2011 Hide Your Hair Challenge! (Jan 1st - June 30th)

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
22 Days left ladies!!! I can't wait to be in awe of all the progress everyone has made!
Wow, time flies. I used a pass to lightly flat iron so that I could do a much needed trim. Didn't lose much length, probably cut 1/2 inch to an inch in some places. I'm very happy with my hair.
Hope everyone is having a HHJ! :)

brg240

okay 19 braids in 3+(?) hrs omg i'm such a slower braider. :( and i'm only done 1/4 my head :/

i made them smaller than i meant too :'( i know these will be annoying to take out (only leaving them in for a week.

NikkiQ

half of my head is in mini twists. I got tired and lazy and stopped so I'll have to finish tonight. Thank GOD for wigs b/c I'm lookin like a serious hot mess right now lmao

JJamiah

Okay was suppose to Henna my hair Saturday, Sunday or Monday. Figured today is a good day as any as I don't have the time any of those days. BUt I don't want to go to the salon on Saturday or Sunday so Tomorrow morning I will be headed there again. I am going to sleep with Vatika on and just head to the salon in the morning. :)

Drtondalia

JJamiah
I got two gallons of WEN from the special on tv. Thanks for the heads up (I was reading your blog) !! I heart WEN!! lol

What flat iron do you guys use/recommend??

ms.tatiana

Patiently waiting on my package from amazon. I will receive my new hair & I can put my weave in for the summer (this is the time where I get the most growth)

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I wish you all the best on your HYH HHJ. I'm headed out for business travel and won't have pics on the road. Not sure if I'll be back home when reveal time comes around.

Also, does anyone have flight travel experience with safeguarding your hair stash? I'm thinking of taping the lids and placing the items in a freezer bag but I'm still a little nervous. Don't want evco all over my clothes. This is my first airline trip since starting my HHJ.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I wish you all the best on your HYH HHJ. I'm headed out for business travel and won't have pics on the road. Not sure if I'll be back home when reveal time comes around.

Also, does anyone have flight travel experience with safeguarding your hair stash? I'm thinking of taping the lids and placing the items in a freezer bag but I'm still a little nervous. Don't want evco all over my clothes. This is my first airline trip since starting my HHJ.

Can you put it in your carry on or your purse? I have carried baby oil, toner, and facial cleanser before and just put it in a 3oz bottle and put them in a plastic bag and then put that bag in another plastic bag.

Drtondalia

JJamiah I got Fig and Pomegranate. I used the Fig my First time and I heard wonderful things about the Pomegranate. Its easy to Ball on flex pay :yep::yep:.

So about his flat iron??? What should I get. I was going to get a Chi back when I first started out on my HJ but then this lady in the hair store suggested I get this mini generic one that cost ten bucks. She said it was made by Chi and it actually worked better than great. I used it for the flat iron in my siggy. But I want something bigger that will give me great results and take less time.

Lylddlebit

Since christmas time I have been placing so much focus on getting back to what I lost that I haven't been enjoying the hair I have for the whole challenge. Today I just realized how many compliments I have gotten on my hair with it being frizzy, hidden and all during the challenge and I decided that I want to go back to enjoying my hair.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Rebraided my hair last night, will keep it in for 4 weeks. In between braiding I did a quick length check....My hair is like 2 inches past CBL, but that's included the relaxed ends (I'm currently transitioning), and my official length goals are based on the length of the natural portion (which is NL and about to hit SL :D). All in all this is the longest my hair has ever been, so I'm excited.

glamazon386

Still in my weave. I planned to take it out next week but I'm waiting for some hair that I ordered to arrive. Once it does I'll take this one down and install the new hair.

JerriBlank

I've been in braids for five weeks now. I'll keep them for another month,then dc for a week straight,then re-braid. I guess I can straighten my hair for the reveal of this challenge,or if there is a 2nd part to it,sign up for that (since I'm braiding for the rest of 2011),and reveal in Dec.

beauti

i'm still in my braids! its been 2 months! my new growth is outta control but im not rebraiding nuffin! :lol: i'm keeping these things in tlll the end of the challenge

Janet'

Whoaaa!!!! Ladies...9 more days until the reveal!!!! I cannot wait to see the progress pics!!!!! Let me sprinkle some last minute :fairy: :fairy: for us all!!!!

Ms_CoCo37

Hi Ladies!

I'm sorry for not checking in sooner. A lot has happened, and it's been quite challenging. I'm still hiding behind coils right now. I'll work on posting the next challenge thread.

ms.tatiana

New weave doesn't feel right idk what it is but I guess I'll see how it looks after washing and conditioning the hair.

I'll wait until seven days to re-grease my scalp and fourteen days to do the wash and condition.