2011 - Christian Random Thoughts

LongTimeComing

Most of final grades are in. I got 3 A's, a B, and a C. I have one more grade outstanding. With those grades I will get my financial aid next semester and be able to finish my degree in May. It was nothing, but pure grace that got me those grades. I am so thankful and relieved.

I've gotten some hrs at my other job. Which is wonderful, because any extra helps right now. I have finally figured out when they post the schedules so I can get some hrs. :)

I've been absent from church. For 3 weeks. :look: I can feel it. I need to stay planted in the water and quit playing. God still has been looking out for me though.

He's shown me some things about myself. There is no question now- I'm being seperated from people so he can work on me. Friendships with random negative peopel are being cut off and other healthy relationships are becoming strong.

I don't know whether to cry, run, shout, dance, or be still. I'm just a ball of emotion.

crlsweetie912

Most of final grades are in. I got 3 A's, a B, and a C. I have one more grade outstanding. With those grades I will get my financial aid next semester and be able to finish my degree in May. It was nothing, but pure grace that got me those grades. I am so thankful and relieved.

I've gotten some hrs at my other job. Which is wonderful, because any extra helps right now. I have finally figured out when they post the schedules so I can get some hrs. :)

I've been absent from church. For 3 weeks. :look: I can feel it. I need to stay planted in the water and quit playing. God still has been looking out for me though.

He's shown me some things about myself. There is no question now- I'm being seperated from people so he can work on me. Friendships with random negative peopel are being cut off and other healthy relationships are becoming strong.

I don't know whether to cry, run, shout, dance, or be still. I'm just a ball of emotion.

Congratulations on your grades, your financial aid and your job. I know about the bolded. I was out for 2 weeks sick and I feel LOST! It felt so good to get the word from my pastor!

Iwanthealthyhair67

GoddessMaker

my heart is full when it comes to you,please dont think I'm judging or is against you in anyway...I just want you to recognize what you have in Christ and be free and live the victorious life that I know that YOU can have ...we all are dealing with something, some more than others we all have a past/a testimony but we are no longer under condemnation...

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Congratulations on your successes, chica!:yep:

Iwanthealthyhair67

Amen, I can relate ...it's not wrong to have feelings, but when we rely on them, lean on them appease them, it will mess us up...

Last night at church it seemed as though the Spirit of God was all in the place..People was getting filled with the Holy Ghost,chains were being broken, minds being free,people crying out at the altar.....but i felt untouched...It shows me my connection with God it has nothing to do with what I "feel" but its about what His word says and that is, I will never leave you nor forsake. God its been such a press with EVERYTHING lately...but like paul said, I will press toward the mark.My flesh and feelings dont dictate who I am or what I do.. Forsaking you or going back is not even option...Im just in my suffering stage.....

1st peter 5 v 10
But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

Laela

Lord, I do thank you for my husband...for using him, to keep me in check spiritually... Now why would I need to lug around a 'cuss bag'? I don't curse anymore, the old "Laela" would whip out that bag in a hot minute. :lol: But I see that trick for what it is.. nice try. And I do see the Test that this person comes packaged in. Remember the Fruit of the Spirit, Laela... temperance, patience.... sigh and Amein~.

Lord, thank you for my husband. I'm uber-thankful today, so I'll oil up his dreads for him... :lol:

foxee

I received this in my inbox this morning. Just thought I'd share.

http://devotions.proverbs31.org/2011/12/a-cup-of-christmas-cocoa.html

December 16, 2011

A Cup of Christmas COCOA
Tracie Miles

“They celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness.” Psalm 145:7 (NIV)

In the midst of the hustle and bustle of the holidays, there’s one thing that always calms my heart and quiets my thoughts – a cup of hot cocoa. Who doesn’t feel warm and peaceful while sipping a cup of steaming cocoa with marshmallows piled on top?

But, there is another reason I love cocoa. Each letter of my favorite winter drink helps me focus my heart on Christ at Christmas:

C – CHRIST
“This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit.” Matthew 1:18 (NIV 1984)

We all know Christ is the reason for this season, yet it’s easy to focus on shopping and planning instead of Jesus. This month, let’s spend as much time seeking God’s heart as we do searching for the perfect gifts.

O – ORNAMENTS

“Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.” 1 Peter 3:3-4 (NIV 1984)

We can easily spend more time decorating our house to look like the holiday edition of a magazine, than we do adorning our inner spirit with God’s love and compassion. Let’s ask God to make our hearts beautiful by giving us His patience and kindness. Then let’s look for ways to bless those around us, especially those in need.

C – CHEERFULLY CELEBRATE THE SEASON
“A happy heart makes a face look cheerful. But a sad heart produces a broken spirit.” Proverbs 15:13 (NIV)

As gift lists grow and calendars get full, our physical and emotional energy can be drained. Although Christmas is meant to be a joyous season, many of us struggle with depression and discouragement during this time of the year. Let’s take time each day to focus on how much we are valued and loved as children of God. The holidays are merely a season, but God’s love and compassion for us are permanent.

O – OVERJOYED not OVERWHELMED
“When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.” Matthew 2:10-11 (NIV)

Do you ever feel overjoyed to kick off the holiday season but overwhelmed by the middle of the month? If we take time each day in December to thank Jesus for coming as our Savior, we could become overwhelmed by His kindness instead. When we focus our hearts on all God has done, we won’t get as easily overwhelmed by all that still needs to be done.

A – ABUNDANCE
“…I came that they may have life, and have it to the full.” John 10:10b (NIV)

Whenever I think of Christmas morning, from my childhood to the present, the word ABUNDANCE comes to mind. Abundance of presents, food and activities. But these things are temporary. What we need is the abundant life Jesus came to give us. Our hearts need His mercy, peace and love, not only on Christmas day, but every day throughout each year.

I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for a cup of Christmas cocoa. Will you join me? Let’s take time to ponder these Christmas truths and, as that chocolaty goodness warms us, let’s allow the warmth of God’s love to pour into our hearts and His abundant goodness to pour out into the lives of those around us.

Dear Lord, thank You for giving me the gift of Your Son. Please help me not get so caught up in the earthly celebrations of Christmas that I forget to celebrate all I have in Christ. Remind me of Your love each day and show me how to share it with others each day of this month. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Guitarhero

Malachi 3:6 “For I the Lord do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed.
Psalm 121:7 The LORD will protect you from all evil; He will keep your soul.
Genesis 28:15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you."
Psalm 32:7 You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah
Psalm 41:2 The LORD will protect him and preserve his life; he will bless him in the land and not surrender him to the desire of his foes.
Psalm 91:10 then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.
Proverbs 12:21 No harm befalls the righteous, but the wicked have their fill of trouble.

Not hopelessness, not depressions, not fear, not lack, not abundance, not the earthly...will come between us and Your promise!!!

gn1g

Malachi 3:6 “For I the Lord do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed.
Genesis 28:15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you."
Psalm 32:7 You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah
Psalm 41:2 The LORD will protect him and preserve his life; he will bless him in the land and not surrender him to the desire of his foes.
Proverbs 12:21 No harm befalls the righteous, but the wicked have their fill of trouble.

Not hopelessness, not depressions, not fear, not lack, not abundance, not the earthly...will come between us and Your promise!!!

Timely, them that know their God shall do exploits. Praise God for his word that never returns void!!

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
I'm so happy for you and the Destiny that God has before ordained. Beyond the opens doors, shall be blessings after blessings which shall follow you in sucession and many more which God has laid for you before you were conceived in your 'Mommie's womb.

Both you and nathansgirl1908, will be among those whom He has chosen to uphold the law of the true "Law Giver', in Jesus' Name. You both have and will maintain the backbone to stand in the ground upon which God has placed you among 'men' who know Him not. You shall prevail against them all. In Jesus' Name.

:cup:

Thank you! I happily receive it.

(I'm done by the way!!! :yay::party::clap: .....assuming I passed :look:)

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Thank you! I happily receive it.

(I'm done by the way!!! :yay::party::clap: .....assuming I passed :look:)

Yip peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :woohoo2:

:congrats:

So well earned and so well deserved... :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm doing the 'cabbage patch' dance.... :woot: :woot: :woot: :lol:

ETA: The cheers are not wasted...

YOU PASSED Girl ! ! !

crlsweetie912

Today I was feeling pretty low, BUT AS ALWAYS GOD IS SHOWING OUT!!! :reddancer:

You KEEP ON!
Doing GREAT THINGS FOR ME!

But I am more awed at your presence in my life. Who YOU are. I love you Lord!!!!

Iwanthealthyhair67

I'm printing this out....this makes a great prayer!!!

LifeafterLHCF

I wanted to ram ppl with my car today.I'm so short fused right now I can scream.I'm counting my blessings just for today.I got a lovely healthy surprise from TraciChanel this slow cashier forgot my chicken and when I called the manager and told him he fixed it.I think this weekend will be a weekend of rest bc I'm burnt out..Its showing too much.

strenght81

I've been dealing the same issues of advancement for many years. I can't shake it. Something inside of me is not allowing me to be great. Lord I ask you to lift the negative shield I have placed on myself, l want to shine! I want to advance! I want it, yet, the fear is greater. Whatever it is that's holding me I rebuke it in your name. I need to be free to be me. I have so much to offer and I want to show it.

In your son Jesus name...Amen.

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
I know you said you wouldnt put any more on me than I can bear, but I dont know how much more I can take.

Sent from my Sprint HTC Evo using Long Hair Care Forum App

LifeafterLHCF

In my reflection time today I came to some conclusions for me.One is I'm like the worst person ever esp to myself.I often am unable to smell the roses so to speak because I'm too frustrated by all my flaws.I get messages here where people say I'm positive and what not and I'm like :blush:.I often feel they are :spinning:.However I do notice that I am able to give others plenty of encouragement but I can't seem to give myself any as I feel its undeserved and nor am I able to receieve any.

My next thought is I more than likely will either have to make the choice of continuing to be unhappy as a Christian or stop.My rationale is most of my issues come from Christianity and the people who profess it.At least with no believers I know what they are about and that most are foul but when it comes to Christians you never know and it makes this whole go to church every Sunday not attractive.I have it on my wall as goal for 2012 but I sorta laugh because it just doesn't seem to occur.There is only 2 churches I want to attend one is out of the state and the other is way to far to drive every week.I know church esp black church and its a perplexing ordeal.Not to say other churches aren't but I know black church more than I care to.

All I know in my life of 26 years I have never experienced love from others,joy from God,happiness etc.I know pain,suffering,lack,depression,suicidal thoughts,and anger.I know how it feels to be forgotten,to be looked over for not fitting into societies mold both non and believer.I know how it feels to not be able to get close to people because it would be easier to be alone then to be in pain bc of others.

Last thought and probable the most important I want to thank you ladies for putting up with me and not just discarding me like yesterdays lunch like so many have.I'm not the easiest,prettiest or even most charming but you all have continued to pray and be encouraging.I truly am thankful for Shimmie,Laela,TraciChanel,Prudent1,Iwanthealthyhair67 and crlsweetie912.You ladies have me scared to come out but in the same breathe if I do get the courage to step out I know there are some good people out in the world.

Last edited:

Guitarhero

L-rd, why did I move here? What was the purpose? I see the signs of the approval...yet...??? Should we move to UNM? Show me the way, if this is the way. I want to get my Ph.D. I want to use it for our people and don't need accolades....just a way...oh, and some money lol! Where are we to be now? Have I healed yet? I hope so. No matter what, I'm going to keep faith.

Guitarhero

However I do notice that I am able to give others plenty of encouragement but I can't seem to give myself any as I feel its undeserved and nor am I able to receieve any.

My next thought is I more than likely will either have to make the choice of continuing to be unhappy as a Christian or stop.My rationale is most of my issues come from Christianity and the people who profess it.....I know church esp black church and its a perplexing ordeal.Not to say other churches aren't but I know black church more than I care to.

All I know in my life of 26 years I have never experienced love from others,joy from God,happiness etc.I know pain,suffering,lack,depression,suicidal thoughts,and anger.I know how it feels to be forgotten,to be looked over for not fitting into societies mold both non and believer.

I feel you. I have been there and back...and there again. I've experienced some true foulness by christians...but by others as well. I had to believe that I was worthy of my own love...and of G-d's...cuz it is free and is His will. He chose to ...so I accept. I have to do this daily. It's hard when you are different with sensibilities in areas that the average person doesn't have. You are special! You are unique, you are loved. Keep your eyes on G-d, not on what others do, say or how they see you. They will NEVER see you with the eyes of absolute love that Jesus sees you through. Trust that His love is better than all the love in the world. It's difficult because we are meant to live in community. I haven't figured it all out yet and I know that some people simply don't like me just because. I cannot worry about them...I have to focus on the L-rd. HIs love is so much better!!! :yep: Don't give up...don't give up at all.

LifeafterLHCF

I hope this week goes by fast as I really don't like this time of year.I have been keeping out of threads about holiday gifts and keeping the tv off as well.I know its not about the getting but I'm human and do desire things.I look forward to Jan 1,2012.I'm ready to go get a daily devotional book and be able to start on day one.I hope 2012 will be the year of fruition,growth and having a good support system.Maybe even love as well.

Lissa0821

This season of trials and tests have brought tears to my eyes at times, a racing heart filled with worry and sleepless nights. But today, God you have shown me that this test while hard is the best thing for me at this time in my life. When this time of testing has passed as I am confident it will, I will know the favor and love of God in a way that I have never known before.

I never thought I would say this about any trial in my life but it is worth it, what I will gain in my knowledge and understanding about God and his love for me cannot compare to this temporary situation.

I thank God for this revelation today.

God loves me more than I love Him. He needs me to trust Him so He can be all He has promised to be to me.

Laela

Excited to see my little peeps again, visiting from home... the five-year-old is a hoot! :lol:

Iwanthealthyhair67

Praying that the Lord will continue to bless my family, that He will build a hedge of protection around each and every member that they will be safe we will celebrate the love of God and that there will be no negative incidents, I pray the peace of God over my aunt's household in Jesus name...that the unsaved family members will decide that 'now' is the acceptable time, that the backslidden will return home..

I come against depression and sadness, that when we reflect on my mother (this was one of her favorite holidays) that there will be tears of joy knowing that she is resting waiting on the trumpet to sound...

I pray that we will be grateful and thankful for everything that we do have and not worry about the 'material' stuff that we dont...that we make lasting happy loving memories that things can not give...I'm praying that he brings us closer during this holiday season and that our family ties will strengthen...

Last edited:

Iwanthealthyhair67

Oh and I pray that I don't miss my dogs too much and they are well over the holidays and that they get along with my uncle who will be caring for them...

Nice & Wavy

In your own walk, it may seem like nothing is going on, but you’re growing. Look at how you’re going through something now that would have driven you crazy ten years ago. It has to be growth to make you smile at someone who lied on you. It must be the Christ in you that makes you extend a hand to someone who treated you badly.

Bishop T.D. Jakes

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Praying that the Lord will continue to bless my family, that He will build a hedge of protection around each and every member that they will be safe we will celebrate the love of God and that there will be no negative incidents, I pray the peace of God over my aunt's household in Jesus name...that the unsaved family members will decide that 'now' is the acceptable time, that the backslidden will return home..

I come against depression and sadness, that when we reflect on my mother (this was one of her favorite holidays) that there will be tears of joy knowing that she is resting waiting on the trumpet to sound...

I pray that we will be grateful and thankful for everything that we do have and not worry about the 'material' stuff that we dont...that we make lasting happy loving memories that things can not give...I'm praying that he brings us closer during this holiday season and that our family ties will strengthen...

And so shall this be, even beyond what has been asked. In Jesus' Name, we give all the honour and the glory unto God our Father. :amen: and :amen: