***2010 MN CHALLENGE***

LadyAmani

Ok everyone this is my first time starting a challenge so bare with me. :perplexed

This challenge will officially start March 1,2010 that will give time for everyone to get there stuff together, and for any newcomers.

The challenge will end March 1, 2011

Newbies: MN is Miconazole Nitrate which is an anti-fungal found in products like Monistat or Neosporin AF. MN will help with hair growth and any scalp conditions you may have. Google MN for hair growth and you will see hundreds of testimonies for MN and accelerated hair growth, some women have even claimed getting up to two inches at times.

Some women have complained of headaches while using MN straight, if you dilute it with water or oils the headaches should go away if not then stop using it.

MN Challenge Rules:

1. Post a starting pic it doesn't have to be a whole head shot but something that we can compare it to later.

2. Post what brand of MN your using, what mixture your using, and your regimen if you like.

3. You must apply your MN at least 2-3 times a week.

4. Update at least twice a week this way we can help encourage each other not to fall off.

5. Every three months update with a progress pic.

Ok everyone lets aim for 12 inches in one year, Happy Growing!!!:grin:

HERE'S A LINK TO THE FIRST MN THREAD:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=1209

Last edited:

Kerryann

Im so in when i take down my install i will take a pic
I will use the mn and wild growth mix
Family dollar brand
4 days a week

Last edited:

LadyAmani

Welcome KerryAnn!

I will use the Monistat brand of MN for now im eyeing the family dollar brand.

I will use a mix of mn and safflower oil or maybe just purified water i haven't decided yet. I will post a starting pic a little later when i get home, andI will apply mn at least 2-3 times a week.

supermodelsonya

I'm so in this one. I'm using Monistat 4% with Hot Six Oil and mixed with ORS Hair fertilizer.

I'm using in between my braids just three days a week. MN did wonders for my growth last month.

afrocentric_soul

I've never done a challenge, but I'm all in. I'm tired of this short hair, and I am trying to grow all of the God-forsaken color out.

Attachments

• 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

LadyAmani

Welcome Ladies this challenge is going to be great! Come on people i know there are more of you who want to join...

teysmith

Yay!! Finally... I'm definately in!

I'm using 4% and 2% MN, the equate brand and the dollar store brand, mixed in castor oil. I made it up about two weeks ago but I've been slacking when it comes to applying it.. I would like to apply it atleast 4-5 times a week.

starting pics attached...

Attachments

• Picture1 184.jpg
    Picture1 184.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Picture1 185.jpg
    Picture1 185.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

grow

Thanks for starting this, LadyAmani!

i especially like the "ladies, let's aim for 12 inches in one year" part!

i am soooo totally IN!

i ordered the monistat mn this last week and hope to get it by the starting date....

i have no idea what i'll mix it with, but i'm leaning towards jbco.

hhg ladies!

crvlnghair

I am so in....right now I use the family dollar of MN with little Doo Gro Stimulated Growth Oil mixed in but i may go back to straight MN...will post pic before the start.

wenjay

this will be my first challenge. I'll be using Daktarin or Micospec. i'm in Barbados and i think those are the only two brands available. i also ordered megatek so i'll be using that with my MN.

I'm in braids right now so i dont have a starting pic as yet.

HHG ladies.

Attachments

• Picture 154.jpg
    Picture 154.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

teacherjess

I'm in! I use MN (family dollar or Kroger brand, both 2%) mixed with WGO and apply it 4- 5x per week. I did this consistently the entire month of Jan. and saw good growth. I since stopped at the beginning of this month because I was noticing an increase in shedding (it may not have been due to the MN though). I plan on starting back up with it soon. I don't like posting pics regularly, but I will post new pics in Apr., Oct., and Apr. 2011 (look @ my siggy)

HauteHippie

Oh, and I am so in this challenge. I'm doing am mini chop tonight and will post pics!

I use some 5 dollar MN from Wal-Mart, mixed with Giovanni Direct Leave-In and a little Megatek. Also add a bit of WGO.

Attachments

• minichop feb 13.jpg
    minichop feb 13.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

hair4romheaven

rite aid has a online sale on MN 3 pack and single pack. no tax free shipping and 2.50 off first box. this is the only brand i have used so i am sticking to it. LOL

trendsetta25

I'm in! I'm shooting for BSL this year. I plan on using my MN with castor oil and peppermint oil. I ran out of my MT and OCT and I'm too lazy to buy some more at this moment. Plus MN is waay cheaper. My starting pic is in my siggy