2011 Ceramides Challenge

Lita

Oiled my scalp with Brahmi pomade/Moisturize with KBB-sweet ambrosia milk/Sealed with Rice bran oil...

KBB-has Wheat Germ oil

Brahmi-has sesame seed oil

Happy Hair Growing!

greenandchic

Last night after oil rinsing with coconut oil and cowashing with Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine conditioner, I oiled my hair with my ceramide oil mixture:

Walnut oil
Castor oil
Olive oil
Shea butter (I melted it before adding it to my bottle while mixing it - its like a thick oil balm. The consistency of CD Hair Balm).

This morning I had to seal my ends with my Uncle Harry's Herbal Coconut Oil - Hemp seed oil is the second ingredient.

Last edited:

Lita

Oiled scalp with brahmi pomade,kbb hair milk,sealed with rice bran oil..

Happy Hair Growing!

candy626

Sally's Jojoba Flat Iron cream also has ceramides in it. Could be why it seemed to give my a hair a "repaired" feeling after using it.

sqzbly1908

I have been using my L'oreal Overnight consistently for a year - if nothing else it has definitely strengthened my hair - it is just so easy to use - Love it!

I wear my hair out too much to deal with the oils - this penetrates fast and there is no residue...

Last edited:

Lita

Oiled my scalp with brahmi pomade,kbb to moisturize,sealed with walnut oil....

Hair is nice/soft & getting a little thicker....

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

Relentless

Reinventing
Yesterday, I washed my hair and used Redkin Anti Snap leave in and Lacio Lacio leave in. My hair felt so soft and still does.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
I haven't posted here in a long time *shame* I have been diligently adding hempseed oil to my DCs and oiling the length of my hair with a oil mix - of which the main component is hempseed oil and grapeseed oil.

summerskiss88

Last night after oil rinsing with coconut oil and cowashing with Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine conditioner, I oiled my hair with my ceramide oil mixture:

Walnut oil
Castor oil
Olive oil
Shea butter (I melted it before adding it to my bottle while mixing it - its like a thick oil balm. The consistency of CD Hair Balm).

This morning I had to seal my ends with my Uncle Harry's Herbal Coconut Oil - Hemp seed oil is the second ingredient.

Wowww your hair looks so shiny and soft : )
*inspired* by all these lovely pics...
wish I had known about this challenge...I didn't even know about ceramides until 5 minutes ago!
doing research and will probably pick up a product or two after work tomorrow
:grin:

Ronnieaj

I don't know when the last time I posted was :look:, but I've been faithfully using ceramide oils. I have a mix that I use to add to my DCs, and a separate butter mix that I seal with. Both mixes contain wheat germ and walnut oil, my DC mix also contains rice bran and sesame oil, and the butter mix contains hemp seed butter :yep:.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I've been so fail at keeping up with this challenge. :nono:

I made a bootleg spray :look: and have been using it three or more times a day for a while now: faucet water, glycerin & hemp oil. I basically just spray my hair down whenever I remember.

Just the other day, I added Garden Oil to up the yummy factor and make the spray smell good.

My hair is loving the multiple boosts of ceramides throughout the day. :lick:

Lita

Moisturize with enso hair milk,Sealed with Rice bran & Sun-flower seed oil...

*Oiled my scalp with evco...

Happy Hair Growing!

princesslocks

I've been MIA for a little while. I've been super busy but I've been DC'ing with my beloved Hemp Seed Oil. I've also been using my Silicon Mix occasionally.

Love Always

I want to finally start incorporating ceramides into my regimen but I don't want a coated heavy feel to my hair after I wash. I plan on using Hemp and Grape seed oil but not together. Can anyone tell me what oils you're using that isn't leaving a heavy coated feel? I'm also worried that the oils will be hard to wash out.

Last edited:

ladysaraii

I want to finally start incorporating ceramides into my regimen but I don't want a coated heavy feel to my hair after I wash. I plan on using Hemp and Grape seed oil but not together. Can anyone tell me what oils you're using that isn't leaving a heavy coated feel? I'm also worried that the oils will be hard to wash out.

Ive used hemp and grapeseed together and it was great.

Honestly I dont have much trouble washing them out unless I use waaay to much and trust me I'm not light handed. Just give it a try and shampoo twice if you need to

Lita

Put a little Camille Rose (hair serum) on my scalp,S.M Curl Butter on length & Sealed with Rice-bran oil...

Camille Rose (serum) Ingredients -remblica officinals,bringaraj herbs,brahmi,biotin,msm,jojoba,coconut,SESAME-SEED OIL,olive.distilled water,rosemary & lavender...

*I like products that contain sesame seed oil..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

melissa-bee

My hair is finally start to see the some effects of ceramides. I'm on my second bottle of hemp seed oil and I love it. My hair just feels a lot smoother these days.

AJellyCake

Hi, everyone.

I'm still using grapeseed oil to seal each time I M&S. I really like it. My twistouts are always super soft. I think it might not be heavy enough though. Maybe I will try rice bran oil? Or something else.... (I don't like the smell of hemp or WGO, so I use those to pre-poo).

I'm intrigued by some of the other threads I have read where people discuss using grapeseed oil as a heat protectant....