20-21 Coffee Tea Acv Ayur Onion Rice Chebe Challenge

snoop

Cleanse: Kaolin clay + goat's milk powder + lavendar EO

Mask: Triphala + honey

ETA: I tried pre-pooing with fresh AVG for the first time and surprisingly, it left my hair soft. I've always avoided AV because the products that I used with it in it (back when I started my journey) made my hair hard. I also tried triphala for the first time at first my hair had the slightly rough feeling that I get when I do an ayurvedic mask, but as I kept rinsing it out, my hair felt like nothing. Weightless. Wow! Hours later when I went to moisturize my hair still had that soft fluffy feeling. I can't wait to see what my hair feels like tomorrow after my hair dries.

Last edited:

snoop

Today's mask is: Amla, hibiscus, bhringraj, brahmi, fenugreek, and aloe vera gel. This time I applied it to dry hair.

It's currently on my hair, so we'll see how it goes.

I decided to start a 1 year commitment to weekly masks instead of (just) oils and we'll see this time next year how my hair is doing.

snoop

I tried my first tea rinse using powders (and cut herbs), today:

Bath tea (which I decided to use on my hair instead)*, triphala, ashwagandha, SSA, glycerin.

*Bath tea: Chamomile, Lavender, Spearmint, Rose, Rosemary and Juniper.

snoop

Cleanse: Kaolin clay, triphala, fenugreek, SSA, honey powder, AVG

Rinse: Bath tea and honey.

I loved how my hair felt after the ayurvedic clay, but I didn't like how it felt after the rinse, so I washed it out instead of leaving it in as a final step.

WaistLengthDreams

I started out just making Brahmi oil, but before I knew it I added horsetail, hibiscus and fenugreek seeds to the mix, lol. I really try to keep it simple but then I see things out of the corner of my eyes and can't help myself. I infused it for two hours using the double boiler and let it rest for 24 hours. Today I sifted out the bigger herbs and now the powders and oils are infusing in my mason jars. It's been a while since I last made a herbal oil and I'm excited. This time I used Grapeseed oil as my base oil.

WaistLengthDreams

I made a mud with mostly Amla with a little fenugreek powder mixed in. I used black tea as my "water" because I've been having a lot of shedding. I was worried the amla would get stuck in my hair so I sifted it. I think that helped because I don't see anything in my hair.

I just saw that Curly Proverbz has an amla powder out now. When I finish this batch of amla, I'm going to try that next because it looks very finely milled.

NaturalEnigma

I brought this Onion Garlic Ayurvedic thickening oil from Bella Bar Organics and it really smells like onions and garlics. I was shocked, I assumed they would mask the smell somehow. I’m not really sensitive to smell but it reminded me of the breath of someone who just ate some onion rings dipped in garlic sauce. The smell goes away after a few minutes in your hair, but phew was not expecting that. I applied it to my scalp and my hair after applying my leave-ins. I was going to use it as a hot oil treatment but that little bottle was expensive even with the discount. I tend to use a lot of oil for my hot oil treatments. In general the oil was silky smooth and made my hair soft.