20-21 Oil Grease Butter Lotion Creme Pomade Challenge

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Pulled the trigger on the JBCO butter because I'm impatient lol.

@water_n_oil

This is more like a Heavy Grease/Pomade than what we know as a "Butter"

I'll continue to use up my other lighter "grease, pomades and butters" during the warmer weather.

And put this away until Fall/Winter and pull it out then. It will come in handy during the colder months and will be great for sealing ends.

I'll really stock up on this one in the Fall.

water_n_oil

@water_n_oil

This is more like a Heavy Grease/Pomade than what we know as a "Butter"

I'll continue to use up my other lighter "grease, pomades and butters" during the warmer weather.

And put this away until Fall/Winter and pull it out then. It will come in handy during the colder months and will be great for sealing ends.

I'll really stock up on this one in the Fall.
I generally use reg jbco on my oldest have been using typical petroleum based grease for my youngest so I think it'll suit us. Will report back. LA weather doesn't change a ton throughout the year.

Neomorph

Pulled the trigger on the JBCO butter because I'm impatient lol. Should arrive tomorrow.

Like @IDareT'sHair mentioned it's quite heavy and greaselike (but my hair is very high density so it doesn't seem to mind at all). Not sure why they called it butter, lol. Probably because it sounds better than grease since even though we're seeing grease make a comeback, many people are still wary of it.

As heavy as it is, It's been perfect for this NC humidity. One thing that used to stop me from doing twistouts year-round was the humidity during the spring/summmer as it was just frizz up. I'm quite excited to see how it performs in the fall though. NC winters (when you're not in the mountains) tend to be pretty mild with maybe one or two snowfalls and a few cold snaps. So if it can stand up to this humidity it should be perfect for this winter.

water_n_oil

Like @IDareT'sHair mentioned it's quite heavy and greaselike (but my hair is very high density so it doesn't seem to mind at all). Not sure why they called it butter, lol. Probably because it sounds better than grease since even though we're seeing grease make a comeback, many people are still wary of it.

As heavy as it is, It's been perfect for this NC humidity. One thing that used to stop me from doing twistouts year-round was the humidity during the spring/summmer as it was just frizz up. I'm quite excited to see how it performs in the fall though. NC winters (when you're not in the mountains) tend to be pretty mild with maybe one or two snowfalls and a few cold snaps. So if it can stand up to this humidity it should be perfect for this winter.
Very high density here too so I think it'll be fine. I go pretty ham with shea butter so I'm not opposed to heavy products.

water_n_oil

My JBCO butter is way harder than the consistency I'm seeing in yt reviews. Wonder if I can melt it down and let it solidfy without compromising it. Will also add an eo as it smells a bit smokier than the liquid imo. Either way, used it on my oldest to slick back her hair before we left earlier and it was wonderful.

Neomorph

My JBCO butter is way harder than the consistency I'm seeing in yt reviews. Wonder if I can melt it down and let it solidfy without compromising it. Will also add an eo as it smells a bit smokier than the liquid imo. Either way, used it on my oldest to slick back her hair before we left earlier and it was wonderful.

Interesting. You got the regular version right? I have both the regular version and the lavender one. I noticed the lavender one is a tad firmer than the regular one but still has a grease-like consistency.

The consistency change is something to keep an eye on though. I'll be looking for that when my next two jars of it come in this week. I'm glad it still worked wonderful for your daughter's hair!

water_n_oil

Interesting. You got the regular version right? I have both the regular version and the lavender one. I noticed the lavender one is a tad firmer than the regular one but still has a grease-like consistency.

The consistency change is something to keep an eye on though. I'll be looking for that when my next two jars of it come in this week. I'm glad it still worked wonderful for your daughter's hair!
Yep, the regular version. It's not grease-like at all for w/e reason. I'm gonna try melting or even just softening a bit and see what happens. Used it on my hair last night over CR Honey Leave in. My hair is so soft and shiny.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Neomorph @water_n_oil

Both of mine are heavy Grease/Pomade like. No complaints here.

It will work very well for me in the fall/winter or to seal ends and to take care of edges.

I tried a finger tip full of the regular when I first got it and it feels like it will work good as an edge control/edge tamer.

water_n_oil

@Neomorph @water_n_oil

Both of mine are heavy Grease/Pomade like. No complaints here.

It will work very well for me in the fall/winter or to seal ends and to take care of edges.

I tried a finger tip full of the regular when I first got it and it feels like it will work good as an edge control/edge tamer.
Agreed. I actually use the liquid jbco for edges often for myself and my oldest. I stopped using gels and edge controls a while ago. Oils and hot water brushing after each gives me slick hair.

Neomorph

20200729_172039-min.jpg I ended up getting my big jar of JBCO (lavender version). It has a similar texture to the regular jbco butter (to the left). To the right is the small jar of JBCO pure butter with the firmer texture (I thought maybe there were slight differences if there were added oils, but since water_n_oil said she got the regular version and it was harder, I guess there are batch inconsistencies). I'm actually melting that down jar right now to see if it will regain the consistency of the other jars, but if it doesn't it's not a huge deal for me as both versions work on my hair (although greasier version is easier to use on the scalp).

water_n_oil

View attachment 461519 I ended up getting my big jar of JBCO (lavender version). It has a similar texture to the regular jbco butter (to the left). To the right is the small jar of JBCO pure butter with the firmer texture (I thought maybe there were slight differences if there were added oils, but since water_n_oil said she got the regular version and it was harder, I guess there are batch inconsistencies). I'm actually melting that down jar right now to see if it will regain the consistency of the other jars, but if it doesn't it's not a huge deal for me as both versions work on my hair (although greasier version is easier to use on the scalp).
Melting it made no difference for me but we'll use it up. Definitely wish it was more grease-like though as it's really hard to spread it on my hands.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Njoi Creations Herbal Hair Dressing: (Sweet Almond & Olive Butters, Olive Oil infused with Peppermint, Sage, Nettle, Horsetail, Coltsfoot, Honey, Lavender, Rosemary and Tea Tree Essential Oil)

Neomorph

I used argan oil yesterday to fluff out my twist out

I also moisturized my hair last night so I sealed it in with my Sunny Isle JBCO Butter (regular version) and added the lavender version to my ends.

Neomorph

Used Rosemary EO, Tea Tree EO and Peppermint EO mixed in AVG on my scalp.

Used Sunny Isle's Lavender JBCO Pure Butter on my ends and on my edges/hairline.