• We will be performing necessary maintenance on the forum and related hardware from Satuday 25th of September onward. Users might experience some downtime, which we will ensure that it is limited - if at all noticeable.

20-21 Coffee Tea Acv Ayur Onion Rice Chebe Challenge

snoop

Cleanse: Kaolin clay + goat's milk powder + lavendar EO

Mask: Triphala + honey

ETA: I tried pre-pooing with fresh AVG for the first time and surprisingly, it left my hair soft. I've always avoided AV because the products that I used with it in it (back when I started my journey) made my hair hard. I also tried triphala for the first time at first my hair had the slightly rough feeling that I get when I do an ayurvedic mask, but as I kept rinsing it out, my hair felt like nothing. Weightless. Wow! Hours later when I went to moisturize my hair still had that soft fluffy feeling. I can't wait to see what my hair feels like tomorrow after my hair dries.

Last edited:

snoop

Today's mask is: Amla, hibiscus, bhringraj, brahmi, fenugreek, and aloe vera gel. This time I applied it to dry hair.

It's currently on my hair, so we'll see how it goes.

I decided to start a 1 year commitment to weekly masks instead of (just) oils and we'll see this time next year how my hair is doing.

snoop

I tried my first tea rinse using powders (and cut herbs), today:

Bath tea (which I decided to use on my hair instead)*, triphala, ashwagandha, SSA, glycerin.

*Bath tea: Chamomile, Lavender, Spearmint, Rose, Rosemary and Juniper.

snoop

Cleanse: Kaolin clay, triphala, fenugreek, SSA, honey powder, AVG

Rinse: Bath tea and honey.

I loved how my hair felt after the ayurvedic clay, but I didn't like how it felt after the rinse, so I washed it out instead of leaving it in as a final step.

WaistLengthDreams

I started out just making Brahmi oil, but before I knew it I added horsetail, hibiscus and fenugreek seeds to the mix, lol. I really try to keep it simple but then I see things out of the corner of my eyes and can't help myself. I infused it for two hours using the double boiler and let it rest for 24 hours. Today I sifted out the bigger herbs and now the powders and oils are infusing in my mason jars. It's been a while since I last made a herbal oil and I'm excited. This time I used Grapeseed oil as my base oil.