2 INCHES IN 4 MONTHS (end of the year) CHALLENGE

faithVA

@faithVA I also think this kind of thread is more realistic than the 1inch per month.
and I'm okay for doing a 2 inches in 4 months in three parts in 2012.

I agree it is more realistic for me. I know I'm not going to do jack to get my hair to grow an inch per month :lol: I don't need that type of pressure.

And I do like the shorter challenges. So if you do it for 2012 I'm in. I did a lot of trimming this year so unfortunately I won't be able to gauge how I did in this challenge. But next year I think I will be able to really tell my growth and retention rates. It will be a first.

ScorpioBeauty09

Checking in!! I've been getting good progress! At the beginning of this challenge I had a setback that cost me 4 inches and now I've either grown all of it back or am really close!!:grin: I need to put on my length shirt to be sure. I'm still doing my reveal in December but I think it's safe to say I have my 2 inches for this challenge!

youwillrise

im doing okay...right now my hair is in twists and this set has been in for 25 days. im considering taking these out next week, but trying to push it to.the week after. i will do braids next. we are getting close to the end of the challenge....hopefully i get my 2 inches.

g.lo

i suck at challenge, sorry!:perplexed!
can't wait to se all the reveal pics!:lick:

Last edited:

BreeNique

time to check in, i suppose!
here's a photo of my flat-ironed hair, in late june, then late september, and now/ today:

JUNE 2011

SEPTEMBER 8th or so, so the beginning of the 4-month challenge!

Today/ at the 2.5 month mark:

Last edited:

Tonto

After seeing iamtan @iamtan progress (link) I was like : I HAVE DO IT !!:blush: ..
and then I was like : I WILL DO IT !!!!!!!:yep: IM telling you b***** !!!!!! :lol:
this, may be a great improvementfor me if I reach this at the end of the year ! so here it is

Challenge: 2 INCHES IN 4 MONTHS !!!​

Challenge Starts: September 1, 2011
Challenge Ends: December 31, 2011​

Goal : REACH IT !!
Template to join :
Must Include a starting pic because we will reveal at 4-month mark !
What's your regimen?
What Products are you using?
What will you especially do for achieving this goal?

Objectives:
Support each other for reaching this all together ! :)
Share tips, links, thoughts, any informations you have !
Check in with the group at least monthly.
and let's ACHIEVING THIS Yeah babe !!!!!

:yay:Who wants to be in!:yay:
I am in!

BreeNique

I'm hoping for a "miracle inch" between now and New Year's...it'd be much appreciated...
to make this happen:

-try to keep SSK's at bay with weekly oil treatments (olive oil, essential oils, shea butter, etc...)
-protective style like it's my job! my flat-ironed/ blow out hair right now will be the last time such heat touches my head until December before my birthday/ christmas! lets go!

nisemac

just checking in. still doing cornrows and wearing wigs as my protective style. i tried twists under the wig, but it doesn't work well, as most of the wigs are a bit loose and i need to pin--they stay better with the cornrows.

i've noticed the following:

--hair seems even more dense

--fewer ssks

--softer and well moisturized

--definitely looks longer--even with shrinkage

this challenged really helped me to develop my routine and has been good at helping me get past the 'awkward' phase. normally, i would've shaved my head by now.

i've learned that my hair likes heavy protein once a month and benefits from heavy moisture and sealing. when i'm consistent, my ends feel like butter. i also have minimal shedding/breakage.

thanks to the OP....its been a very beneficial challenge.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I am going to do my challenge reveal on Saturday. Im 16 weeks post and my hair is screaming for a relaxer. :(

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

pre_medicalrulz

I was thinking the same thing. Glad you posted it first :lol:

I am ready for all of the challenges to be over and get to the ones for 2012. Maybe I feel this way because I don't think its not possible to meet the challenge goal by the end of the year and I just want a fresh start.

AMEN!

pre_medicalrulz

I'm in a hurry to be at the end of this challenge:lol:

If you start this challenge for January, I'm in! I plan on doing this until April anyway. that will be my one yr mark in PS'ing 100% of the time from my starting pic in my siggie. :) :)

Katherina

I joined this challenge but due to damage I will have to cut about 2" before I straighten in a couple of weeks :(

Sooo hopefully I will at least be back to where I was in September!

PlainJane

Yay this is my first challenge!

What's your regimen?
-I am currently in a sew in. moisturize as needed (usually 3-4 times a week). shampoo weave once a week. sealing with coconut oil. spray tracks with hot six oil mist when lazy.

What Products are you using?
-hot six oil braid mist, coconut oil, diluted conditioner.

What will you especially do for achieving this goal?
-in order to retain the most length, i will be removing my own sew in. my last take down resulted in a snipped cornrow :noon: never again.

Ignore the V shape! my goal is to be a full and thick APL!

okay, here is my update.
I had an awful setback :nono: my hair thinned out even more but i did gain a little length and i did learn from it.

the picture from my original post is from august 5th and this one is from the middle of november. because i am back in a sew in, i wont be able to reveal at the end of december.

EDIT: the picture on the left in the blue top is the AFTER shot. My setback wasn't thatttttttt bad lol

Last edited:

greenandchic

Update: I don't think I retained much length over the past couple of months. I think it was a protein/moisture imbalance. :(

PlainJane

I'm not sure how to mention you ^^
the blue top is the after and the bra pic is from August.

And for my setback, the only thing I did differently this time was I kept my sew-in in longer and after I took it down, I tried to wash my hair with a cheap clarifying shampoo. My hair matted up immediately and it took hours to detangle and my hair came out in clumps.

newnyer

PlainJane OH! Thanks for clearing that up lol! So sorry about your setback... but you've still had some GREAT progress. Oh and thanks for the tip about clarifying. I am planning to get back into a weave after Christmas for a couple of months & want to be able to have some great progress.

P.S. to mention all you have to do is type the "@" symbol and then the person's name. No space in between "@" and the name.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using myTouch_4G_Slide

pre_medicalrulz

Here is my 4 month update: I keep on the same bra to help keep a lil accuracy.

1st pic is from August.

2nd pic is December.

Attachments

• 082011130425.jpg
    082011130425.jpg
    409.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 120311164258.jpg
    120311164258.jpg
    426.9 KB · Views: 68

pre_medicalrulz

Thank you!!!!!!!!! prettybyrd

I agree with you about the second shot. My hair was 80% wet in that shot so it looks kinda swollen which is probably why it looks thicker. :spinning:

youwillrise

Welllp...we are almost to the end. I feel like every part except for my stupid crown progressed. Stupid stupid stupid doo doo head of a crown.

prettybyrd

I just realized that I started this challenge on 8/19 - and I doubt that I will be straightening my hair again before 12/19.

I apologize for the curls in this pic. I used it because you can see how much closer my hair is to the words on my shirt (i.e. proof of my awesome growth!). I also had my hair trimmed today, I forgot to take pics before it was cut. I didn't expect to see this much progress after a trim so I'm impressed!

This was a a great challenge Krystle~Hime, and the FIRST CHALLENGE I EVER COMPLETED!!!(eta - with results I'm happy with):creatures

Last edited: