2 Amish brothers who raped 13 year old sister recieve suspended sentences "would be eaten alive in prison

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
Have any of you ladies ever heard of any society in the world, where incest/rape doesn't occur?

Lita

That poor child & her baby..I wonder if the baby have any deformities..This is disgraceful..The judge should have sent them to jail & it would send a message to the rest of them..Did they give her mental/emotional help? So many questions

RUBY

Thinking of how insular that community it, I'm not surprised. They have to be inbred in some level as it is. There is no genetic diversity and I wouldn't be surprised if this abuse and incest wasn't in fact encouraged early on in some way to keep their numbers up. How in the hell are not more of them dying from genetic diseases alone?

The Amish are the typical poster children for white christian privilege.

If black people tried to pull the same stunt by having some reclusive religious community watch it get broken up in 3.2.1 periodt. They would storm the compound and break it up FAST.

Last edited:

naturalgyrl5199

Thinking of how insular that community it, I'm not surprised. They have to be inbred in some level as it is. There is no genetic diversity and I wouldn't be surprised if this abuse and incest wasn't in fact encouraged early on in some way to keep their numbers up. How in the hell are not more of them dying from genetic diseases alone?

The Amish are the typical poster children for white christian privilege.

If black people tried to pull the same stunt by having some reclusive religious community watch it get broken up in 3.2.1 periodt. They would storm the compound and break it up FAST.
Yep---Black people HAVE had these communities and unfortunately they have had problems. There was one Egypt-centered religious one in Georgia at one point. However, these mimic your classic cults and all their problems including the leader(s) raping and molesting minors. Of course, when the FBI gets involved, they break it up.

They don't have religious protections/freedoms because they are novel/new and often don't claim more well-known religious sects or doctrine.

I don't think the Amish community sanctions this in the level that mormon offshoot did---but I think it happens a lot in secret due to them being insular, and its simply hidden because they prefer to be self-governing. They don't see levels to sin. I know they may report a murderer but this kind of stuff isn't accepted as "being okay" but they just punish, shun, ex-communicate...even these acts which outside their community are punishable by law. As far as white privilege they don't even see themselves as "white Americans"....They actually have an intact distinguishable language and refer to white Americans as "The English" as their language has German/Deutsch roots....

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
Right...the headline ignored this. The brothers must have some mental issues as well. All 4 of them raping this girl all at once.

Now...where are the parents? The Amish community might need to be investigated. I bet that prosecutor is Amish or related to/married to someone in that community.
Not necessarily, criminal attorneys often have to defend the indefensible,
it's just the way the system has to be.

I'm sure a lot of them have no conscience/second thoughts relating to the job, from necessity over time.
Or maybe neurologically many are psychopaths (not in an evil or criminal way like Hollywood says, I mean the neurology itself
is naturally that way, like how my neurology is by definition
autistic) and succeed more easily in these fields.

naturalgyrl5199

After my last comment I had to check some things because that post/comment was based on what little I already knew of the Amish.

Interestingly, they DO only marry within their community so defects are common. They have also higher risks of genetic conditions that tend to affect German/White people (Maple Syrup urine disease for example) and have Amish-centered research and treatment available. There is a clinic for kids with special needs. They have longer lifespans overall due to their diet, regular exercise, active lifestyle. They don't do genetic testing and are big proponents for participating in large scale research at major universities (I can verify this as I've seen the studies) to contribute something meaningful to science--Alzheimer's and Parkinson's research for example.
I thought it was interesting.

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
After my last comment I had to check some things because that post/comment was based on what little I already knew of the Amish.

Interestingly, they DO only marry within their community so defects are common. They have also higher risks of genetic conditions that tend to affect German/White people (Maple Syrup urine disease for example) and have Amish-centered research and treatment available. There is a clinic for kids with special needs. They have longer lifespans overall due to their diet, regular exercise, active lifestyle. They don't do genetic testing and are big proponents for participating in large scale research at major universities (I can verify this as I've seen the studies) to contribute something meaningful to science--Alzheimer's and Parkinson's research for example.
I thought it was interesting.
That IS interesting. Genetic testing is free in America, I'm assuming?

If not, that might be why too.

I know from experience that genetic 'defects' (cruel way of putting it imo) aren't necessarily from 'in-breeding' or only marrying within the community. As my kids both have genetic conditions, one of them also severely disabled from an unresearched chromosomal abnormality (they said they have no record of this at all so far, apart from only us 2, me and him, in the world), passed on from me, and we have no limits in our family and ancestry, on marriage.

We have recent ancestry from Arab tribes (currently called 'Saudi Arabia' after the british balfour declaration imposed against the actual Arab wishes- of course-- beginning of the end), Indians,
Sudani. There's no limit there. XH from another Arab tribe (although also from what is currently called Saudi Arabia), India,
Iran. We both have extensive family trees recorded and researched over the generations.
I just wanted to say that because I don't want special needs and genetic diseases to be linked to such abhorrent type of people like these brothers, and given an implication like that.

I love your profile picture btw

Last edited:

naturalgyrl5199

That IS interesting. Genetic testing is free in America, I'm assuming?

If not, that might be why too.

I know from experience that genetic 'defects' (cruel way of putting it imo) aren't necessarily from 'in-breeding' or only marrying within the community. As my kids both have genetic conditions, one of them also severely disabled from an unresearched chromosomal abnormality (they said they have no record of this at all so far, apart from only us 2, me and him, in the world), passed on from me, and we have no limits in our family and ancestry, on marriage.

We have recent ancestry from Arab tribes (currently called 'Saudi Arabia' after the british balfour declaration imposed against the actual Arab wishes- of course-- beginning of the end), Indians,
Sudani. There's no limit there. XH from another Arab tribe (although also from what is currently called Saudi Arabia), India,
Iran. We both have extensive family trees recorded and researched over the generations.
I just wanted to say that because I don't want special needs and genetic diseases to be linked to such abhorrent type of people like these brothers, and given an implication like that.

I love your profile picture btw
Not really free or even readily available. Insurance only wants to pay for it if it will reduce the health risk of an adverse outcome later on, or there is some medical reason and its requested by a doctor. For example, I had my youngest child when I was 37, so by default, being over 35 automatically qualifies me for genetic testing if I choose to opt in. I did, and with that, I knew I was carrying a girl when I was only 11 weeks pregnant. With my first I was 33 and it was not offered....had she had some medical issue caught later during a routine scan of my pregnancy, we would have been offered a test. When my oldest was born at 23 weeks, genetic testing was done as this is routine for micropreemies to see if there are any other possible medical issues to treat. Then some minor routine genetic tests (like sickle cell, legislated by FL law) are done. We learned in the regular scan she had sickle cell trait....but when she got genetic tests a little later, she was negative for anything else. She had some eye abnormalities later on which triggered a genetic test, and she has a gene for an eye abnormality on her dad's side. I suspect its legit bc several on that side have had corneal replacement and her dad has to get one eventually we learned. Right now her eyes are fine. The youngest got a routine genetic test for sickle cell and she has the trait as well. That's a long answer but they aren't routinely given.

Thats likely to prevent abortion requests....if I am to believe the high risk doctor I saw when I was carrying my oldest and I opted out of the genetic test for Downs Syndrome...I was offered a test for both because I was seeing a high risk doctor anyway.

This amish population would be offered it routinely because of known genetic issues in that group. But they don't believe in insurance either.

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
Not really free or even readily available. Insurance only wants to pay for it if it will reduce the health risk of an adverse outcome later on, or there is some medical reason and its requested by a doctor. For example, I had my youngest child when I was 37, so by default, being over 35 automatically qualifies me for genetic testing if I choose to opt in. I did, and with that, I knew I was carrying a girl when I was only 11 weeks pregnant. With my first I was 33 and it was not offered....had she had some medical issue caught later during a routine scan of my pregnancy, we would have been offered a test. When my oldest was born at 23 weeks, genetic testing was done as this is routine for micropreemies to see if there are any other possible medical issues to treat. Then some minor routine genetic tests (like sickle cell, legislated by FL law) are done. We learned in the regular scan she had sickle cell trait....but when she got genetic tests a little later, she was negative for anything else. She had some eye abnormalities later on which triggered a genetic test, and she has a gene for an eye abnormality on her dad's side. I suspect its legit bc several on that side have had corneal replacement and her dad has to get one eventually we learned. Right now her eyes are fine. The youngest got a routine genetic test for sickle cell and she has the trait as well. That's a long answer but they aren't routinely given.

Thats likely to prevent abortion requests....if I am to believe the high risk doctor I saw when I was carrying my oldest and I opted out of the genetic test for Downs Syndrome...I was offered a test for both because I was seeing a high risk doctor anyway.

This amish population would be offered it routinely because of known genetic issues in that group. But they don't believe in insurance either.
Would they be able to afford insurance? I'm ignorant on the topic but I presume it is cost-prohibitive for them?

snoop

Would they be able to afford insurance? I'm ignorant on the topic but I presume it is cost-prohibitive for them?

I watched a documentary on them a while back and it said that they are one of the wealthiest groups in America. I was shocked. I am not sure if this includes all orders or just the Old Order Amish.

I was trying to find something a bit more substantial because I don't remember the name of the documentary, but I did come across this article.

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
I watched a documentary on them a while back and it said that they are one of the wealthiest groups in America. I was shocked. I am not sure if this includes all orders or just the Old Order Amish.

I was trying to find something a bit more substantial because I don't remember the name of the documentary, but I did come across this article.

I see!