2009: 52 weeks of protective styles

Butterfly08

^^I had a housing related disaster and after having to move that really threw me off. I'm so far behind I wonder if I should just post a few styles anyway....:scratchch

mrsmeredith

Please post a few styles anyway....Pretty Please:yep: I especially need them now since a beautician cut 4-5 inches off of my chopped all over. I have to hide my hair until it has enough length to cut it. I plan on flat ironing it tomorrow so I can began to monitor my progress. SO please every one of you protective style gurus please show me/us some love.

Meredith

mrsmercery

I definitely enjoy your styles and love your hair-but I'm hoping more so than anything all is well with you. I won't be selfish, take care of you and your household 1st!

Miss*Tress

Here's a simple yet elegant style: video tutorial

LaidBak

I've been using curls as a protective style for the last month or so. I use flexirods overnight and it works out really well. I've kept my ends up off my collar the whole time.

Last edited:

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Yeah, I miss this thread. My latest is my in my signature. Pony with four small twists pinned up with a decorative duckbill.

Nappy_in_the_City

OMG this should totally be done for natural hair..and shorter hair. I wish I was this creative to come up with styles but would totally love to be apart of this for natural women so I can get some ideas and stop wearing the same ole same ole.

CrissieD

Bump can someone do another one of these protective style challenges. I wish I could've joined this one :(

nakialovesshoes

Bump can someone do another one of these protective style challenges. I wish I could've joined this one :(

Would anyone be interested in doing another challenge like this but for a shorter time period? We could do 3 months & then if we can keep up with it & want to go for 3 more, we can.

I've been doing my bun research on YT b/c it's 2 hot for wigs & I just can't afford a weave or tree braids at the present time.

If we have some takers, I'd be more than happy to start a thread.

CrissieD

Would anyone be interested in doing another challenge like this but for a shorter time period? We could do 3 months & then if we can keep up with it & want to go for 3 more, we can.

I've been doing my bun research on YT b/c it's 2 hot for wigs & I just can't afford a weave or tree braids at the present time.

I'm interested :bouncegre:grin:

trendsetta25

Omg crissieD ur a saint! I was looking everywhere for this thread!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't find it in the search beause I type the wrong number of weeks and thought it was actually days. Long story.....THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

I'm down:yep:

CrissieD

Omg crissieD ur a saint! I was looking everywhere for this thread!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't find it in the search beause I type the wrong number of weeks and thought it was actually days. Long story.....THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

I'm down:yep:

No problemo. I am a slow grower too so I NEED to PS in order to retain anything

Butterfly08

I'm down. Can someone post the link to the new thread in here? I'm still subscribed to this one. I hardly ever visit the hair board now that we got our Nail Fanatics board. :look:

trendsetta25

bumping because i love this thread! Great ideas...and the pics start on the first page.... :drunk:

don't kill me...i know there was an updated thread :ohwell:

Butterfly08

I feel so guilty everytime this thread is bumped. I wish I had the time to keep it up for a whole year!

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF