2010-11-14 - Downgrade Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Ladies,

The forum has been downgraded to the previous version. After a really long process I am happy to announce that we had no hiccups and everything went as planned.

There are a lot of features missing. Those features will appear slowly in the forum so please be patient.

You will notice that there are some misalignments in the forum format. I know about that too and will be sorting it out shortly.

It is a choice whether to keep the forum switched off or opening it with the basic functionality present for you to enjoy. I chose the latter.

Last edited:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Thank you Nikos for the hard work put forth on this effort. We greatly appreciate it.

Scenario/Question: I can't post new threads, quote threads (I can only post a quick reply), retrieve PMs or access all established threads (some threads open for me, others don't)....in all instances described herein, I receive an error message -- "500 Internal Server Error nginx/0.8.53." Is this normal for right now? Or do I need to correct settings on my end.

Side Note: I know this scenario/question belong in Q&A thread but I can't post a new thread. Sorry. Will you please move it for me if you find it's better suited in the Q&A?

Thx you kindly!

divachyk

Thank you Nikos for the hard work put forth on this effort. We greatly appreciate it.

May I please present a scenario/question: I can't post new threads, quote threads (I can only post a quick reply), retrieve PMs or access all established threads (some threads open for me, others don't)....in all instances described herein, I receive an error message -- "500 Internal Server Error nginx/0.8.53." Is this normal for right now and part of the missing features you speak of? Or do I need to correct settings on my end.

Side Note: I know this scenario/question belong in Q&A thread but I can't post a new thread. Sorry. Will you please move it for me if you find it's better suited in the Q&A?

Thx you kindly!

divachyk

May I please present a scenario/question: I can't post new threads, quote threads (I can only post a quick reply), retrieve PMs or access all established threads (some threads open for me, others don't)....in all instances described herein, I receive an error message -- "500 Internal Server Error nginx/0.8.53." Is this normal for right now and part of the missing features you speak of? Or do I need to correct settings on my end.

Thx you kindly!

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
The missing features are all the small bells and whistles that you all like i.e. thank you button, chat, arcade etc.

The rest is maintenance (inclusive of the 500 error you and I see on the screen). We should be getting into a more stable mode as time progresses. There are a lot of things to take care of.

Thank you for your patience!

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
I am still working with one of our technicians to sort out the 404 errors ladies.

It is also interesting that once you post a message you get a 404. You go back do the same thing and then give up. This for some reason ends up with multiple postings of the same message as we see above :(

DivaD04

Thank you Nikos. Either way, I have/had no problems with the forum personally but appreciate your work and time.

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Yeah the 404 messages are throughout the forum. It is not that the content is not there; there is a misconfiguration somewhere that I need to find :p

Stella B.

I'm getting the 500 internal server error every time I try to open a thread, or every time I go to the next page in a thread.

brooklyngal73

SteelyDan/DonaldFagenFan!
That's not on the 1st page in any section? I just tried to open a thread on page 1 in the off-topic forum and got the 500 error.

Also, I agree with the ladies that said that it was too bad people weren't ready to move forward w/ the updated site. I was just getting used to it (different skins, yt embedding, etc.). :nono:

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Like I wrote in the first post of this topic:

There are a lot of features missing. Those features will appear slowly in the forum so please be patient.

Regarding the 404/500 errors. We managed to get quite a lot of it fixed but there are some that we haven't fixed yet. These areas are primarily the new reply/post reply etc. The quick reply box works (as you can see from this post).

It has been a long weekend but we are nearly there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.