20-21 Oil Grease Butter Lotion Creme Pomade Challenge

Neomorph

Interesting, thanks. I bought the original and found the scent really strong so I actually melted my jar completely down and added 1/4tsp of fragrance oil. Didn’t do much for the smell but the texture is now indestinguishable from grease and I absolutely love it lol. The pomade texture worked better as an edge control so I may just buy another jar and use them both :laugh:

edit:: I really couldn’t stand the smell of it so I melted it down again and added some peppermint essential oil and ordered a 2 pack of the lavender version lol. Glad I learned how to manipulate the consistency to my liking though

I ended up mixing some of my JBCO butter with some sweet almond oil last night before adding it to my hair. Ended up making a very workable consistency that went nicely on my hair. I think I added too much sweet almond oil as I would prefer it to be just a tad thicker.

Mapleoats

I ended up mixing some of my JBCO butter with some sweet almond oil last night before adding it to my hair. Ended up making a very workable consistency that went nicely on my hair. I think I added too much sweet almond oil as I would prefer it to be just a tad thicker.
Yeah I use both my lavender undiluted and my diluted original. I love them both. The undiluted is probably the best edge controll and smoothing product I’ve ever used. And the diluted one is super easy to spread and use as a sealant

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
Shea butter/oils/cream mix, Humecto and a Nexxus conditioner (i forget the name, it's a forest-green bottle)
Sunday night's laziness (applied Johnson's baby oil gel on damp hair - as it was close by) led to single strand knots, found on monday, and today I found more (or 2 hairs knotted together).
Will NEVER use this baby oil gel except as labelled (for skin) --
UNLESS perhaps, it is on top of something else. Huge mistake! I never did well with mineral oil in the past, IDK why I thought now would be any different.

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
Water and coconut oil. Hair smells so good! This CO must be really fresh because it smells sublime. It smells like a South Indian lady in our home who was always cooking with fresh coconut (she did not use pre made things... she wanted the real thing for everything, and cracked it open with a hammer). Hers was knee-length curly hair coated in CO too. Usually her hair was in a braid.

I put the shea/oil/cream and coconut oil on my son too and his gorgeous hair looks so much darker and healthier/shinier...
He smells like perfection :littleangel2:
I'm almost out of my shea butter mix so now I will be sure to add CO to it.

Neomorph

Water and coconut oil. Hair smells so good! This CO must be really fresh because it smells sublime. It smells like a South Indian lady in our home who was always cooking with fresh coconut (she did not use pre made things... she wanted the real thing for everything, and cracked it open with a hammer). Hers was knee-length curly hair coated in CO too. Usually her hair was in a braid.

I put the shea/oil/cream and coconut oil on my son too and his gorgeous hair looks so much darker and healthier/shinier...
He smells like perfection :littleangel2:
I'm almost out of my shea butter mix so now I will be sure to add CO to it.

See hearing things like that makes me so envious of people who can use straight coconut oil on their hair. :cry3: My hair will tolerate it for maybe 1-3 times but it eventually just dries my hair out if I just use it straight. Such a cheap very effective oil and my hair just had to be bougie like why sis, why?

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
See hearing things like that makes me so envious of people who can use straight coconut oil on their hair. :cry3: My hair will tolerate it for maybe 1-3 times but it eventually just dries my hair out if I just use it straight. Such a cheap very effective oil and my hair just had to be bougie like why sis, why?
:lol:it do be like that :whyme:I can only do straight CO once in a while too..

Maybe since she is from Kerala (literally means 'land of the coconut trees'), their genes evolved so their manes thrive with just that
one thing?

Your ancestors were probably royalty, like mine, and had all kinds of potions concocted for them by devoted generations of master alchemists. Our genes have made it so we need that magical mix ideally. Unicorn hair and other key ingredients are sadly lost to time...
:duck:

I'm kinda worried it will aggravate some dormant condition like malassezia folliculitis, which I'd dealt with before.
Tonight I washed with all my treatment items inc. Nizoral, no condish, and left only a cheap aloe/glycerin-based gel for the night. I don't wanna overdo the CO or other oils and be in the throes of m.f. again. With m.f. you're basically stuck with a handful of oils, like MCT oil, squalane...You have to replenish them with the speed of light since they aren't that effective and you use them up faster.

water_n_oil

My youngest daughter's hair looves straight up CO. Wish I could do the same because of the price as well lol.

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
I used this Saturday. Glad I pulled it out :up:
It makes hair look great. I sprayed it on my mom's hair though she has straight hair.
Her hair is getting fuzzy flyaways like a chick's feathers because of her use of Garnier hair dye and NO conditioner or treatments whatsoever. :confused:

It instantly fixed it and it stayed that way.

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
shea/coconut/cocoa butter/camellia/etc oil mix on ends and weaker areas of hair,
mixed in rosemary and blackseed and mct oils to that blend, for scalp. Then water with a bit of ACV (idk if this is okay to do) sprayed on. MCT + Avene tolerance cleansing lotion + ic fantasia to comb. Grapeseed oil and Camellia seed oil. Then saran wrap :laugh: . Cannot find my satin bonnet, and my son decided to claim the scarf as his new toy.

water_n_oil

CR Gro Grease, DIY Shea. I switched to the latter midway because I don't like the former on my hair. Amazing for my girls so no money wasted at least.

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
Yadain's Jamaican Oil Treatment
This one?

Ingredients:​

Carrot oil, jojoba oil,milk thistle,goji berries,vitamin b12,powdered protein, apple cider vinegar, aloe vera, coconut milk,olive oil,sandlewood essential oil,rosemary essential oil, caramel paste,avocado powder,black molasses,raw honey,evaporated coconut oil

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
Super Suuuupper diluted:
Scurl (I dont like to waste things + this prop glycol was making me doubtful)
+ aloe hair polisher + camellia abyssinian and jojoba oil as usual (difference being everything is way more diluted ..at least 70% of mix being added water)

+ Joico Hydrator (not much needed) + grapeseed oil. bit of G.o. +Lavender + Tea tree oils on scalp ( not lavished). It seems to help mitigate severity of migraine too.