2 Inches In 4 Months - Session 2 Of 3 - Sept, 2018 To Dec, 2018

LonDone

PS May 2017-???
:hiya:

I've been very neglectful since putting my hair back in braids July 14th - no wash, moisturise, tea spritz, vitamins ... NADA!

This challenge will make me get back and stay on the right track, I'd love to join!

@faithVA if you remember please could you alert me when the next challenge starts so I can post my pics/stats?

PUMPED! :lol:

faithVA

:hiya:

I've been very neglectful since putting my hair back in braids July 14th - no wash, moisturise, tea spritz, vitamins ... NADA!

This challenge will make me get back and stay on the right track, I'd love to join!

@faithVA if you remember please could you alert me when the next challenge starts so I can post my pics/stats?

PUMPED! :lol:
I won't promise but I will try. Near the end of the month though this thread should be more active and be kn the first two pages for a while and easy to find.

faithVA

I didn't blow dry my hair straight enough to get it to lay flat and take pictures. They wouldn't have meant much anyway. At this point I can really only see length when I straightent. So I just took a picture of my bun so far. And it has made progress so I am happy with that.

faithVA

I didn't blow dry my hair straight enough to get it to lay flat and take pictures. They wouldn't have meant much anyway. At this point I can really only see length when I straightent. So I just took a picture of my bun so far. And it has made progress so I am happy with that.

20180826_093958.jpg 20180826_094120.jpg

Cattypus1

All loced up...
upload_2018-9-1_17-21-26.jpegupload_2018-9-1_17-20-41.jpeg
Ok so I’m a little frustrated with my straightening skill...I’m so scared of heat damage that I just gave up trying to get it straight and I won’t try to do it again myself EVER. I can’t tell exactly how much I’ve retained since my last pics because I didn’t straighten before. Positive I have retained though and I’m happy with my results. I need a trim...gray hair is so disrespectful!

Last edited:

faithVA

View attachment 434661View attachment 434659
Ok so I’m a little frustrated with my straightening skill...I’m so scared of heat damage that I just gave up trying to get it straight and I won’t try to do it again myself EVER. I can’t tell exactly how much I’ve retained since my last pics because I didn’t straighten before. Positive I have retained though and I’m happy with my results. I need a trim...gray hair is so disrespectful!

@Cattypus1, Sorry I missed your post.

Sorry your straightening didn't turn out the way you wanted it to. :bighug: I'm glad you feel like you retained which is all that matters.

I 100% agree with you about the gray.

Maybe in the future you can just blow dry it. That may be enough.

faithVA

While putting in my 2 strand twists tonight, I noticed that the hair at and just below my crown is growing nicely. All the hair on the sides is SL when pulled. However, my nape and the hair right above it is really not growing or retaining. That area has always been hard to grow and hard to retain but this seems to be severe. Not matter how kind to that area I am, it doesn't seem happy.

Maybe it is because I sleep on my back but I wear a bonnet :ohwell:

faithVA

For the next 4 week I plan on being consistent with my products and regimen. I will use primarily Mane Choice products. I will do long deep condition sessions and do a deep condition, rinse, deep condition session. I used to do this years ago. I don't know if it worked but going to give it a try. I plan on wearing 2 strand twists a week at a time and just leave my hair alone during the week except to moisturize it.

With the length I have gained this year, my two strand twist are looking better.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
@Cattypus1, Sorry I missed your post.

Sorry your straightening didn't turn out the way you wanted it to. :bighug: I'm glad you feel like you retained which is all that matters.

I 100% agree with you about the gray.

Maybe in the future you can just blow dry it. That may be enough.
Thanks @faithVA I didn’t do what I said I was going to do which is try rollersettingvto straighten. I’m pretty sure that would work, I was just being lazy.

faithVA

Thanks @faithVA I didn’t do what I said I was going to do which is try rollersettingvto straighten. I’m pretty sure that would work, I was just being lazy.

No problem. I feel you. It can be a lot of work for just a length check. I cut mine short as well. I couldn't even be bothered to straighten it so I just threw it in a bun.

faithVA

After wash day yesterday I put my hair in 9 twists. That is definitely progress. My hair was still damp this morning so I tried to do a bun. Ky hair isn't quite there yet to be able to get both the front and back into a bun. So I put a flat twist in the back. I gathered the back in a banana clip and separated the hair into 2 twist and pinned it under.

Making progress.

20180923_111747.jpg

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I’m trying to commit to protective styling for this last session. I finished my mini twists last night. Took me about 6 hours. I’m going to try to keep them in for at least 3-4 weeks at a time. Take down, wash and dc and back in the twists. We’ll see...

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Any more updates? How is everyone doing? Anyone changing anything for the nexxt 3 months?
I have to start all over again because last week I trimmed off my progress! I trimmed a whopping 1 1/2 inches off which is a lot for me. So I will post ANOTHER starting pic tomorrow after I detangle the other side of my head. But my hair feels better. So going forward NO MORE TRIMS until 2019 LORD WILLING.

Btw, 2019 seems like a strange year. It don't sound right when I say it out loud "Two Thousand and Nineteennnnn"

faithVA

I’m trying to commit to protective styling for this last session. I finished my mini twists last night. Took me about 6 hours. I’m going to try to keep them in for at least 3-4 weeks at a time. Take down, wash and dc and back in the twists. We’ll see...
Sounds like a good plan. I just ordered some wigs. Will see how that goes. :lol:

faithVA

I have to start all over again because last week I trimmed off my progress! I trimmed a whopping 1 1/2 inches off which is a lot for me. So I will post ANOTHER starting pic tomorrow after I detangle the other side of my head. But my hair feels better. So going forward NO MORE TRIMS until 2019 LORD WILLING.

Btw, 2019 seems like a strange year. It don't sound right when I say it out loud "Two Thousand and Nineteennnnn"
This is a good time to start again, since we are only 25 days into this phase of the challenge. You still have 90 days to make an impact.