2011 - Christian Random Thoughts

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I can't sleep.Im up thinking.I wanted a daddy for a long time.My step father abused me mentally and physically to the point I did anything for male attention.When I was 18 I found my biologcal father.It was a good time we talked often he sent gifts he was my daddy flaws and all.Now I'm thinking maybe he came for a reason and a season.I haven't spoken to him since July.I can't do one sided relationships where I do all contact.It was good so I at least know who helped make me.I know he is struggling I don't care about money,I just want a call.He isn't a believer which is fine.I just want a daddy but I know I'm 26 and must move on.All I want is to hear I'm pretty,lovely,great.I know the Word says this but I want to hear it from a man that loves me.I believe this is why when my boss speaks to me it stirs something in me.I see him like a dad sadly.I know I'm too old to need anyone.I just long for loving strong support only a daddy and mom can provide.My next step in education will be hard,PhD and I say a old classmate fb pic of her parents and it makes me sad I won't ever get that.Let me go to sleep.

Rest Dearest One... Rest. :kiss: Beloved daughter, you shall always be. Rest and believe this to be, a gift from God's heart to yours.

Rest for you've given these thoughts your very best. Now you can have sweet sleep, for God's promises are yours to keep... all in Jesus' Name. Amen. :sleep2:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
In Deuteronomy 28, God lays out all the blessings that come when obeying His voice and following His Commandments. Interestingly enough, the curses for disobedience take up twice as much of the chapter as the blessings do. It's a covenant - a two-way street.

God lays before us life and death, which is also is in the power of the tongue - He wants us to choose life, always. To speak it. But He also gave us a choice; and, like in Deut. 28, any curses we are subjected to, is self-induced. In other words, He will not make the choice for us.

God will NEVER go back on His Word. He is not man, that He should lie. Yet we blame HIM when cursed, simply because we didn't keep our part of the covenant.

Last edited:

LoveisYou

In Deuteronomy 28, God lays out all the blessings that come when obeying His voice and following His Commandments. Interestingly enough, the curses for disobedience take up twice as much of the chapter as the blessings do. It's a covenant - a two-way street.

God lays before us life and death, which is also is in the power of the tongue - He wants us to choose life, always. To speak it. But He also gave us a choice; and, like in Deut. 28, any curses we are subjected to, is self-induced. In other words, He will not make the choice for us.

God will NEVER go back on His Word. He is not man, that He should lie. Yet we blame HIM when cursed, simply because we didn't keep our part of the covenant.
Amen!!!! Speak blessings ladies!!!!!

crlsweetie912

I want to cry.......These situations have broken me down.....I'm tired...I don't have anything left....I can't do this......38 years, and nothing to show for it...I'm so tired.....I just want to rest........Everyone needs something from me, when do I get replenished. God I've been on the cliff for a LONG time, I'm broken, bruised and scarred....38 years is a long time to fight. I just need peace. HELP ME LORD....

lilanie

@crlsweetie912's - right now all I have for you is its going to be alright. I am 36 and you are taking words out of my heart, head and mouth right now.

You are being fought for your future, not your present.

It's going to be alright ~ please hold on...

Please watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTNBsbeye5k. We used to sing this song at my church when i was little and it always impacts me!:cup::needhug:

and not to be silly, although I do want you to smile ~ check for a purple scarf...

Last edited:

LifeafterLHCF

I don't know what is trying to come over me.Death like thoughts but I can't even go into them bc I know there are other babies who are going through right now.At work today my youngest client 14 came in her sister who is my client as well who is 16 told me so much about her younger sister.That baby is so death like.I know what depression is.I know how it feels to want to die.But she has a 6 month old at 14 on top of the horrid living situation and lack of love.Her big sister was saying she sometimes says she just wants to die.I pray nothing happens to her or that baby.I love both girls like they where my own little sisters.Their mother a hot mess who has 7 kids in total all girls may have another.So you will be a grandmother of 2 at 33 and a mother of 8 with kids ranging 0 to 16..Lord help me stay strong.When my boss told me I am ok and that I need to slow down stop rushing things it hit hard.He also said I need to be nicer to ppl bc of complaints.I really do try but this is a difficult thing with me.I'm very to the point and some call it curt but when I worked for a major bank they NYers loved me the Southern folk hated me.My NYer that is a client loves me I guess Im not meant to be liked by the Southern folk..let me go breathe bc the thoughts that were overtaking me in my car while going 65 miles a hr weren't good.But I know what the Word says I know what others say and I know I have too many ppl needing me.But who can I need.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I don't know what is trying to come over me.Death like thoughts but I can't even go into them bc I know there are other babies who are going through right now.At work today my youngest client 14 came in her sister who is my client as well who is 16 told me so much about her younger sister.That baby is so death like.

I know what depression is.I know how it feels to want to die.But she has a 6 month old at 14 on top of the horrid living situation and lack of love.Her big sister was saying she sometimes says she just wants to die.I pray nothing happens to her or that baby.I love both girls like they where my own little sisters.Their mother a hot mess who has 7 kids in total all girls may have another.So you will be a grandmother of 2 at 33 and a mother of 8 with kids ranging 0 to 16

..Lord help me stay strong.When my boss told me I am ok and that I need to slow down stop rushing things it hit hard.He also said I need to be nicer to ppl bc of complaints.I really do try but this is a difficult thing with me.I'm very to the point and some call it curt but when I worked for a major bank they NYers loved me the Southern folk hated me.

My NYer that is a client loves me I guess Im not meant to be liked by the Southern folk..let me go breathe bc the thoughts that were overtaking me in my car while going 65 miles a hr weren't good.But I know what the Word says I know what others say and I know I have too many ppl needing me.But who can I need.

Life whispers ......... "Live'. :kiss:

LifeafterLHCF

God I know your word says we aren't to worry about what we eat or drink or what we will wear tomorrow as today has its own worries but after finding this money issue I will have in the new year along with the amount of money I will get each check I can't help but be very nervous about my life right now.I don't know if I will be able to continue or even be able to do any thing I desired to do next year.I had plans to do this youth workshop that may be cut bc I wouldn't have the money to pay.I also want things to help myself with my weight and that def won't be happening anytime soon.

I want to trust you God but right now I simple am too aware of things to even try.At times I wish I was dumb to things then maybe I wouldn't be so aware of whats going on in life.As I was writing this I got a call from UPS for a pt position I applied for as I knew going into next year I will need money.Well I go into a interview on tomorrow so we shall see.It will be a bit physical but I have to make due.

InVue

Simple Life Lover
My pastor recently died. His death has caused me to do some soul-searching. When I think of my pastor, I think of a great man of God who dedicated his life to God and serving God’s people. He was a witness a perfect example of holiness.

During this sorrowful time, I have asked myself “if I were to die right now this very moment would I be heaven bound. Have I lived a consecrated life to God? Has my life been a testimony of holiness? Is God pleased with my life?” The more I see death the more aware I am of the seriousness and importance of these questions. Because when it's all said and done where one's soul will spend eternity is what really matters. All else is vanity...

…sharing my thoughts…

LoveisYou

clrsweetie - He hears your cry!!! Hold on, don't give up, keep on praying. He hears your cry.
Find comfort in His Word: "And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you." Joel 2:25

Nice & Wavy

My pastor recently died. His death has caused me to do some soul-searching. When I think of my pastor, I think of a great man of God who dedicated his life to God and serving God’s people. He was a witness a perfect example of holiness.

During this sorrowful time, I have asked myself “if I were to die right now this very moment would I be heaven bound. Have I lived a consecrated life to God? Has my life been a testimony of holiness? Is God pleased with my life?” The more I see death the more aware I am of the seriousness and importance of these questions. Because when it's all said and done where one's soul will spend eternity is what really matters. All else is vanity...

…sharing my thoughts…
My heart goes out to you and your entire church family. ((((hugs)))).

Thank you for sharing your thoughts because what you have said is very, very important.

Bless you, sis.

:love3:

Nice & Wavy

My prayer is that you will soon experience the fullness of God’s promises in your life. We often limit Him and what He is able to do because our heart dwells in past disappointments. Don’t let what you went through define who you are and what God will ultimately do.

Bishop T.D. Jakes

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
Not meant to shock anyone, but right now there are children being forced to kill as child soldiers, there are homeless families, immigrants dying trying to cross the border...and so much more.

The Church is consumed with arguing over so many supposed "issues" but the truly tragic is more often than not ignored. Like Jesus told the Pharisees, we will strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!

Refining the finer points of Christian obedience is of no value when the weightier parts are neglected.

Iwanthealthyhair67

I think we need to be shocked, I think we are too consumed with whats going on in our own sphere, as long as it nothing to do with me, then it's nothing to do with me...

Not meant to shock anyone, but right now there are children being forced to kill as child soldiers, there are homeless families, immigrants dying trying to cross the border...and so much more.

The Church is consumed with arguing over so many supposed "issues" but the truly tragic is more often than not ignored. Like Jesus told the Pharisees, we will strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!

Refining the finer points of Christian obedience is of no value when the weightier parts are neglected.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"

Guitarhero

Refining the finer points of Christian obedience is of no value when the weightier parts are neglected

:yep::yep: And how far will anyone go, to break the law to help them? That's what I'm talking about. I say, break the law. Human life is worth more than man's made-up law.

Lissa0821

There is so much power in our praise, so so much. It amazes me sometimes because it seems like it is too simple to do. Sometimes I think to myself "God there has to be more I can do, I caused this mess how can I fix it ASAP". Still he reminds me to just praise him, so I may start off a little weak feeling phony cause I don't think my heart is in it. But if I keep at it, the tears may flow but they are tears of joy. He never, never fails to strengthen me on the inside when I praise him. The trial may still need to be dealt with but the peace and confidence in Him to see me through every time.

It doesn't hurt to keep your favorite praise music close at hand either.

God had given us so many weapons to defeat the enemy or any problem in our life. Sometimes they are just seem so simple but their power can not be compared to anything on this earth. We have the confession of our faith that saves us, the blood of Jesus, the promises of God, praising God, the tithe, the list goes on and on.

We never have to be defeated by the enemy, there is too much of God in us and for us.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
:yep::yep: And how far will anyone go, to break the law to help them? That's what I'm talking about. I say, break the law. Human life is worth more than man's made-up law.

Funny you should say that. I'm assuming no feds are spying on this thread, but honestly, if I were in a border state, I'd probably be doing just that. Good thing I'm not. :look:

nathansgirl1908

Tons of questions in my mind. Seems like we really should stop trying to label things and just pray. Who knows if what you are experiencing is a curse or a stretching of your faith? Just pray about it and maintain the faith.

Mis007

I have found that people who are truly sincere in the way they practice their faith are the most decent, and content people Ive ever come in contact with. Thats been my observation whether they be Christian, or Muslim when they are practicing their faith genuinely they are beautiful people.

Iwanthealthyhair67

what I'd like to see in the coming year that we be undergirded with the strength of the Lord and not be timid in saying what Jesus said (what the Word says)...that while we are respectful of others we will say what the Word says...

also that He will keep those whose minds are stayed on him in perfect peace and that they will not be easily offended ...that we will operate in love and harmony...

Nonie

THE INCOMPARABLE CHRIST

More than nineteen hundred years ago, there was a Man born contrary to the laws of life. This Man lived in poverty and was reared in obscurity. He did not travel extensively. Only once did He cross the boundary of the country in which He lived; that was during His exile in childhood.

He possessed neither wealth nor influence. His relatives were inconspicuous and had neither training nor formal education.

In infancy He startled a king; in childhood He puzzled doctors; in manhood He ruled the course of nature, walked upon the waves as pavement, and hushed the sea to sleep.

He healed the multitudes without medicine and made no charge for His service.

He never wrote a book, and yet perhaps all the libraries of the world could not hold the books that have been written about Him.

He never wrote a song, and yet He has furnished the theme for more songs than all the songwriters combined.

He never founded a college, but all the schools put together cannot boast of having as many students.

He never marshaled an army, nor drafted a soldier, nor fired a gun; and yet no leader ever had more volunteers who have, under His orders, made more rebels stack arms and surrender without a shot fired.

He never practiced psychiatry, and yet He has healed more broken hearts than all the doctors far and near.

Once each week multitudes congregate at worshiping assemblies to pay homage and respect to Him.

The names of the past, proud statesmen of Greece and Rome have come and gone. The names of the past scientists, philosophers, and theologians have come and gone. But the name of this Man multiplies more and more. Though time has spread nineteen hundred years between the people of this generation and the mockers at His crucifixion, He still lives. His enemies could not destroy Him, and the grave could not hold Him.

He stands forth upon the highest pinnacle of heavenly glory, proclaimed of God, acknowledged by angels, adored by saints, and feared by devils as the risen, personal Christ, our Lord and Savior.