2010 Sulfur Challenge

flowinlocks

Whew! June is a long ways away, mama. I'm sure I'll post pics before then. But certainly by then too. I'd better be full bsl by June. seriously. I'd BETTER be!

:perplexed Sweet Jesus. Theoretically, I could be mbl by the end of the summer! :eek2: Hold up. If I act right...keep moving at a decent pace...and the stars are aligned...and the Lord showers me with favor... I could be sneaking up on WL by the end of the year?:thud:Girl, let me go to bed. Surely I'm dreaming already. :thud:Or maybe it's this chardonnay that I'm sipping on. I'm going to bed. G'nite.

:lachen:Goodnight.

flowinlocks

I've changed my reggie up a bit. I have been alternating between my 2 sulfur mixes daily. I have stepped up my cowashing to almost every day because it's getting warmer outside and I have been working out.

I'm trying to use up some of my oil stash (but I keep buying more):wallbash: So I have been prepooing with them before my workouts.

I'll most likely still alternate between tea rinsing and the poo bar once a week to avoid build up.

All seems to be going well so far. I'm hoping the sulfur will boost my growth potential along with the Ayurveda. The cowashing will combat any dryness from the sulfur. And the tea rinses, poo bar, protein from sealing with coconut oil, and protein dc once a week will combat any mushiness from almost daily cowashing.

I can't wait to add ceramides to the equation.:lick:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Yeah, I just started using wheat germ oil after reading the thread on it. My hair feels good. Me thinks it's a keeper! :yep:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Oh, also meant to say that I use it on my face too. Someone posted that and I tried it. Great on the skin.

Ltown

Greyland
Yeah, I just started using wheat germ oil after reading the thread on it. My hair feels good. Me thinks it's a keeper! :yep:

I added wheat germ too because of it ceramides and it has Vitamin E and other benefits. Alot of ladies are using it in their smoothies for hair growth, I couldn't it does not taste good to me. I have a mix of wheat germ, hemp, kukui nut oil mix all have ceramides to lubricate my hair. I'm hungry for some growth. At least if it don't work you can use these internally:lick:

flowinlocks

I added wheat germ too because of it ceramides and it has Vitamin E and other benefits. Alot of ladies are using it in their smoothies for hair growth, I couldn't it does not taste good to me. I have a mix of wheat germ, hemp, kukui nut oil mix all have ceramides to lubricate my hair. I'm hungry for some growth. At least if it don't work you can use these internally:lick:

I ordered the hemp oil also. How are you liking your mix so far?

LaidBak

I've been using it in my DCs, and also mixed with a scented oil on my NG to combat the dryness from the sulfur.

Ltown

Greyland
I ordered the hemp oil also. How are you liking your mix so far?

I's good I thought it would be oily but my hair is sucking it up. I use it on my lazy days when I'm just hanging out and not going anywhere so it can pentrate or do something:grin:

LAURENCE

Checking in!
I washes my hair (loose). Took my braids out after two weeks and four days. I'm definitely seeing some xtra growth. The only thing is I'm noticing small areas of growth, for example certain patches of hair are super long compared to others. generally my hair grows evenly with the exception that the right side of my hair tends to be longer.
I think this may be to uneven distribution of my sulfur oil mix, because I apply after I braid it up, so not to have oily hands while braiding.

Has any one else noticed uneven growth or are most of you applying your mixes on loose hair?

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I should have joined this challenge when I had the chance I have 2 bottles of sulphur powder that's going to waste,:ohwell:

LaidBak

Checking in!
Has any one else noticed uneven growth or are most of you applying your mixes on loose hair?

I apply Claudie's Elixir my entire scalp evenly. But the left side of my head grows faster than the right. More specifically, the left side of my crown. But that's because I prop my head up with my left hand a lot, and when I do I am massaging my scalp. That side just gets more attention than the right side. So look and see if you are somehow getting better circulation in those spots where your hair grows faster.

flowinlocks

I apply Claudie's Elixir my entire scalp evenly. But the left side of my head grows faster than the right. More specifically, the left side of my crown. But that's because I prop my head up with my left hand a lot, and when I do I am massaging my scalp. That side just gets more attention than the right side. So look and see if you are somehow getting better circulation in those spots where your hair grows faster.

:yep: I have certain parts of my hair that just grows faster than others, growth aid or not.

Checking in!
I washes my hair (loose). Took my braids out after two weeks and four days. I'm definitely seeing some xtra growth. The only thing is I'm noticing small areas of growth, for example certain patches of hair are super long compared to others. generally my hair grows evenly with the exception that the right side of my hair tends to be longer.
I think this may be to uneven distribution of my sulfur oil mix, because I apply after I braid it up, so not to have oily hands while braiding.

I haven't noticed this with my homemade sulfur, but I know what you're talking about because that's how it was when I use MT/OCT, and MTG. Even applyng it on loose hair I got patches of hair that grew faster. Sometimes it would be the areas that would normally grow faster on their own. the growth would justbe more intense. Other times I would find a random patch of ng where everything else was straight. :lachen:

LaidBak

Just curious....now that warmer weather is approaching, are you all still going to use oil based sulfur applications? I find it hard to use oils in the summer because of the humidity and the heat (excess sweating and whatnot). Even the tiniest bit of oil seems to go from my scalp and hair, right to my face to cause extra nasty shine. breakouts, etc. I was thinking of switching to cream based sulfur preparations (MSM cream, Surge, etc). Does anyone else make seasonal adjustments?

Ltown

Greyland
I should have joined this challenge when I had the chance I have 2 bottles of sulphur powder that's going to waste,:ohwell:

The beauty of this challenge is it gives us a year to get some growth, no pressure, and Flowinlocks generousity to add you and anyone anytime:grin:

Ltown

Greyland
Just curious....now that warmer weather is approaching, are you all still going to use oil based sulfur applications? I find it hard to use oils in the summer because of the humidity and the heat (excess sweating and whatnot). Even the tiniest bit of oil seems to go from my scalp and hair, right to my face to cause extra nasty shine. breakouts, etc. I was thinking of switching to cream based sulfur preparations (MSM cream, Surge, etc). Does anyone else make seasonal adjustments?

I was not natural last summer so I'll make adjustment base on how much my hair needs/like. Where do you get MSM cream or other cream products I've not seen them yet?

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I was not natural last summer so I'll make adjustment base on how much my hair needs/like. Where do you get MSM cream or other cream products I've not seen them yet?

Hmmm. That's a good question. Since I've just started this, I really don't know. But I do know that I STAY under air conditioning in the summer so, I'll play it by ear.

Hmm.. I wonder if staying under air (and I mean I keep it freezing. I hate being hot and sticky) will interfere with my summer months growth spurt?

flowinlocks

I won't be using the MTG, it's too stinky and loud for the summer. However my other oils, I'll won't give them up without a fight. LOL I'm addicted to oil.

I wear a ps most of the time so I don't mind. The only thing I'm worried about is when I work out. I sweat profusely. I try to jump straight in the shower to avoid breakouts on my body or a reaction from the sulfur.

Has anyone experienced any problem with the sulfur mixtures when it mixes with sweat and runs from working out?

NJoy

Here I grow again!
^^^njoy, just stick your head out the window for some summer heat on your hair :)

:lachen::lachen::lachen: What am I? A golden retriever? :lachen: I suppose I'll make it a point to spend time working in a sunny area...with the air on. :grin:

I won't be using the MTG, it's too stinky and loud for the summer. However my other oils, I'll won't give them up without a fight. LOL I'm addicted to oil.

I wear a ps most of the time so I don't mind. The only thing I'm worried about is when I work out. I sweat profusely. I try to jump straight in the shower to avoid breakouts on my body or a reaction from the sulfur.

Has anyone experienced any problem with the sulfur mixtures when it mixes with sweat and runs from working out?

I'm not even going to front like I work out...although I need to :blush:. But why not apply the mix after you shower from your workout? Your scalp will be clean and receptive. I wouldn't use it before working out unless it's been in long enough to start drying up. I'm planning to start working out in the mornings (did I hear a snicker? Oh. That was me. :look:). I'll cowash and apply my concoction and moisturizers after my workout. If I worked out at night, the mixture would have had sufficient time to penetrate and shouldn't be oily by the time I worked out. *shrugs* ...theoretically speaking. :rolleyes:

flowinlocks

:lachen::lachen::lachen: What am I? A golden retriever? :lachen: I suppose I'll make it a point to spend time working in a sunny area...with the air on. :grin:

I'm not even going to front like I work out...although I need to :blush:. But why not apply the mix after you shower from your workout? Your scalp will be clean and receptive. I wouldn't use it before working out unless it's been in long enough to start drying up. I'm planning to start working out in the mornings (did I hear a snicker? Oh. That was me. :look:). I'll cowash and apply my concoction and moisturizers after my workout. If I worked out at night, the mixture would have had sufficient time to penetrate and shouldn't be oily by the time I worked out. *shrugs* ...theoretically speaking. :rolleyes:

:yep: This is what I do. I guess I was worried about whats left over from the day before.

I also prepoo with Ayurveda oils before my workout.

Shay72

Natural, 4A

Miracle of miracles I've been working out about 4x/week since the beginning of the year. I apply Beemine or Claudies at night so it has plenty of time to absorb by the time I exercise the next morning or afternoon depending on the day.

flowinlocks

Miracle of miracles I've been working out about 4x/week since the beginning of the year. I apply Beemine or Claudies at night so it has plenty of time to absorb by the time I exercise the next morning or afternoon depending on the day.

Congratulations on being consistent with your workouts! I guess I should be straight since I apply it the day before.:yep: Thanks ladies.

LaidBak

MSM cream is really common at places that sell vitamins (Vitamin Shoppe is where I got mine). I use an MSM/EMU oil cream.
Surge Ultra Max cream is another option for creamy sulfur options. I love that stuff. Its not oily/greasy at all.