2 INCHES IN 4 MONTHS (end of the year) CHALLENGE

missjones

I have no idea if I'll have 2 inches by the end of the year. I should have flat ironed and then did my starting pics. :ohwell: I can tell that the front of my hair is longer.

tiffjust2002

I had a setback :( my ends were horrid so I had to cut about inch to inch and a half off. I hope I meet the goal of 2 inches in 4 months. We shall see.

ScorpioBeauty09

Update: I got my hair flat ironed a couple days ago and I'm almost to where I was at the beginning of my setback.:grin::grin: I'm busy with finals so no pics yet but I'm pretty certain I've retained at least 3 inches in this challenge. I'm getting my hair done again right before Christmas so I'll post a progress pic and compare it to my starting pic. So excited!!

BreeNique

wHELP, I hope I've made my 2-inch mark...I feel that I probably have an inch and a half of growth, so I'm focusing on low manipulation (i LIVE in twist-outs!) for the remainder of the year to ensure success.

youwillrise

Little mini update. Just measured a section...its reading a smidge over 10 inches...when we started that section was 8.5 or 8.75ish (somewhere around there)...I didn't make exactly 2 inches (though we have 2 weeks left lol), but I'm happy with what I retained! I will still post pictures on the 31st

jerseygurl

Not a new member
I'm in. I'll be using braids to get there. I'm about to install nubian twists and I plan to wash every two weeks and use my sulfur oil the week leading up to my wash.
Didn't do braids all the time, realized that I like variety and no sulfur either too lazy for that. But I've crochet braids right now and will probably be taking them out next week.

I had to trim my hair cos I had a lot of split ends so I don't actually know my length right now. So will do a reveal when I straighten next week.

HauteHippie

I have no idea if I got 2 inches. I slacked off on the sulfur again. I did start using Mane and Tail conditioner in conjunction with Silk Dreams. Also did a henna gloss. My hair feels stronger and I think I've retained what I had been losing. Late 2010 and early 2011 were rough times for me, which equaled a rough, nutrient deficient time for my body and hair. Now that that's taken care of, I've gotten my moisture-protein issue (that I hadn't even been aware of at the time... So naive) under control.

This was a good challenge; it's helped to prepare me for next year. Onward to 2012!

jerseygurl

Not a new member
Looking forward to the reveals. I took out my crochet braids today and I am DCing my hair right now. I will be hennaing in a few days so got to make sure my hair is on point.

youwillrise

I hope people will be able to tell the difference in length...I used the wron kinda shirt for my starting picture (no indicative marks)...I shoulda used another

Dee Raven

Well ladies,

Here are my results from the challenge. I'm pretty happy with my growth I guess. Can't wait to see everyone else. The first photo is from Aug 1, the second is from today.

Attachments

• After Aug check.jpg
    After Aug check.jpg
    402.5 KB · Views: 92
  • Dec 2012.jpg
    Dec 2012.jpg
    491.9 KB · Views: 86

youwillrise

What the fluff, dee raven?! Uggggggh. Great progress. I think I'm gonna take my braids out today and do pictures...I can't post them until the 27th or after, though because my fam just moved and they can't get our internet on until the 27th ((eye roll))...I'm using the internet from my phone right now.

youwillrise

I just wanted to post this pic (ill also post one wearing the shirt I wore in my starting picture another time)

I hope this works and isn't too big. First time posting pics from my phone.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using SCH-I405

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1324576674749.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1324576674749.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 46

fivetimestwo

I'll be riding this challenge out until the last possible minute :lachen:I have a hair appointment scheduled for 12/30 so barring any salon mishaps I'll be updating then :yep: I think I did get at least 2 inches thanks to the sulfur fairy :lol:

gvin89

Didn't quite make it to 2 inches, but was able to drill down a regimen that truly works for me so I feel good about that. Can't wait to see what next year holds....

BrownOcean

I measured my new growth with a regular sized paper clip and its longer than It. I'm so excited. A paper clip is a little less then two inches. So Im pretty sure I got my 2 inches. I will be taking my hair down on Christmas Day. Pics should be up by Monday afternoon.

coyacoy

i think i joined this challenge in sept......i have progress pics for sept, nov and this month. the one's from sept aren't the best, so i inlcuded one from the last week in august instead. i don't think i retained a full two inches, but pretty close - especially in the top half of my hair as compared to the lower half, which is awesome, a i've been trying hard to retain length there. happy new year! :grin:

Attachments

• IMG_1355.jpg
    IMG_1355.jpg
    446.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1356.jpg
    IMG_1356.jpg
    562.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1622.jpg
    IMG_1622.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1643.jpg
    IMG_1643.jpg
    452.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1638 (2).jpg
    IMG_1638 (2).jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

coyacoy

coyacoy i'm sure i've tagged you in the reveal pics thread !! !
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=589489
thanks, Krystle~Hime - i've not been able to see those, as something is wrong with the notifications tab (at least from my end of access).....it will indicate that i have new mentions or tags; and then when i click on the either one of those hyperlinks, the only mentions and tags shown are old ones - not new. thx for providing the link as well!

Lexsmarie

**UPDATE***

Alrighty..... I had great intentions and was so excited to accomplish this goal. However, due to a bad allergic reaction to a medication, I had to cut off 2-3 inches. :sad: Not to worry, I am confident my hair will grow beyond BSL in 2012! :yep:

Below is before and after pics:

August 28, 2011
SANY0197.jpg

December 29, 2011
IMAG0017.jpg

trendsetta25

Starting pic after my trim in October

Taken December 28th

luvovcandy

I grew almost 3 inches in the 4 months.

Jan 2011-jan 2012 comparison.JPG

IMG_1010.jpg