2011 Hide Your Hair Challenge! (Jan 1st - June 30th)

Ms_CoCo37

Ladies, it’s time for Part II of this challenge! We will be using the same rules as the previous challenges.:grin:

RULES:
  • Hide the length of your hair by wearing it in protective styles. That can be wigs, weaves, buns, braids, twists, etc.
  • You can take picture updates, but do not allow them to be publicly seen.
  • You are allowed 3 free passes to wear your hair out. That's basically a pass every two months.
  • Post your starting picture in the Starting Pictures Thread:

***SEE BELOW FOR THE START PIX THREAD***
  • Check in as needed. If you are struggling to find styles or losing motivation, check in so we can support each other.
  • Last but not least.....ENJOY THE LENGTH YOU RETAIN ONCE THE CHALLENGE IS OVER!!!
This challenge will officially begin on January 1st and we will reveal on June 30th.

In lieu of me listing all of the names as people join the challenge, you can just put a “Thanks” under this post. That way the list will remain current. (Thanks again for the suggestion ShyIntellect!)

As stated before, I will post a separate thread for our starting pix along with several reference threads (see below).

Reference Threads:

(These are the threads that started it all for me)

2009 HYH Challenge:

Hide Your Hair For 6 Months Challenge: June 15 - December 15

2009 HYH Reveal:

Hide Your Hair For 6 Months 12-16-09 REVEAL

2010 HYH Challenge:

2010 Hide Your Hair Challenge! (July 31st - Dec 31st)

2010 HYH Reveal:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha...on/517337-2010-hyh-challenge-reveal-come.html

2011 HYH Starting Pix Thread:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=518259

HHJ Ladies! :dance7:

Last edited:

KurlyNinja

I want in this! I PS 99.99% of the time anyway. I'm half-wiggin it for winter. I'll be bunning again when it warms up.

Ms_CoCo37

Welcome aboard. Just add your name to the list by clicking the thanks button in the first post. BTW, I'm loving your hair color!

13StepsAhead

I'm in I'm 100% natural and I'm starting fresh for the new year. I'm aiming for APL by July and PSing is going to get me there. I keep my wigs in the winter and hopefully I will have enough hair by the spring to make a decent sized bun.

ETA Starting Pic:

Last edited:

Ms_Twana

I might as well. I hide and PS on a regular basis anyway!!

On another note, when did LHCF get apps???? Maybe I'll be able to check in more now. Lol.

diadall

I would love to join this but 6 months is a bit long for me. Maybe I will start a monthly challenge for us 'hide your hair' newbies.

What you all are doing is a great idea. I will be supporting you from the sidelines. I think I can do January with no problems but come legislative session time and I will have to wear my hair down a few times.

Last edited:

Ms_CoCo37

I might as well. I hide and PS on a regular basis anyway!!

On another note, when did LHCF get apps???? Maybe I'll be able to check in more now. Lol.

I was hoping you would join this one since you are my HYH inspiration. :grin:

now, what's this about LHCF having an app? Hmmm?

Ms_CoCo37

I would love to join this but 6 months is a bit long for me. Maybe I will start a monthly challenge for us 'hide your hair' newbies.

What you all are doing is a great idea. I will be supporting you from the sidelines. I think I can do January with no problems but come legislative session time and I will have to wear my hair down a few times.

That's okay. You can jump in at any time, should your schedule let up. :yep:

Ms_CoCo37

I'm in I'm 100% natural and I'm starting fresh for the new year. I'm aiming for APL by July and PSing is going to get me there. I keep my wigs in the winter and hopefully I will have enough hair by the spring to make a decent sized bun.

Woo hoo! I'm always happy to see another natural join us. I can't wait to see your PSs. You may give me some good ideas.:yep:

NikkiQ

^^LMAO! Chas this challenge is awesome though! I PS anyway and this helps me stay in line. Plus any excuse to buy new wigs and I'm all over it.

diadall

^what do you do with your old wigs? How long can you keep them? I have never worn one but this forum has me interested.

chasturner84

^^LMAO! Chas this challenge is awesome though! I PS anyway and this helps me stay in line. Plus any excuse to buy new wigs and I'm all over it.

UGH! I want to wear wigs so bad as a PS but I can't find ANY that look similar to my real hair. :ohwell:

NikkiQ

^what do you do with your old wigs? How long can you keep them? I have never worn one but this forum has me interested.

Most of my wigs are synthetic but I wear them for minimum of 3 months. I wash them once a month or when needed and let them air dry. A little flat ironing on the heat resistant ones and they're good to go.

NikkiQ

UGH! I want to wear wigs so bad as a PS but I can't find ANY that look similar to my real hair. :ohwell:

I'd like to take on the challenge of finding a wig that looks like your real hair lol. Between me and JJamiah, one of us can most def find you one girl :grin:

JJamiah

I wash my wigs once every 2/3 weeks, Most of my wigs/Lace Fronts are Human Hair. I have a nice little collection LOL.

When you pick out your wigs, what style you normally wear would help to decide on what your going to be more comfortable with at first before you put your whole body into the water. I started off with A black bob. Then to a curly black doobie look, then I got a bob with lighter colors, then I went buck wild and started buying human hair wigs. I love them and my hair is no longer a chore :)

JJamiah

Ms.Coco37 It's time to change that Avy, You've had that up since last year :lachen: yes I am calling you out, I want to see some hair! I know your waist already :yep:

bluediamond0829

I want to join(actually starting a little early bcuz im getting my sewin done tomorrow) and it wont be coming until end of January/February(hopefully i can hold onto it and not want to switch up) ....

I'll try to remember to take pictures tonight!

Ms_CoCo37

Ms.Coco37 It's time to change that Avy, You've had that up since last year :lachen: yes I am calling you out, I want to see some hair! I know your waist already :yep:

:lachen:Now you know I'm trying to be like you when I grow up!

Unfortunately for me, I don't think I'm going to make MBL by the end of the month.:nono: