2 INCHES IN 4 MONTHS (end of the year) CHALLENGE

lilyofthenile

In in IN!!

Posting pic on the 1st.

What's your regimen? Protective style in genie locs/yarn braids. Then moisturising and washing once every two weeks with shampoo and with conditioner.
What Products are you using? Shea Moisture, Kimmaytube leave in, water spritz, Kinky Curly products, Root2Tip
What will you especially do for achieving this goal? Scalp massages with JBCO, drinking enough water, supplements and protective styling.

jeweltone

First post, first challenge! Yeah baby, I'm in! :)

What's your regimen?
New to my HHJ (about 2 months in), so still figuring this out, but so far, I plan to:
  • Co-wash 3-5x per week (everytime I go to hot yoga)
  • Shampoo 1x per week
  • Alternate protein and moisture conditioners as needed
  • DC or pre-poo every shampoo day
  • Growth aid on scalp every night (MT with castor oil, lil rosemary, lil lavender)
  • Limit heat to no more than 1x per week (buns or braidouts the rest of the time) - really hard for me because I used to be a daily heat user!
  • Moisturize and seal every night

What Products are you using?
During my short time on this journey, I've quickly become a PJ and bandwagon hopper :blush: So far, I'm using:
  • Shampoo: Aveda DR
  • Conditioner: Aveda DR, AOHSR, AOGPB, plus randoms that I'm trying to make work - Giovanni SAS, TJNS (mixed with hemp oil)
  • Medium Protein: Aphogee 2 min keratin
  • Oils - jojoba and castor (love!), hemp, avocado, coconut, plus essentials (eucalyptus, lavender, and rosemary)
  • Leave-in: Aveda DR daily hair repair, Giovanni direct, Infusium, rosewater/glycerin mix
  • Heat protectants: Chi silk infusion, redken smoothdown
  • Vitamins/supplemnts: GNC Ultranourish, garlic, green food, chlorella

What will you especially do for achieving this goal?
  • Start to pre-poo and/or DC with heat
  • Limit direct heat as much as possible
  • Find staples and stick with them - I know I'm doing too much :)
  • Stretch relaxers as much as I can (kinda tough bc I'm currently neck length, but I'm wrapping up a 12 week stretch next week, and will try to do another one for this challenge) - stretching is actually kinda enjoyable since I've learned to love my new growth :)

I'll post a starting pic when I get my relaxer on 8/31 - coincidental, but just in time for this challenge! If I've retained, I should be very close to SL...fingers crossed :grin:

ETA: starting pic and measurement. kinda hard to see the tape measure, but I'm at about 15.5 inches, starting from hairline

Last edited:

missjones

Is anyone actually taking measurements of their hair or just pictures? I have to remember to take pictures this weekend. I usually don't measure my hair :perplexed

jaded_faerie

Count me in!
starting pic:

What's your regimen?
Wash & DC when hair feels gross(usually every 2 weeks) protective style with wigs. moisturize daily. Take 2 Nioxin vitamins daily.

Finished up all my products...But I think I will go back to using Alterna or Nioxin products.

Buy myself a steamer.

Krystle~Hime

Only a few years people to joining in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 1st I will update the full and final list of challengers(people who put reggie and pics only !) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drunk:

youwillrise

i'm gonna go take a picture.

i'll just take it from the front because i had issues with getting a good "from the back" picture the last time i tried. ha. ok...hold on...

youwillrise

i actually was able to get the picture from the back more easily this time...

please pardon the horribly filthy mirror...i dont feel like re-taking the picture, though haha.

Attachments

• 8272011.jpg
    8272011.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 35

youwillrise

i actually was able to get the picture from the back more easily this time...

please pardon the horribly filthy mirror...i dont feel like re-taking the picture, though haha.

thought it made sense, since this is a 2 inches in 4 months challenge...to measure my hair.

it's between 8 and 9 inches in most areas. mostly in the 8.5 to 8.75 range.

my crown is always an inch or so shorter than the rest of my head. grrr ((rolls eyes) so that's at about 7.5 inches.

so uhhh here's to 10-11 inches by december. (and 9.5 inches in the crown...stupid crown!)

Dee Raven

I want to join.

Goal : 2 more inches closer to TBL.

What's your regimen? My regimen is going to be no heat styling, primarily buns, braids, twist outs occasionally. Wash weekly, and co-wash when necessary. I want to do at least one henna treatment during that period, and DC as necessary.

What Products are you using? I mainly use Nexxus but I have other stuff as well.

What will you especially do for achieving this goal? I will be making sure to take my vitamins and NO HEAT.

Can't wait to see everyone's results.

ScorpioBeauty09

I've already joined this challenge but did not post a starting picture. So I had my sister take one just now. (I need a starting pic since I started taking Hairfinity and wanted to get a pic before I got noticeable results.)

Last edited:

PlainJane

Yay this is my first challenge!

What's your regimen?
-I am currently in a sew in. moisturize as needed (usually 3-4 times a week). shampoo weave once a week. sealing with coconut oil. spray tracks with hot six oil mist when lazy.

-hot six oil braid mist, coconut oil, diluted conditioner.

-in order to retain the most length, i will be removing my own sew in. my last take down resulted in a snipped cornrow :noon: never again.

Ignore the V shape! my goal is to be a full and thick APL!

Attachments

• Photo on 2011-08-05 at 15.33 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2011-08-05 at 15.33 #2.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 19

Sianna

As I am really motivated to get my 2 inches by the end of December, and at least 2.5 by my BC-versary at the end of January, I'z ordered me some sublimed sulfa powder from da innanet! I'z gone mix it wit muh Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal oil and put on muh scalp at night!:yep:

Okay, sorry about the bad country accent. :ohwell: I should really be sleeping right now! :lachen:

But first I'm gonna check out that sulfa thread I saw around here somewhere. I never used it before and need some tips. :grin:

youwillrise

i wonder if i should try sulfur again. i have some. i'm never consistent with it, though.

i gotta look up some threads to refresh myself on use and stuff.

i actually have a bottle made up, but it's probably bad by now haha. do sulfur/oil combos go bad? probably.

Katherina

I might as well join in the fun! This should put me at MBL! :grin: I'll add a pic later.

What's your regimen?

Twists/ TNC/ BNC, weekly washing

Generic moisturizing Paul Mitchell shampoo, HEHH, EVCO, AOWC, Giovanni Direct Leave in

I will start DCing again after each shampoo.

luvovcandy

Im in!! I am a little past shoulder length and I am eagerly awaiting APL.

What's your regimen?
I am currently wearing a weave and plan to keep it in a weave until the end of the year. I will shampoo and condition (treat) every 1-2 weeks. I will moisturize daily with olive oil moisturizer and seal ends of hair left out with castor oil or coconut oil.

Shampoo : Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Creamy Shampoo
Conditioner: Organic Root Stimulator Conditioner, Replenishing, Olive Oil
Deep treatment: Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise Treatment
Moisturizer Sealant : Castor Oil, Coconut Oil, Vasaline

Weave, condition, moisturize
photo_111.JPG

brownsugarbaby

Okay I'm Back!!!

That's me!!! Well the back of me, right at the top of what would be my regular bra strap.

What's your regimen? (for this challenge)
Shampoo Monthly in braids
Co-wash every other day
MN every other alternating day
Moisturize daily, Deep condition every week
Protein Treatment monthly
Protective style everyday - redone monthly (only combing to detangle)

Pre-poo: Coconut Oil (overnight)
Shampoo : Garnier Fructis Fortifying Shampoo Pure Clean (Until it's gone, want to get away from shampoo but I don't like to waste)
Conditioner: Aussie Moist
Deep Conditioner: MyHoneyChild Banana Brulee, Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Moisturizer : Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Cream and My shea butter mix (alternating days)
Protein Treatment: Mayo, Eggs, Honey

Be consistent!! I am pushing for more than 2 inches. This is the first time I will be using MN so I want to stay consistent to accurately determine the progress.
I've been doing very good with the monthly protective style so I want to keep that up.

trendsetta25

i'll give this a try...

Must Include a starting pic

What's your regimen?
My new regimen will be: (Every two weeks)
1. Take off my ¾ wig
2. With the braids still in:
1. Apply Amla Oil to hair for 1 hr with 2 wool hats
2. Rinse and Shampoo with a moisturizing poo
3. Rinse and DC (under heat) with ORS Replenishing Conditioner for 45 mins
4. Rinse and apply my Aussie Moist Conditioner or any moisturizing conditioner
3. Not sure if my hair will matte but, I plan to take my braids out after 8 weeks and put a hard core protein treatment in…preferably Aphoghee’s Two Step Protein Treatment.
4. I’m still going to relax October 1st (my last relaxer was May 7th)
5. Take my Nioxin Intensive Therapy Recharging Complex Vitamins daily
6. Drink at least 4 glasses of water daily.

I will not wear my ¾ wig for a month:
1. 1 week before I relax
2. For 3 weeks after relaxing
During the time the ¾ wig isn’t in my hair I plan on bunning.

ORC Replenishing Conditioner, HH Hello Hydration Shampoo, Amla Oil, JBCO, Coconut Oil, ORS Olive Oil Moisturizer, and my staple EVCO!!! I can't reach my goal without.......my Nioxin Recharging Complex Vitamins

What will you especially do for achieving this goal? Protective Styling with my 3/4 wigs. I made one with Virgin Mongolian Kinky Curly hair (Click her for the video). I'm going to make another one with my old Bobbi Boss Ocean Wave hair.

LET'S DO THIS MANE!!!!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

esi.adokowa

Goal: blunt, full apl
What's your regimen? This is actually going to be the first time I have had my hair out for an extended period of time since I started my healthy hair journey. So this regimen is definitely subject to change.

I will be bunning & cowashing daily.
Moisturize, seal and wrap nightly.
Prepoo/HOT with grapeseed/sunflower oil mix weekly, follow up with apHogee 2 minute if necessary, finish with moisturizing deeep conditioner.
Flat iron for special events no more than once a month.

What Products are you using? sunflower/grapeseed oil mix
CON deep conditioner
L'Oreal shine conditioner
Cantu shea butter leave-in
apHogee 2-minute
motions cpr
motions lavish shampoo

What will you especially do for achieving this goal? Bunning 99% of the time.
Weekly hot oil treatments/prepoos/deep conditioning.
Moisturizing and sealing daily.
Checking in daily!

I will add a starting picture tomorrow after my flat iron/haircut tomorrow morning.

Nat1984

Back to give my details :grin:

What's your regimen?

DC twice a week, co wash 1-2 times a week, clarify once every two weeks no direct heat, moisturizing and sealing daily, protective styling

DC: Alternate between Nexxus Humectress, AO WC (moisture), ORS RP, AO GPB, Nexxus Emergencee (Protein)
Co-wash: Alternate between Aussie Moist, HE LTR, HE HH, Mane n Tail original
Shampoo: Keracare 1st Lather
Leave ins: Alternate between HE LTR, NTM, Lacio Lacio (for rollersets), IC Fantasia moisturizer
Moisturizer: Alternate between Elasta QP Mango Butter, Mizani H20
Oils: JBCO, Hemp Seed, Wheat Germ, Moroccan Oil

Keep up with my DC's, keep taking my biotin supplement, low,low,low manipulation, and keeping my hair off my shoulders as much as possible - I keep reading that SL to APL is the hardest jump to make, so I'm just going to baby my hair (esp my ends) as much as possible :yep:

Starting pic attached (although I must admit this photo is a couple of weeks old)

Attachments

• photo(12).JPG
    photo(12).JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 34

cheerrette

Ok I am back to post my pic. I finally straightened my hair after a month and a half of wet bunning and now it feels weird. I think I am gonna be bunning it back up tonight. Don't like the feeling of my ends rubbing against my collar. :nono:

I want my hair to still touch my shoulders when I hold my head down.

Attachments

• hair 9 11 (1)[1].jpg
    hair 9 11 (1)[1].jpg
    500.9 KB · Views: 28

PaigeJessica

I'm so in!!

What's your regimen?
Shampoo and DC once a week. I DC on dry hair now and it's really helped me retain moisture when I wear my hear in out styles.

Giovanni 50/50 shampoo, HE Hello Hydration conditioner with raw honey and usually olive oil but I used walnut oil yesterday (ran out of olive...), ACV, oyin hair dew, amla and olive heavy cream, and oyin juices and berries as a spritz.

I'm actually going to try more twist outs instead of twists. I realized I didn't really know how to retain moisture when I don't wear twists so I'm working on that. I'm also going to buy more curlformers next month and use those a lot.

Last edited:

sapphire18

Im in! I am a little past CBL. Starting Photo

What's your regimen?
Rinse my hair everyday. Wash when my hair feels dirty. Baggying as often as possible. DC/Protein treatment weekly.

Baking soda, Vinegar, Coconut Milk, Olive Oil, Aloe Vera Gel,

Keep my hair in a bun and maybe taking vitamins.

youwillrise

i decided that i dont want to do sulfur. too lazy. haha

that's why i cant stay on anything like that. i just get sick of doing it.