2 Months Post BC, Yay!

SweetSpirit86

I'm late...but I get so excited when I look at how much my hair's grown, and want to share it, lol! I also need to update my signature...as that's not what I've been doing with my hair.

After a ton of reading through old threads trying to figure out why my hair didn't seem to be absorbing any moisture in the first place, much less holding it...I think I've come to the conclusion that my hair has low porosity. :( One of the articles I found said that wasn't a problem. IMO...yes, yes it is, lol.

The only thing I am really seeing work for my hair right now is the Aussie 3-Minute Deeep Conditioner. I use Giovanni's 50/50 clarifying poo once a week to help clear the cones...and surprisingly it hasn't been drying my hair out (yet). I am also keeping up with my multivitamin, and I began taking Biotin (though I'm forgetful and it's been sporadic even with my taking the MV daily) a few weeks ago. I've increased my water intake, and hit some local trails at least 3 times a week. I figured if I'm going to get my hair in shape, I need to get the rest up to par too!:grin:

Anyways, thank you ladies for sharing so much information, and being so patient with those who have too many questions (me). ^-^ The pictures are from all over this past month...but I didn't write down the dates!:wallbash:

Lol, I was trying to see what my hair looked like minus the shrinkage! xD

Completely dry..no product...brown hair looks ashy sometimes :( Not fond of it...

I think I fail at hair shots...

It's bushy...lol

For the attached pics...
1.) My nape at the beginning of the month (I do remember this :/)...the hair there is very fine, so I don't know if it's that or what.
2.)It's filling in...
3.)Yay it's filled in some more! LOL
4.)A pic of the fro in all it's glory.:grin:
5.)Was trying to get a texture shot and failed again.:rolleyes:

If you could move my fingers out of the way when I'm holding the hair, it's about an inch and a half now. :D

Attachments

• DSC01186.jpg
    DSC01186.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC01162.jpg
    DSC01162.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC01174.jpg
    DSC01174.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC01164.jpg
    DSC01164.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC01176.jpg
    DSC01176.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

andromeda

Congrats on your BC! Your hair actually reminds me of my mom's - dense, thick and gorgeous! Continued success on your hair journey!

dynamic1

Congrats on your big chop and progress.

Regarding the porosity, the hennaed portion of my hair has low porosity as well. Using a moisturizing deep conditioner with heat helps because it was a problem for me too!

SweetSpirit86

Congrats on your big chop and progress.

Regarding the porosity, the hennaed portion of my hair has low porosity as well. Using a moisturizing deep conditioner with heat helps because it was a problem for me too!

Thanks! I've definitely been trying to keep the heat going when I do d/c's now. How long do you typically leave yours on? I kind of baggy when I do it so it gets heat, but the moisture doesn't get out if that makes sense. I want to try henna when it gets longer, but I'm still having issues digging up EXACTLY what it is used for. From what I've read...it still sounds like dye.

Drying dye. :lachen:Either way, I probably will ((attempt to)) stay away from henna until I can type my hair. I think the top is 3c and the sides or 4a...or it's all 4a and the top is just a larger coil? I dunno...they're like pen size at the top. I'm so confused...:spinning: