2 Inches In 4 Months Challenge - 2016 (session 3 - Sept Through Dec)

trclemons

• Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ spritz
  • DC'd under heat for an hour with Soultanical's Afrotastic
  • Used CC's Natural Scalp Scrub, CW'd with KJ Naturals Cocoa Clay Raspberry, Reconstructed with Garnier, 80% rinse out of ACV & Tresemme Moisture Rich
  • L = Aphogee Curlific; O = Mielle Organics Mint Almond on scalp & Keravada Raspberry Vanilla on length; G = FUBU Curl Defining

Last edited:

WeirdoBeauty

1. Starting pic (required for official challengers)
2. Current Length : Grazing APL
3. Regimen :pre-poo with pre-poo mixture + dentagler hair in sections
Co-wash 2x week
DC 1x week
hot oil/oil rinse 1x week
Protein treatments and poo as needed
4. What will you do to achieve your goal
taking all of supplements/vitamins,working out and PS

Attachments

• IMG_2805.JPG
    IMG_2805.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2963.JPG
    IMG_2963.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 14

Daina

Looking forward to my length check next week. I've done some unofficial pulls without being fully straight and my hair is definitely at BSL length with my middle pieces hanging below BSL. It appears I've gotten at least 2 inches since March. I will post pics before I trim as based on my Koamaza consultation I need to trim about 1/4 to 1/2 inch.

faithVA

Looking forward to my length check next week. I've done some unofficial pulls without being fully straight and my hair is definitely at BSL length with my middle pieces hanging below BSL. It appears I've gotten at least 2 inches since March. I will post pics before I trim as based on my Koamaza consultation I need to trim about 1/4 to 1/2 inch.
Post pictures :yep:

trclemons

While on vacation Friday/Saturday, I CW'd with KJ's Natural Raspberry Cocoa & HQ Lime, 80% rinse out of ACV & hotel conditioner. LCOS'd with L = Bee Mine Juicy/Cozy Moment Vanilla Waffle Cone; C = Curly Kinks Satin Roots; O = Keravada Raspberry Vanilla on length & Mielle Organics Mint Almond on scalp & S = S-curl.

Last night & today:
  • Pre-poo'd overnight with Ojon Reverse Damage on length, Coconut Oil on ends & AVJ spritz.
  • DC'd under heat cap for a little over an hour with ST Afrotastic.
  • Shampoo'd with TJ's Tea Tree Tingle, CW'd with HQ Lime, Reconstructed with Garnier & 80% rinse out of ACV & TGIN Replenishing.
  • LCOSB'd with L = Aphogee Curlific; C = FUBU Curl Elongator; O = Keravada Raspberry Vanilla on length & Mielle Organics Mint Almond on scalp; S = S-curl; B = Siamese Twists Peach Pracaxi ButterCreme on ends.

trclemons

• Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ spritz & Siamese Twists Pracaxi Peach ButterCreme on ends.
  • DC'd with a mix of Vatika Garlic, HH Yucca & Mango Thickening Growth Lotion & Kapri Tone ayurvedic powder under a heat cap for a little over an hour.
  • Scrubbed scalp with CC's Natural, CW'd with HQ Lime, Reconstructed with Garnier, rinsed out 80% ACV & TGIN Replenishing Conditioner.
  • SLCOB'd with S = Original Moxie Oasis Moisture Gel Serum; L = Aphogee Curlific; C = Kurlee Belle Thirsty Kurls; O = Mielle Organics on scalp & Keravada Raspberry Vanilla on length; B = Siamese Twists Pracaxi Peach ButterCreme on ends.

Aggie

This morning I prepooed with an avj/pracaxi/pumpkin seed oil combo for 20 minutes ,then Moroccan Natural Oil Weightless Shampoo followed by 15 minutes of Keracare Super Reconstructor and 10 minutes if Keracare 5 in 1 Reconstructor.

My leave in will be Redken Antyis Snap Leave in. I have a combination of butters that I will be using to seal my hair with later.

WeirdoBeauty

I just finished detangling with my pre-poo condish mix. Im wayyyy to tried from work to finish my hair tonite. I'll try to finish tomorrow after work,if not when ill wash next week then.

Aggie

I cowashed my hair this morning with Aussie Moist Conditioner before heading out to church.

After church I moisturized my hair with Oyin Hair Dew sealed with a combination of ceramide butters, massaged some hairdrenalin potion on my scalp and inverted for 5 minutes. Now my hair is nice and super soft.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm still slowly inching along. I've been wearing my own hair and getting to know what it likes/dislikes. I admit that it isn't easy and I'm tempted to buy another wig... but wearing wigs isn't teaching me anything about my hair. I have a wash day and detangling regimen that works. I just need to work on styling. This week I wore a different bun everyday! I'm proud of myself for not giving up.

trclemons

• Pre-poo'd my twists for a little over 30 minutes with Avon Frizz Control under heat & CW'd it out.
  • Rinsed out 80% of TGIN Replenishing Conditioner.
  • LCO'd with L = Cream & Coco 1000 Flowers & Aphogee Curlific; C = Cozy Moments Banana Coconut; O = Mielle Organics Mint Almond on scalp & Keravada Raspberry Vanilla on length.

LdyKamz

I realize I joined this challenge but completely forgot about it. I'll have to start checking in more especially since I'll be massaging more to use up my oils. That might help me gain inches.

Daina

Hey Ladies! Went to the salon last week, my BFF is the owner. I finally colored my grays and used SM coloring system in Jet Black. I also used Olaplex with the color to minimize any damage. Based on my Komaza hair analysis my hair is about 14 inches long. I was anxious to see if that would play out when flat ironed. Based on my length check shirt around 13 is BSL and after blow drying my hair I was slightly below 13 at the top of the 14 line. I was sitting just below my bra strap! So I think I can claim BSL and prayerfully by year end I will be MBL. From my last check in March that was about 1.5 inches in growth!

The Komaza analysis also revealed I have about 2-3 inches on the ends that need to come off. My BFF trimmed 1 inch and the plan is to trim 1/4 inch every 12 weeks over the next year to trim the rest.

So far my straight hair is maintaining but honestly I miss my waves and curls. I was trying to stretch my straight hair 2 weeks but I may wash this week to get my curls back.

If I wash I will be doing a protein treatment and moisturizing deep conditioner. The analysis also showed I need to up both moisture and protein (internally and externally). My next length check won't be until closer to the end of year as I am committed to only flatironing my hair 3 times this year.

trclemons

• Pre-poo'd overnight with Jakeala's Coconut Hair Milk & EVCO.
  • DC'd under heat cap for an hour with Kanechom Chocolate.
  • Shampoo'd with TJ Tea Tree Tingle, CW'd with HQ Lime, Reconstructed with K. Moore Growth & Repair, Rinsed out 80% ACV & TGIN Replenishing.
  • LCS'd with L = Coco Cream 1000 Flowers; C = Cozy Moments Banana Coconut; S = Design Essentials Mousse.

trclemons

• Prepoo'd over an hour with Avon Frizz Control & CW'd it out.
  • Rinsed out 80% SM Black African Balancing Conditioner.
  • LCOS'd with L = Cream & Coco 1000 Flowers & Ion Reparative Solutions; C = Cozy Moments Banana Coconut; O = Mielle Organics Mint Almond on scalp; S = Lustrasilk Curl Activator.

GGsKin

Clay washed my hair and did a henna treatment on Sunday. I used cayenne pepper in my mix to get a good tingle on. DCd overnight with AOWC + coconut oil on my roots and ends.

Aggie

Today I exfoliated my scalp with Nioxin Scalp Renew

Shampooed with Redken Time Rest Shampoo (this shampoo has exfoliating properties in it) I felt a really good tingle on my scalp with these first two products.

I used semi permanent color in black for gray hair for the first time. I will see how well this works.

I will be oil rinsing with a coconut oil/aloe vera juice combo.

Deep conditioning with Hea Moisture Anti Breakage Strengthening Masque followed with Kerastase Chroma Riche Masque for moisture.

Leave in - Aunt Jackie's Quench

Moisturizing with CRN Aloe Whipped Butter gel and sealing with some natural butter/oil combo.

trclemons

• Prepoo'd overnight with AVJ spritz.
  • DC'd under a heat cap for an hour with Honey's Handmade Bentonite & Sea Clay Conditioning Mask.
  • Used CC's Natural Sugar Scalp Scrub, CW'd with Honey's Handmade Pumpkin & Safflower Apple Butter, Reconstructed with K. Moore Growth & Repair, 80% R/O of ACV & SM Black Soap Balancing Conditioner
  • LCOB'd with L = Ion Reparative Solutions; C = Cozy Moments Banana Coconut; O = Embrace The Natural You Trinity Glaze on length; B = Hairitage Hydration Horsetail on scalp & Kyra's Shea Hydrate & Refresh on ends.