2011 Hide Your Hair Challenge! (Jan 1st - June 30th)

brg240

Rebraided my hair last night, will keep it in for 4 weeks. In between braiding I did a quick length check....My hair is like 2 inches past CBL, but that's included the relaxed ends (I'm currently transitioning), and my official length goals are based on the length of the natural portion (which is NL and about to hit SL :D). All in all this is the longest my hair has ever been, so I'm excited.

congrats :reddancer:

i need to wash my hair and take out these braids. My plan is trim and have them put in cornrows and rock a wig until July 15 and then take them out for a week. After that back into cornrows hopefully until the fall equinox (September 23).

so i should be taking my pics in the next couple of days.

NikkiQ

I REALLY don't want to flat iron all of my hair for the reveal so I think I'll just flat iron pieces in the back.

Ms_CoCo37

Hi ladies!

To answer some of your questions, I will post the reveal thread on the day of the reveal. I'm working on the new thread as we speak. My stupid laptop keeps freezing up on me but it will be up shortly. :)

Ijanei

Ms_CoCo37 Yaay!! I'm so excited to reveal. I want to flat iron tonight so I can reveal. I don't have much to reveal but I'm happy it's finally healthy and longer. I stuck it out for 6 months, which was kind of hard.

Also glad to hear that you are doing well coco:yep:

Ijanei

Ms_CoCo37

Umm....I think I will! I only did it bcuz I left you hanging the last time :lachen: Now that my hair is getting fuller and longer, I can do more things to hide it. They are loving this puffball thing I have going on:lol: That is my go-to style now

Ms_CoCo37

Ijanei, :lachen::lachen::lachen: you sure did leave me hanging on that last one. But you've definitely redeemed yourself in this one.:yep: I'm glad you're getting fullness and length. The challenge has definitely done you some good. I can't wait to see your reveal.:grin:

Ijanei

2 days until reveaaaaal!! I am excited. even though the growth is not that spectacular, EVERYONE around me is saying how my hair is so full and has grown. I even had a few co-workers glide their hands through my hair to check for pieces (one white lady is just fascinated by black hair for some reason):rolleyes:

ojemba

2 days until reveaaaaal!! I am excited. even though the growth is not that spectacular, EVERYONE around me is saying how my hair is so full and has grown. I even had a few co-workers glide their hands through my hair to check for pieces (one white lady is just fascinated by black hair for some reason):rolleyes:

I'm excited to see all the inspiration as well. I'll be on line 1st thing Thursday morning lolll.

NikkiQ

Challenge almost over already! Can you believe it??? I might have to roll with the next one after all. I would just have to make sure I keep interest in checking in and such.

hair4romheaven

I wasn't in this challenge but I have been hiding my hair with weaves as well. I plan on taking my install down in a few weeks and I will add pics to this thread! ;-)
Can't wait to see all of the inspirational pics

ojemba

@Ms_CoCo37 when r u gonna start the reveal thread ?

Pleaaaase say by midnight? I want to see how everyone maintained :lick:

Ms_CoCo37 I agree. I was hoping for a surprise and see it started a day early. LOLLL

I've stayed up till 12:00 am before to see new clothing line on Gymboree for my DD, so I'll be looking for the new thread at midnight.

JJamiah

It has been a nice ride with you ladies I enjoyed the challenge. I will check in periodically with the new thread. :)

I am rooting you all on from the side lines; I wish you all luck in your HHJ.

:)

Ijanei

REVEAL DAY IN 12 MINUTES.....Let's get it started

Just waiting on @Ms_CoCo37
I been rushing you all day, I know you're tired of me now but LETTTS GOOOO!!

ms.blue

I can't wait for the reveal thread but I do need to go to sleep. Hopefully when I wake up later on today, it would be up. :)

Ms_CoCo37

Morning Ladies!

Today's the big day! I will have the reveal thread up in a few minutes. I can't wait to see your lovely locks! :)

mscocopuff

My results! I know that I am late!

My starting point

Sent from Coco's iPhone using LHCF