriring growth:yep::yep::yep: You've gotten thickness and length. Congrats on your success, and please, keep taking pics!!!

I've realized how much I like taking pics of my hair, so I doubt I would stop. Thanks again.

tocktick

Your hair is very pretty. You've made great progress so your regimen must be solid. Keep it up! :up:

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
our hair is gorgeous. i tried to browse your fotki, but fotki has been trippin lately with passwords, makin me put in a password everytime i click something. =/

Miamori

our hair is gorgeous. i tried to browse your fotki, but fotki has been trippin lately with passwords, makin me put in a password everytime i click something. =/

Really? I didn't know that. Mayyyyybe I'll unlock it. :scratchch

I haven't had that issue browsing Fotkis lately though; you think maybe you need to clear your cache?

JolieRose24

WOW!! I'm where you were in the first picture, I'm too embarassed to take pictures of it now but I guess I have to if I want to see sme progress!! CONGRATS!!

Miamori

Y'all are just getting carried away now! :blush:

WOW!! I'm where you were in the first picture, I'm too embarassed to take pictures of it now but I guess I have to if I want to see sme progress!! CONGRATS!!

Don't be afraid to take any pics. It will encourage you and give you extra motivation not to throw in the towel (which I know I needed). And if you share them later on, they can help others.