**2010 Random Christian Thoughts Thread**

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I enjoyed Bible Study tonight... food for thought indeed!

...and my FB connections have been posting great stuff for the New Year, I notice. I'd like to share some:

One friend posted:

"2010 is going to be the year that you want it to be. If you want more love, then show more love. If you want more peace, then be more peaceful. Expect things to change and they will. Keep doing the same things and you will get the same results."

This one was posted by Crenshaw Christian Center:
"The world can tell when you have been in the presence of God. Why? Because spending time in the presence of God changes you."

... and this gem by another good friend:
"I was just thinking, how do we get something new? Either we buy it OR it is given to us OR we steal it. You value what you pay for, you appreciate what you are given, and you are penalized for what you stole and end up paying more for it than what it actually cost. We have been a given a new year, the rest of what we have in it is up to us."

I love when God uses others to inspire. :yep:

Renovating

This email I received really made me think.

Answered Prayer
The Daily Encourager

Answered Prayer

When you pray continually about a concern, don't be surprised at how Christ answers.

Paul prayed to visit Rome so he could teach the Christians there.
When he finally arrived in Rome, it was as a prisoner.

Paul prayed for a safe trip, and he did arrive safely - after getting arrested, slapped in the face, shipwrecked, and bitten by a poisonous snake.

God's way of answering our prayers are often far from what we expect. When we sincerely pray, God will answer - although in his timing and sometimes in ways we do not expect.

Laela

I love this! thanks for posting it... :yep:
This email I received really made me think.

Answered Prayer
The Daily Encourager

Answered Prayer

When you pray continually about a concern, don't be surprised at how Christ answers.

Paul prayed to visit Rome so he could teach the Christians there.
When he finally arrived in Rome, it was as a prisoner.

Paul prayed for a safe trip, and he did arrive safely - after getting arrested, slapped in the face, shipwrecked, and bitten by a poisonous snake.

God's way of answering our prayers are often far from what we expect. When we sincerely pray, God will answer - although in his timing and sometimes in ways we do not expect.

maxineshaw

You may be making fun of my decisions to remove myself from the things of this world in order to be closer to God, but that's okay. I'm just going to sit back and hope that some of it rubs off.

God, I thank you for giving me a forgiving spirit, and for me not hanging on to anger. I can't imagine what it's like to live my life in bitterness, and I'm happy I don't have to. I just pray and ask for a little more humility. I find it easy to point out all the wrong that others have done to me, but can't too much see (or willingly admit) the wrong I have done to others.

In Jesus' name,
Amen

Renewed1

One pastor, that I highly respect, state that God is going to move on his people's behalf within 90 days. Which is sometime in the month of March. Which is amazing, because I kept feeling that there was something about March every since November 09. I have no idea what God is going to do, but I can't wait to report back.

LifeafterLHCF

Is going to search deep and allow God to guided me in finding mentors for each area of my life..I know I really need a spritualt mentor..its time to go all the way

loolalooh

I leave this entire year in Your hands, oh Lord.

Remove desires in my heart that do not align with Your will.

Laela

For reflection: Why does God allow Natural Disasters

The Bible proclaims that Jesus Christ holds all of nature together (Colossians 1:16-17). Could God prevent natural disasters? Absolutely! Does God sometimes influence the weather? Yes, as we see in Deuteronomy 11:17 and James 5:17. Numbers 16:30-34 shows us that God sometimes causes natural disasters as a judgment against sin. The book of Revelation describes many events which could definitely be described as natural disasters (Revelation chapters 6, 8, and 16). Is every natural disaster a punishment from God? Absolutely not.

In much the same way that God allows evil people to commit evil acts, God allows the earth to reflect the consequences sin has had on creation. Romans 8:19-21 tells us, “The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.” The fall of humanity into sin had effects on everything, including the world we inhabit. Everything in creation is subject to “frustration” and “decay.” Sin is the ultimate cause of natural disasters just as it is the cause of death, disease, and suffering.

Source: God Answers.org

LovelyRo

Lord God, I thank you in advance for calming the storm! I will remain prayerful and I promise to glorify you in all that I do... I know that this is just a test!

Renewed1

I thank you in advance Lord for reminding me that I'm not forgotten.

I left EJH to you Lord, I place him at your feet. Guide my words and actions, Father, I want you to have all the glory. AMEN!

Vonnieluvs08

Thank you Lord for coming into my life. In looking over the last year I can see how you were shaping and molding my life to bring me to you and then closer. The people you have rotated in and out of my life has been a blessing. Thank you God for keeping me, providing for, and loving me. Amen

Pooks

DH's compliment was a humbling blessing. Lord please help me to continue, as You are my help inspiration and rock.

I thank you for every lesson learned and blessing received last year, and the plans and answered prayers you have in store for me and my family this year.

Laela

WORRY OR WORSHIP?

Worry and worship are exact opposites, and we’d all be much happier if we learned to become worshippers instead of worriers. Worry opens the door for the devil, but worship is reverence and adoration for God that leads us into His presence. God created us to worship Him, and I don't believe we can walk in victory if we don't become worshippers. Sometimes when we don't have what we need or want, the enemy tries to discourage us and keep us from worshipping God. But when we know that God has our best interests at heart, we can worship Him regardless of our circumstances. Remember, God is good even when our circumstances are not! God doesn't always give us our heart's desire right away. He wants us to develop a deep, personal relationship with Him and an outrageous love for Him so much so that we can't live without it. This kind of relationship and love brings the worshipful attitude that God wants us to have.
- JOYCE MEYER

I choose to worship, instead of worry, about anything today.

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

Wolves in sheeps clothing....be aware, be watchful...for the devil roams around like a roaring lion, seeking to whom he may devour!

:nono::nono::nono:

Reminiscing

It's so hard to let some people go but when the Lord tells you it's time to move on you have to do so. I pray for the friends that God told me to leave behind in 2009 and I pray for continued peace in my heart.

Laela

Still praying for the people of Haiti ... :Rose:

Galatians 6:9
And let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we shall reap if we do not grow weary.

Renewed1

Lord, I just want to say THANK YOU!

My trip to San Diego was near perfect (I got in the way of some things and I'm sorry).

My Shearaton room was beautiful and bug free. My friend hooked me up with a GREAT deal. Plus I was able to get 50% off ALL of my meals there.

The rental car was like $30 for the whole weekend. Thank you Lord

Plus I don't ever remember being happy being anywhere. California is definitely for me.

Amen.

discobiscuits

i don't think that i will ever cease to be amazed at people who don't educate themselves about the bible and things thereof. the bible contains the words of God but it is not the complete dossier or record.

I hate that the pulpit tells the pew not to look anywhere but the bible as if we may *gasp* learn something as opposed to being led away or led astray. The bible is an incomplete collection of sacred texts. This does not mean that the bible is not reliable or true, just incomplete & there is nothing wrong with that. The KJV has mistranslations of a few words that usually get corrected by the pulpit as they teach and they say "cross that word out and write in the margin of your bible...".

I just learned about the Miao/Miautso (China) who trace their lineage to Japeth, Noah's son. Bet you can't find that genealogy in the bible. Does it make this less true or untrue because it may or may not be in there?

As much as Jesus traveled is it any wonder that he was called different names in different languages? Does that mean that the Issa Ben Yussuf (Bint Yusef) that taught in Persia and is written about in the Qur'an is not Jesus the Christ? Isa Ben Yussuf means Jesus son of Joseph. Their Prophet Isa is my Savior Jesus. Just because they don't believe He is God, He is Savior does not mean that He isn't. The Qur'an's Isa and the bible's Jesus is the same person.

Why do people trip off of whom Cain married when all humans were wiped out by the flood and the only people left were Noah & his family & the only animals were the ones on the boat. The earth had to be repopulated by man and beast somehow. :ohwell: (notice how everything and everyone on that boat had a mate?)

Why do Christians make the simple so difficult? Geez.

Pooks

HE just made my day...

Lord I love You, yes I love You
How I love You, I really love You
Just for who You are, in all of Your glory
My heart sings, holy holy

You are everything I need You to be
You are the great I AM

You are everything I need You to be
You are the great I AM

:rosebud:

Last edited:

Laela

San Diego is really a beautiful place! I'm glad you had a great (and safe) trip...

God is good, indeed!
:yep:
Lord, I just want to say THANK YOU!

My trip to San Diego was near perfect (I got in the way of some things and I'm sorry).

My Shearaton room was beautiful and bug free. My friend hooked me up with a GREAT deal. Plus I was able to get 50% off ALL of my meals there.

The rental car was like $30 for the whole weekend. Thank you Lord

Plus I don't ever remember being happy being anywhere. California is definitely for me.

Amen.

PinkPebbles

It's crazy how attacks come when you put a halt to the enemy's plots, plans, and schemes by simply choosing God's way.

I'm humbly glad to serve a faithful God. A God that is Omnipresent, Omniscient, and Omnipotent.

I believe and stand on His word...'Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass'. Psalm 37:5

Reminiscing

Twice this month already, God has answered my prayers BEFORE I've even had a chance to pray them. Our God is truly AMAZING!!! He knows our thoughts and our needs before we even know them. HALLELUJAH!!!