2 Week Club: The low manipulation challenge... anybody?

missnurselady

I think I'm going to try this, I just got a relaxer and my hair is so fine/thin whatever its a shame. Maybe this will help me retain my length and thicken my hair some.

sareca

I use the Denman D3 during every co-wash which is like every other day :ohwell:

Maybe i should just finger comb during the co-washes then that would be really low manipulation ??

Sorry. You said that. I just missed it for some reason...

I use my denman once every 1-2 weeks. Trying adding another day between uses and see what happens. :yep: I think any amount you can reduce manipulation will help.

anon123

I am so confused. What do you mean by "low manipulation"? I see people here washing, braiding for braidouts, rearranging the styles every day. Do you just mean "no combing"?

ResultsMayVary

Sorry. You said that. I just missed it for some reason...

I use my denman once every 1-2 weeks. Trying adding another day between uses and see what happens. :yep: I think any amount you can reduce manipulation will help.

WoW every 1 - 2 weeks!! That is amazing I really want to try that now ...

I think I'll slowly try wean myself off the Denman by using it twice a week and see how that goes...

Thank you soooo much!!!

sareca

I am so confused. What do you mean by "low manipulation"? I see people here washing, braiding for braidouts, rearranging the styles every day. Do you just mean "no combing"?

I'm saying my hair benefitted when I stopped being one of those people.
I mean no combing, no brushing, no braiding, unbraiding, rollersetting etc.
Cowashing is fine.I started this challenge over a year ago.
I just picked it up again to show that my hair didn't matt up into a ball and fall out. :lachen:

Anywho, here are the details.

Last edited:

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Wow! I remember this challenge. One of the best things I ever did for my hair:yep:! Low manipulation is one of my staples for sure!

sareca

Wow! I remember this challenge. One of the best things I ever did for my hair:yep:! Low manipulation is one of my staples for sure!

Hey HoneyA! :hug2: We started this path at the same time. I wondered if you were still lo-mani.

madamone

Hey Sareca! I am picking this back up for the New Year. This plus the oil rinses was the best thing ever for my hair. I went so long I got lost on how many weeks I did. I recently suffered the worst hair set back ever. Now I have major breakage and all of my progress is gone. I'm back on cowashing, low or no manipulation and oil rinses.

My method, Cowash, leave in condition, seal with olive oil, tie down with a silk scarf. I'm using multiple fashion scarves to create a scarf bun over the silk one. I'm going to see how long I can go. My goal is until at least March.

Anybody else up for the challenge?

grnidmonster

Count me in, this was one of the best things I ever did. My hair grew and loved the oil rinse. I was just thinking about this this morning as I was doing an oil rinse. I am in-today is day one-I started this morning and didnt even realize I was in a challenge:drunk:

SVT

Hey Sareca! I am picking this back up for the New Year. This plus the oil rinses was the best thing ever for my hair. I went so long I got lost on how many weeks I did. I recently suffered the worst hair set back ever. Now I have major breakage and all of my progress is gone. I'm back on cowashing, low or no manipulation and oil rinses.

My method, Cowash, leave in condition, seal with olive oil, tie down with a silk scarf. I'm using multiple fashion scarves to create a scarf bun over the silk one. I'm going to see how long I can go. My goal is until at least March.

Anybody else up for the challenge?

This sounds great. :yep:

How about a new thread for 2009?

Aggie

I just bought 5 wigs to help me with my low manipulation efforts. I played around with a few I already have in my stash - customizing them to suit my face and so far, I am happy with all, except 1. I may have to cut it some more to get it just right.

Aggie

Washed and detangled today after a month of braided hair under wigs. Today I will moisturize it real good and wear it up in a bun for 2 weeks then braided up under wigs for another minimum of 2 weeks and assess after that what I need to do.