2003 Lunar dates for hair cutting and removal

tc_333

The information on this site was really wierd!!! I won't be utilizing this info. How strange! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks, Nita for posting......it makes me realize that I have to be careful of the information I come across. I can only accept as true, that which is sensible to me.

May God develop in me a good sense of what is true and what is false.

Crysdon

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The moon and the stars tell you when to cut your hair?

ms_kenesha

Actually this approach isn't so far fetched and was utilized at another hair board. Women are ruled by the phases of the moon (menstruation) so why not other things as well. I think people now are too technology driven and forget that a lot of ancient methods do work and only now are people looking back to nature for the answer to their problems. I mean in the 80's would be using Shea Butter and Olive Oil for our hair or Blue Magic Grease. Think about it, at the most it couldn't hurt to try. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

nita4

Actually this idea was originally brought to our attention by Armyqt back in October - under a post entitled Growing Hair by Moon Phases. Which I and some others found interesting. For those interested these are the 2003 dates.

lunalight7

Im bumping this because I was browsing thru old threads and it brought back memories of my grandmother from Barbados. She believed in cutting/trimming your hair on the New Moon, which is waxing, and therefore encouraging growth. I admit to being a bit of a Metaphysical Head but as someone else suggested....some of what those old folks said made sense...they had hair down their backs, didnt they?

mly3e

The comb is stuck.
[ QUOTE ]
Im bumping this because I was browsing thru old threads and it brought back memories of my grandmother from Barbados. She believed in cutting/trimming your hair on the New Moon, which is waxing, and therefore encouraging growth. I admit to being a bit of a Metaphysical Head but as someone else suggested....some of what those old folks said made sense...they had hair down their backs, didnt they?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. My family is from Barbados and you are definitly right about the whole "Hair down their back" thing. I thoroughly believe in this kind of stuff. My mom and her relatives did it and used natural oils for their hair and it was down their backs. Some people don't believe in anything that wasn't concocted in a lab by a scientist. I'll take my advice from people who actually have long hair now.

canuck

i have started on the lunatips for skin. Its all exfoliation and avoiding moisture at the mo... my skin looks like crap, but can't wait until the 31st, when i can start moisturizing.

i will keep you all posted.

aikaa71

Canuck,

would you please post the link for the lunatips for skin

Thanks

I have been using the lunar dates for hair removal and have noticed slower growth of underarm hair etc. Also when i wax its not so painful

Tracy

Nita thanks so much for this. I think the fact that everything on earth is someone affected by the moon means that we aren't so alienated from nature as we might think we are....

P.S. Bajangirls
....my momma's grandmother was from Bim and she said the same thing about new moon trims...and she had silver waistlength natural hair for as long as I had the honor of knowing her.
They MUST know something we don't. Can't hurt to try, right?

mly3e

The comb is stuck.
Thanks! I was looking at your tree in another thread and thought that was sooo cute. But aside from the gifs your hair is the BOMB! I just looked at your pics. You have to tell me your regimine because I am new to this whole haircare thing. I took a lot of advice from you all when I was lurking and my hair grew 2-1/2 inches in two months. You have the same 4a/b hair as I do. What is your routine if you don't mind me asking? Do you take vitamins?

JazzAngel

This response will is an echo of the posters ahead of me.

My grandmother lived by the changes of the moon. She always followed the Almanac for cutting her hair and doing other things in her life. I will say that she had the thickerst and logest waist length natural hair I have ever seen in my life. Well it was the thickest and longest hair I have seen in perosn on any group of people. Her long plaits look like rope.

beana3

I not skeptical of this method at all, i'm actually very excited to plan my next two trims around this!