20-21 Oil Grease Butter Lotion Creme Pomade Challenge

Neomorph

Used Sunny Isle JBCO Pure Butter with lavender to seal for my moisturize and seal routine and to grease my scalp. Added a little whipped shea butter/sunflower oil to my ends for extra protection.

Y'all are going to get tired of me raving about this product but..I love how it acts as an old school scalp grease but doesn't contain anything that will irritate my scalp (for me it's not the mineral oil/petrolatum but the lanolin found in many greases that causes a reaction). And it doesn't run down my neck like the liquid JBCO does. While not as much of an occlusive oil like mineral oil, it still holds moisture in for me so I'm only doing my M&S routine twice a week in between my washes (compared to having to do it basically every night.

Although it may not be for everyone, it's something I definitely would recommend trying if your looking for a plant based grease alternative (bonus points in it being black owned)

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Neomorph
Nope. Never.:nono:

I love a Good Scalp Grease!:love:

Will be buying this.:up:
Y'all are going to get tired of me raving about this product but..I love how it acts as an old school scalp grease but doesn't contain anything that will irritate my scalp
Although it may not be for everyone, it's something I definitely would recommend trying if your looking for a plant based grease alternative (bonus points in it being black owned)

water_n_oil

After moisturizing my hair with my water/Rosemary EO/Tea Tree EO mix I sealed with my Sunny Isle JBCO pure butter (with a little extra on my ends) and placed a bit of Black Seed Oil on my scalp.

I really want to try this, esp on my oldest daughter. Her hair loves liquid jbco.

ETA: read back a little. Your reasons for loving it is precisely why I want to try it. I kind of miss old school greases but don't really use them much anymore for environmental reasons mostly. Finishing up the two small jars I have of Softee grease.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I kind of miss old school greases but don't really use them much anymore for environmental reasons mostly.
@water_n_oil
I see you are using CRN Ajani which is nice:love:

There are a lot of good Grease(s) out there (in no particular order):
Nature's Blessings
Hairveda Almond Glaze
CRN's Ajani Growth Balm
Alikay Naturals Botanicals
Kindred Butters Naomi's Hair Grease
SheScentIt Coriander & Fig
Naturelle Grow's Healthy Greens, Rosemary & Parsley Pomade, Emu & Argan

ETA: I picked up Sunny Isle's Butter based on @Neomorph recommendation and can't wait to try it.

water_n_oil

@water_n_oil
I see you are using CRN Ajani which is nice:love:

There are a lot of good Grease(s) out there (in no particular order):
Nature's Blessings
Hairveda Almond Glaze
CRN's Ajani Growth Balm
Alikay Naturals Botanicals
Kindred Butters Naomi's Hair Grease
SheScentIt Coriander & Fig
Naturelle Grow's Healthy Greens, Rosemary & Parsley Pomade, Emu & Argan

ETA: I picked up Sunny Isle's Butter based on @Neomorph recommendation and can't wait to try it.
Nice! Thank you for the list. Om em gee @ that healthy greens one. Looks amazing. Will definitely have to check some of these out. Knowing me though, budget will probably end up winning lmao. At least the Sunny Isle isn't too bad considering the available ounces.

Last edited:

Neomorph

I really want to try this, esp on my oldest daughter. Her hair loves liquid jbco.

ETA: read back a little. Your reasons for loving it is precisely why I want to try it. I kind of miss old school greases but don't really use them much anymore for environmental reasons mostly. Finishing up the two small jars I have of Softee grease.

I definitely recommend anyone whose hair loves liquid JBCO to try the pure butter! I hope your daughter's hair responds positively to it!

If anyone wants to buy it directly from Sunny Isle
https://www.jamaicanblackcastoroil.com/sunny-isle-jamaican-black-castor-oil-pure-butter-8oz

It comes in three forms: regular, lavender and coconut. I've tried both the regular and lavender ones (straight coconut does not work on my hair, I've tried it so many times). I personally prefer the lavender one because of the scent and the calming effects lavender has on the scalp.

Neomorph

@Neomorph
Ended up getting a b/up of Sunny Isle JBCO Pure Butter (plain - instead of Lavender)

Awesome! I'm using up my backup for the the plain JBCO pure butter right now (still just as amazing as the lavender one) while I wait for my backup 8 oz Lavender to ship. The plain one might be fun to use in DIY recipes as it would easily take other essential oils.

Also today I just used straight argan oil on my hair.