2011 Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge (Pt. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Welcome to the Delightfully Delicious Deep Conditioning Challenge 2011 (Pt.II)

:thewave:

This is the second installment of a four-part deep conditioning challenge running until Dec 31st 2011. For more details see DDDC PART 1

Quick reminder of "Da Rules" :lol:

1. Deep condition at least once per week, on wet or dry hair. If you are wearing braids or weaves, once per 10-14 days is fine.

2. Shampooing is not required.

3. Deep condition using your method of choice: Heat cap, hooded dryer, steamer, hot towels or no heat.

4. You must DC for a minimum of 30 minutes.

5. Come check in at least once a week to update the team on how it's going for you. Also, it would be helpful if we know what you are using as your deep conditioners of choice. This helps to inform the newbies in that we'll know if they are using the correct conditioners for their hair in an effort to avoid protein/moisture overload.

6. Let us know what kind of results you are getting from a conditioner as well, whether you liked it or not and why.

:dance7: PART DEUX IS HERE LADIES! JUST POST, PM OR THANK AND LETS ROLL!:dance7:

:yay:Challengers:yay:
13StepsAhead
Aireen
xX-AfroDoll-Xx
AlliCat
ATLcutey20
baglady215
bajandoc86
bernag06
Beauty by Nature
@blcbuty@
Brownie518
DesignerCurls
divachyk
chelseatiara
CocoT
coyacoy
crvlngrhair
ebsalita
Forever in Bloom
godzchildtoo
HairGroupie
halee_J
IDareT'sHair
IslandDiva08
janda
KhandiB
leiah
Lita
Loves Harmony
Ltown
LuvlyRain3
MaxJones
ms_b_haven06
mostamaziing
MrsLepe
mystery29
Napp
~NanCeBoTwin~
naturalagain2
NicBenny
preetyhair73
quasimodi
Ravengirl
RelaxednNapulous
Rossy2010
Rotasaruai
s1b000
SailorSuccess
Shay72
SuchaLady
TeeSGee
theneolution
tiffers
tori_mama
TraciChanel
Used2Bbald
YoursTrulyRE
princesslocks
.Wanji.
wheezy807
winona

Last edited:

mostamaziing

Hi I'm Chrissy (✿◠‿◠)
im slow :look: ididnt know there was a challenge for this.! itry and DC every Saturday already :grin: can ijoin.? :drunk:

I'm using a mix of Elucence Moisture Balance & JBCO :drunk: iwear a shower cap over it for about an hour (no heat) and rinse :grin:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
im slow :look: ididnt know there was a challenge for this.! itry and DC every Saturday already :grin: can ijoin.? :drunk:

I'm using a mix of Elucence Moisture Balance & JBCO :drunk: iwear a shower cap over it for about an hour (no heat) and rinse :grin:

Welcome aboard mostamaziing! :grin:

mystery29

I dc'd on Saturday. Im still using AE mixed with peppermint oil. I need to focus on my ends more theyre getting kinda dry

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Okay I was waiting for part 2. Can I join? I dc 2x/wk with steam. One time overnight on dry hair and the other on wet hair. I alternate moisture and protein dc's.

SuchaLady

Purchased a jar of ORS Mayo since I wasnt sure if SE Mayo was really protein or not. Cant wait to use it this weekend. My cut is growing out beautifully and my hair still felt thick even after my relaxer :D

KhandiB

I DC’d yesterday in a plastic cap for about an hour and a half.

I used a mixture of the following:

KeraPro Intense Treatment
Pack of CON Argan Oil Treatment
SE Cholesterol
Safflower oil.

Hair is real sexy right now, lol

13StepsAhead

I'm going to do my best to get back to DCing 2x a week. I've still been DCing 1x weekly; however, my hair loves DCs 2x a week.

Lita

Still Dc 1 x a week...

*When the warm weather takes full effect 2x's a week...

*Trying to keep up with my favorite Dc's- RedKen (real control) & Darcy's (pumpkin seed conditioner)...

It is quite costly..$$$$$$$

Happy Hair Growing!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
@halee_J...send that tuck bun to FL! :grin:

I will DC on Wed. Thinking this will be a Bee Mine week although that Kenra :lick: sure whipped those under processed sections into shape on last week. :yep:

ETA: @Lita and I were talking and I mentioned, I think I will slow my roll on buying items and just use up what I got (I have one maybe two purchases left in me to get out of my system: HV and BFH). Yep, I say that and then a dag-gone sale comes along. :spinning: Seriously though, operation use up product in effect!

Last edited:

DesignerCurls

Hi all!
I'm still here! I did a cassia treatment Saturday with brahmi and maka (I haven't done this in a month). The DC'ed overnight with AO WC. I didn't use any ceramide oils this time. Hair was feeling good and silky!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Will DC tomorrow under dryer with Cathy Howse UBH Deep Conditioner. Will follow up with a Moisturizing Conditioning Rinse

Lita

@halee_J...send that tuck bun to FL! :grin:

I will DC on Wed. Thinking this will be a Bee Mine week although that Kenra :lick: sure whipped those under processed sections into shape on last week. :yep:

ETA: @Lita and I were talking and I mentioned, I think I will slow my roll on buying items and just use up what I got (I have one maybe two purchases left in me to get out of my system: HV and BFH). Yep, I say that and then a dag-gone sale comes along. :spinning: Seriously though, operation use up product in effect!

divachyk Trying to use up products too! I'm still looking for one more good Dc/That I can purchase locally & that will be it....

Happy Hair Growing!

crvlngrhair

Checking in, under the dryer with a mix of Queen Helene Conditioning Creme & WGO. I love this mix, it never fails me!! Probably follow up with a CW using BFH Cotton Marshmallow Cleansing Cream....After I finish this mix this week, I'm going to test out LeKlair Cholesterol to see how it compares. :)

DC'ing 3x/wk this session (Tues, Thurs, & Sat), so far this is working out pretty well for me:yep:

Last edited:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
DCing on dry hair with a mix of ORS replenishing and Adore clear rinse + a little aphogee 2min on the relaxed ends. I am in need of a henna tx, but the clear rinse will hold me over until I can do it next week.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Steamed with sweet almond oil, then slathered some sitrinillah on my hair, put on plastic cap and will leave in overnight. Will wash out in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.