20-21 Coffee Tea Acv Ayur Onion Rice Chebe Challenge

GGsKin

@GGsKin
Sounds wonderful. :love: How did your hair feel afterward?
This sounds like my kind of mix! I want to try mixing the three clays. Please do tell us about your results.
Hi Ladies, the mix was good. Took longer than usual to mix down the lumps in the bowl probably because of the texture of kaolin, but wasn't a long time. It went on well as I worked it in- good slip and not many drips after it was applied. I left it about 40mins or so, wrapped in clingfilm to keep moist.

I'd already prepooed with olive oil and shampooed once with Olaplex no.4 before applying clay but when I washed it out, my hair didn't feel too stripped. My hair felt smooth and defined. I conditioned after, paying extra attention to my ends because I intended to trim, but didn't, although whilst finger detangling I felt some slight resistance in the ends of my shorter layers. Not saying it was the clay, but shedding for wash day looked reduced, which is great after pushing the wash back for 6 days. I styled in a wash and go with two flat twists at the front, and diffused dry. My hair looks good and feels balanced.

Overall, my hair is not in optimum condition and is thinner as a result of damage. I'm in recovery mode after some breakage all around my hairline from jumbo braids, and I have some heat damage. Although noticable to me, the hair I do have manages to still look ok in pictures, so I'm trying to nurse, and resist the urge to cut it right now.

snoop

Hi Ladies, the mix was good. Took longer than usual to mix down the lumps in the bowl probably because of the texture of kaolin, but wasn't a long time. It went on well as I worked it in- good slip and not many drips after it was applied. I left it about 40mins or so, wrapped in clingfilm to keep moist.

I'd already prepooed with olive oil and shampooed once with Olaplex no.4 before applying clay but when I washed it out, my hair didn't feel too stripped. My hair felt smooth and defined. I conditioned after, paying extra attention to my ends because I intended to trim, but didn't, although whilst finger detangling I felt some slight resistance in the ends of my shorter layers. Not saying it was the clay, but shedding for wash day looked reduced, which is great after pushing the wash back for 6 days. I styled in a wash and go with two flat twists at the front, and diffused dry. My hair looks good and feels balanced.

Overall, my hair is not in optimum condition and is thinner as a result of damage. I'm in recovery mode after some breakage all around my hairline from jumbo braids, and I have some heat damage. Although noticable to me, the hair I do have manages to still look ok in pictures, so I'm trying to nurse, and resist the urge to cut it right now.

Thanks for sharing. I think it was one of the other two clays that was causing the lumps and not kaolin. Kaolin mixes out really easily if it has too much water. Like you need twice as much of that clay to get the same consistency as the others and when it mixes, it's like lotion. I find a stick blender also helps to get clay mixes smooth. If clay is something that you intend on using regularly, a cheap one would be a good investment. It's also really good for mixing in oils with conditioners. I get a different consistency than when mixing by hand.

All the best to you in 2022 for growing out your damage. I'm in the same boat. It's time to get serious!

GGsKin

Thanks for sharing. I think it was one of the other two clays that was causing the lumps and not kaolin. Kaolin mixes out really easily if it has too much water. Like you need twice as much of that clay to get the same consistency as the others and when it mixes, it's like lotion. I find a stick blender also helps to get clay mixes smooth. If clay is something that you intend on using regularly, a cheap one would be a good investment. It's also really good for mixing in oils with conditioners. I get a different consistency than when mixing by hand.

All the best to you in 2022 for growing out your damage. I'm in the same boat. It's time to get serious!
Thank you. I know what you mean about the consistency. I don't use metal utensils with my clay so I'm used to mixing by hand with a Chinese spoon lol. Something satisfying about getting that mix smooth by hand but I can be weirdly old-school at times. Your retention always looks good to me. So, yes let's grow and maintain. All the best!