2 Inches In 4 Months Challenge 2017 -final Session - Sept To Dec.

faithVA

This challenge works for anyone wanting more length whether you have a TWA or already WL.

All 3 sessions will be in this one thread
January - April (Post ending picture by May 3rd)
May - August (Post ending picture by September 5th)
September - December (Post ending picture by December 31st)

Complete the following

1. Starting pic
2. Current Length
3. Regimen
4. What will you do to achieve your goal
5. Anything else you would like to share.

At the end of each session post your initial picture from your joining session and your current picture.

***Anyone is welcome to join at anytime ***

faithVA

1. Starting pic
2. Current Length: Between NL and SL
3. Regimen: Wash every week or every other week. Shampoo once a month. Doing a mix of mud and cleansing condtioners on other weeks.
4. What will you do to achieve your goal: Improve my diet, take my vitamins, exercise and drink my water. May add in some collagen.

LengthCheckPony1.jpg LengthCheckFront3.jpg LengthCheckBack1.jpg

Attachments

• LengthCheckFront3.jpg
    LengthCheckFront3.jpg
    755.4 KB · Views: 86
  • LengthCheckBack1.jpg
    LengthCheckBack1.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

NCHairDiva

WAIST LENGTH 2019
Im in! Im currently in faux locs and will not thank them out until January, I will post pics then! I am excited though!!!
Hopefully I can make it to WL this year!!! Currently BSL...

Last edited:

AmeeraMadz

1. Starting pic I will take a new one and update this post
2. Current Length Waist length
3. Regimen Wash 1-2xweekly and deep condition with SM 10N1 and moisturize with Giovanni's tea tree conditioner and castor oil. Twist and bun.
4. What will you do to achieve your goal Protective style, possibly mini braids, daily moisturizing, Liquid gold sulphur oil, exercise, and scalp massages.
5. Anything else you would like to share. I'm excited!!

long.hair.dont.care

1. Starting pic
LHDC dec 2016 (bsb:bsl).jpg
2. Current Length: sides are bsb and middle is bsl (hair grows in a v)
3. Regimen
Daily: Water and oil my hair, seal hair, scalp messages - internal: take biotin, drink water
Weekly: Prepoo, finger detangle, wash, protein treat and deep condition
Monthly: Inversion
Yearly: 2/3 trims

4. What will you do to achieve your goal
Long term protective styling (1-3 months) with crochet braids/wigs
Cant wait to see where we'll be by the end of april :)

Last edited:

faithVA

I wish I could join but I'm still cutting away damaged ends gradually. I should be done cutting by May. I'll cheer all of you from the side lines and join for session 2.
You can still join. I dusted my hair in every session before the reveal date. I never had any ideas whether I grew or retained 2 inches. Even my last post I stated in had no idea. I posted anyway. All I know is I could tell the difference between the first session and the last. It was good to see the progress.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
IMG_1960.JPG Here are my beginning and ending pics from the last session which will also serve as the beginning pic (right) for this session. The one on the left is from August and the one on the right is yesterday. I didn't pull all the way to the tip in August, no clue why but I did get a trim shortly thereafter. Even with that, I think I retained about an inch.
My new regi...
Chi Enviro Smoothing 1-2 times per year
Conditioning: each cleanse, pre shampoo. Detangle and twist with conditioner.
Cleanse: 2 times per week following conditioner in twists scalp only.
Style: twistouts or WNG. Straightening only with Chi processing unless I lose my mind for some special occasion.
Products: PM Awaipui Smooth shampoo and conditioner
PM Super Skinny
Nairobi Wrap and Shine
NG Herbal Blends
Olaplex #3
(Whatever else I have in my stash until I use it up--mixed with one of my primaries)

Last edited:

Evolving78

1. Starting pic
2. Current Length SL
3. Regimen wash 2x-3x weekly
DC once a week. airdry/blow dry cool tension method
Prepoo, Shampoo, dc heat style, or roller set.

4. What will you do to achieve your goal I will wear my hair up to prevent snagging. I will shampoo weekly to remove build up with a sulfate shampoo, and follow with a Moisturizing shampoo.
5. Anything else you would like to share. I will be using Keracare, Design Essentials, tresemme expert (moisture)
I will be using WGHO 1-2 times a week.

Attachments

• IMG_7611.JPG
    IMG_7611.JPG
    808.6 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Starting pic below
2. Current length: bsl
3. Regimen: shampoo and dc weekly (Kerastase). Unravel, detangle and reinstall celies after weekly dc.
Moisturize ends daily with Herbal Essences bombshell babe leave in
Spray Xcel21 twice a day
4. I will achieve my goal by inverting once a month, massaging my scalp daily and keeping my ends protected.
5. My trim schedule interferes with this challenge, so I may put it off or at least do an update afterwards.20161223_160839.jpg
Longest layer is at line 11

faithVA

I have one of those length-check shirts. I can't wait until my hair reaches one of the marks so I can stop imagining my progress. I think APL will do it but I've got to get a couple of inches to get there.
I'm the same. I have a shirt. I took my December pictures in it but my hair isn't anywhere close to a line. I'm going to take all my length pictures in it though. Hopefully one day hair will touch something :lol:

Daina

Complete the following

1. Starting pic: Below
2. Current Length: Between MBL and WL
3. Regimen: Cleanse weekly or bi-weekly; DC with every cleanse with heat or steam; use Xcel 21 spray and cream; M&S every other day; mainly wear buns, french braids and do braidouts and twistouts.
4. What will you do to achieve your goal: Continue current regimen and also trim 2 additional times this year to help remove heat damaged ends.
5. Anything else you would like to share. Drinking green smoothies daily, taking several supplements and drink a gallon of water daily.

Attachments

• 20161231_064418.jpg
    569.3 KB · Views: 19

long.hair.dont.care

I did an oil rinse + shampooed and conditionned two nights ago.
Yesterday, I did a black henna treatment on my ends, I was tired of seeing that old dye job.
Shampooed and Conditionned that out with warm water...
My hair is now in celie braids, coated in grapeseed oil and I've been spraying NW21 in the parts since the January 1.

I will be inverting this week.

Last edited:

faithVA

Retention seems fine. It's hard to tell how much it is growing.

I have improved my diet, increased my water, stuck my exercise and taken my vitamins consistently. I'm hoping all of these together push me to some great growth. I'm still struggling to do scalp massages but I am using my oil blend.

I bought some collagen and I will start taking that next month to see if it helps.

I need to Woosah. We have a long way to go until April.

Evolving78

I have been keeping it very simple with my Reggie lately. I haven't been using heat lately. I just co wash and shampoo my hair once a week. I only comb my (detangling) on wash day. I hope I can keep this up. I plan on wearing my hair down in April, and on my relaxer touch up days. I don't know how my growth is going, due to the shrinkage.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I discovered about a week or so ago that I can do flat twists for a twistout and it takes a lot less time than my usual two-strands and the definition is amazing. This was my go to when I was growing my relaxed hair. I just gotta figure out this sleeping thing so one side of my head doesn't look crazy after day 2. Still a work in progress.

1. Starting pic
2. Current Length: TWA
3. Regimen: Protective styles for 4 months at a time & moisturize
4. What will you do to achieve your goal: START drinking water, consistently take vitamins as I never eat right

Attachments

• 20161121_071625.jpg
    20161121_071625.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 70

faithVA

I knew I was neglecting some thread. I've been trying to take some of the focus off of my hair so I haven't been as attentive to my threads.

As I washed today I was trying to figure out how I'm going to know if I make 2 inches. I still don't know :lol: :ohwell:

I'm trying to do the right things. I'm eating more salads and green vegetables. I'm drinking my water. I'm taking my vitamins daily. I just started liquid collagen on Tuesday. I'm off and on with my exercise but I'm getting back on it this weekend. I'm keeping my hair tucked away and taking it down when necessary to moisturize it. My ends are way better than they were this time last year. All of that has to count for something and pay off some kind of way. :pray:

The way January flew by, the remaining 80+ days will fly by before we know it.