***2010 MN CHALLENGE***

Ijanei

currently applying my mix...I can say dont mix urs with carrot oil cream because it will flake up ur hair smh. I went back to olive oil creme

divastyle2010

i applied my mn mix to my cornrows and i moisturized sealed and baggied for 4hours today(my shortest time everr)but tomorrow is wash day, and my cornrows only have been up a week and already look like its been up for 2 months,crazy growth!
Without further or do checkin in: okay so i have been washing weekly, keeping my hair in cornrows under my half wig, baggying 5-7 days a week, apply my mn mix every other day and my mt on the opposite days, i have been exercising monday thru friday and I found anew product that was only a dollar and i waited a month to test it and wanted to let u guys know about, i mean i have been using it in my nape area with no other products just to see how good it is i found it at dollar tree, and it was a dollar okay!!! so here we grow the name of the company is sulfur solutions it has a white applicator bottle red top, yellow blue N black label its called hair serum complex its for permed, relaxed, natural, bleached dry hair and scalp. it's 100% effective or ur money back!(but it's a dollar what do you have to loose!)and you get 4oz and u only need a little. it smooths split ends,helps restore lost oils,gives volume and sheen and is alcohol free, it goes on smooth and and dries tack free. it controls frizzies,conditions, and adds sheen.(reading from the bottle) directions say: shake well, apply small amount at roots gently massage into scalp until product is penetrated style hair as usual.
okay so we want to kno the ingredients right!!! here we go!
first ingredient >aloe vera gel, propylene glycol,polyquaternium 7, centrimonium chloride, glycerine,hydroxyethyl cellulose,guar hydroxypropl diammonium chlorids, oleh-20,fragrance, avocado oil, jojoba oil, edta, methlyparaben, propylparaben, dmdm hydantoin,phosphoric acid,silk amino acids, keratin protein,wheat grem oil, yellow 5,red 4. those are the indegredients in that order it is awesome n only a buck, and it has alot of great ingredients, and no mineral oil or petrolieum. so i hope u guys can find it!!!(especially with 8 booming ingredients!)
oh and im also taking my one a day multivitamin!

Last edited:

afrocentric_soul

I've been steadily co-washing, roller setting, and applying my mixture which consists of MN, MT, sulfur grease, and oils for scent. I said it on another post, but the boo loves running his fingers through my curls when I roller set... It's weird but he said he likes the feel of my new growth. I feel the new growth but I am not really seeing the length. I am moisturizing with S-Curl and I also seal my ends with oil. I try to avoid heat as much as possible, but I think the color on my ends is preventing me frm seeing the actual results of my growth because the colored ends seem to be breaking but the uncolored portions of my hair are extremely healthy

divastyle2010

well i applied my mix today!!! and sealed and moisturized my cornrows and baggied my hair. i have alot of growth and i am trying not to relax till oct(my 6 month stretch) this is the longest i ever stretched its usually 10-12 weeks when i do.... So wish me luck ladies!lol! i wash and etc once a week, and i keep my hair in cornrows under my half wig, that way i'm not comb happy, i been doing it since last year and it is payin off(cancer survivor) i went from no hair to nl in ayear!(thanks to mn and mt) so im grateful! hopefully i can b shoulder length by august or atleast by my next relaxer in oct! i may be going to get a blowout and a trim, just to maintain, due to me being in the healthy ends challenge,i'll keep u guys posted!

SimJam

:grin:applied my mn mix!!! this morning and it is tingling!!! good sign!!:lachen:

oh I just applied my first "dose" of MN last night and abt 15 mins later my scalp felt like it was throbbing ... was wonding if it was just mind over matter:lachen::lachen: So this is normal ?

anyhoo

just got my MN, couldnt get the 4% only the 2%

this is my mix, I make small batches that last abt 2 weeks, applying 4 - 5 times per week

MN (3 tbs)
1 capfull MT (abt 1 tbs)
1 tbs marigold oil
1 tbs sluphur oil
1 tbs aloevera juice
couple drops rosemary EO

starting pic

Attachments

• 3in3 june.jpg
    3in3 june.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

divastyle2010

well i normally don't get a throbbing sensation, but tingling! and growth!! my mix is:
1 tube of mn 2%
1/2 a jar of sulfur 8
6 tablespoons of mt
4 squirts of evoo oil

it's been working thus far! I hope this helps!

divastyle2010

well i normally don't get a throbbing sensation, but tingling! and growth!! my mix is:
1 tube of mn 2%
1/2 a jar of sulfur 8
6 tablespoons of mt
4 squirts of evoo oil

it's been working thus far! I hope this helps! it could be your rosemary and sulphur that's working overtime!lol!

Rossy2010

I want to join this challenge. I very new and it will be my first time :)
Im yet to recieve MT but i will mix

Castor oil
Daktarin 2%
Pepper mint oil

im not sure about the measurement any help would be appreciated.

Ijanei

I ran out about 2 weeks ago...havent been to pick up any new mn but this week I will order from amazon ... should be back on it by tuesday =)

SimJam

1 tube of mn 2%
1/2 a jar of sulfur 8
6 tablespoons of mt
4 squirts of evoo oil

it's been working thus far! I hope this helps!

tnx. I find that the MN mix make my hair very dry and flakey so Im gonna add some glycerine and a bit more oil to my mix.

divastyle2010

washed ,dc'ed,and air dried my hair last night, used my megatek/mn mix this morning and re-braided my hair, and will keep doing this till i hit my 6 month stretch, half wig it is!my ends look ok, i won't b getting a trim till my next relaxer.my growth is great I am very happy with my progress.

Ijanei

I cut back from doing every day to doing every other day or every other day because of my schedule lately. Despite the cut back, my new growth is serious. I love it considering I'm transitioning. I will take pics this weekend

tmcivil

Is it to late to join? I started my challenge on June 24th. I apply my MN mix daily and wash once a week. I mixed my Monistat (MN) with some vitamin e oil and minoxidil 5 % solution that I got from my domincan hair dresser.

authormom

I really, really wanna try this, but I'm a little worried about the build up on my hair/scalp. From reading the thread it appears that you dont wash it out, right?

grow

hi ladies!

sorry i've been m.i.a. for a while.
i really need to get back to using this very helpful product!
i had stopped to get ready for my perm, but now i'm 7 days post, so it's time to jump back in the saddle.
i hope to have some news soon!
hhj ladies!

Ijanei

WB Grow, I was wondering where u and DivaStyle went...I thought I was still on this alone.

divastyle2010

hair check.jpg

hair.jpg

I am A MN AND MT'ER FOR LIFE, MY HAIR IS GROWING LOVELY!!! I AM 15 WEEKS POST AND HAVEN'T USED HEAT IN SO LONG(SINCE JANUARY) SO I PRESSED MY HAIR TODAY AND DECIDED TO POST MY PROGRESS THUS FAR! I HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL!!!:grin:

Aggie

Back on my mn/sulfur mix as of this morning. Love the tingle from the essential oils:yep:.

divastyle2010

hey all!!! I was trying to wait till I hit my 6 month stretch and relaxed oct 10th,2010! but people were asking for my update so I took this hideous pic! you can see how far I come even without a relaxer! those that know me know I am a cancer survivor and been on a mission from being bald then to nl, n my goal was shoulder length by the end of this stretch, I follow my regimen an I use megatek/mn every other day since my journey!!it works!! so stick with it ladies, will post an update after I relax on the 10th! you can see the difference in my other pics in my siggy and what I've posted on the boards!have a good day!