2011 LHCF BOOTCAMP CHALLENGE

TriniStarr

***If you have questions about Bootcamp, please PM me as I may miss it in this thread. Thanks and Happy Hair Growing***

Due to popular demand
...here is the sign-up thread for 2011 LHCF Bootcamp!!!

Everyone, please include your STARTING POINT PICTURE with your sign-up post. Thanks!

LHCF BOOTCAMP is the ULTIMATE
Length Retention Challenge!
It is a combination of some of the most successful LHCF challenges (based on my thread research
) and those that require the most discipline. This challenge is not for the faint of heart, fickle, or easily swayed but for those who are unwaveringly determined to retain every mm of growth that comes out of their scalp in 2011.

Here are the RULES:

1. No Direct Heat (Hooded Dryer is acceptable)
2. No Trimming (Dusting is allowed)
3. Deep Condition w/Every Shampoo Wash
4. Wear Only Protective (Buns, Braids, Twists, Weaves, etc.) or
Low Manipulation (Braidouts, Rollersets, etc.) Styles

This challenge will have 4 sessions.
Session One: January 1 - March 31
Session Two: April 1 - June 30
Session Three: July 1- September 30
Session Four: October 1 - December 15

Those who make it through all 4 sessions will reap the greatest hair reward!!

Cheat Sheet

You will have one emergency pass for each session. Use them wisely! Please post to the monthly update when you have used one.
ONLY ONE EXCUSE!!!
<---- My mean face

CONSEQUENCES
If you are serious about this challenge, you can decide on a punishment if you do not live up to the requirements. For example: No fried food for a month, 2x my normal exercise for two weeks, No LHCF website for two weeks, No new products for two months, etc.

ACCOUNTABILITY: Throughout the challenge, we will post monthly updates.

DOES YOUR HAIR WANT TO REAP THE BENEFITS OF BOOTCAMP?

I am going to commit to ____ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _______________. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Here is my starting point picture:
(Please add no later than January 1, 2011)

wheezy807

I am going to commit to __4__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no new products for 2 months (hair, nails and makeup). I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

(I will add it before January 1, 2011)

reeko43

I am going to commit to ___1_ session of LHCF Bootcamp. for now. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no sweets for 2 weeks. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Attachments

• december 2010.JPG
    december 2010.JPG
    345.4 KB · Views: 79

lwilliams1922

I am going to commit to __1__ session(s) of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _no buying hair products for a month_. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

(will add by January 1, 2011)

I have not used heat since the (2nd) BC this summer. I will attempt to press my hair before the end of the year for a length check. I've been pretty much doing most of these things since the summer, but I do need to stay on top of the DC game. I DC as a pre treatment these days.

victomae

I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no new hair products or toys for 3 months. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Attachments

• 057.JPG
    057.JPG
    352.1 KB · Views: 56

winona

I am going to commit to __4__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be __the Crossfit prison workout. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Will add in 2 weeks:)

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I am going to commit to all 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no LHCF for 2 weeks. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

STARTING PIC IS IN AVATAR

Last edited:

JDenni81

I am going to commit to __1 __ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be ________No new hair products for one month _______. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

An_gell

I am going to commit to __4__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _No new hair products for 1 month__. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

How do you insert a pic. I don't seem to have that option, I will be back to edit it later with a starting pic.

Attachments

• IMG00105.jpg
    IMG00105.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

aa9746

I am going to commit to __4__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _____No fast food_______. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Here is my starting point picture: in my siggy from sept., i'll update hopefully by dec. 31st

nkb115

I am going to commit to __1__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _extra 30 min at the gym watch day__. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I'm in..... 4 cycles and my consequence will be not getting my brows done for 2 months LOL..... CAN'T DO ALL THAT'S COPYING AND PASTING CAUSE I'M USING MY PHONE.....
I will add a pic before the first also cause imma flat iron it to be accurate......

Last edited:

Phaer

I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be going to the Gym 4 times a week for 1 month. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Here is my starting point picture: (This was from October 2010, but my hair is in braids now so I cannot take a picture of it now.

Attachments

• pv8.jpg
    pv8.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 29

SunySydeofLyfe

I am going to commit to 1 at a time sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no new nothing, until I complete a cycle of bootcamp. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

see siggy

SignatureBeauty

:yep:I am going to commit to __4__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be No LHCF for 2 Weeks . I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

*Ya'll is gonna just have to see my starting pic in my fotki, because I am having a hard time uploading them from fotki to here, and I used every darn code they had! Anyway, my fotki ain't nothing special, I just got it until the BootCamp is over!*

Last edited:

serenityismyne

I am going to commit to __4__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _I cant get my nails done for a month. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!
I will post a pic later :)

Lita

Good Luck Ladies...I would join but a lot of things comes up with me...lol

Happy Hair Growing!

ok, I'm in...I've read the rules and accept the challenge.

I will commit to one session for now. January to March.

I'll add my starting pic next week.

1. What is your purpose for joining this challenge?---Length retention
2. What is your current hair length? ----CBL?--I'm growing layers out
3. Are you Natural or Relaxed?--Natural
4. What are your hair goals for 2011?--Achieving length and thickness. I want to get my hair back to healthy :)
5. What is your hair reggie?--Simple reggie: Wash/DC at least 1x/wk, daily use of ayruvedic oils +sulfur(2x/day)

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
:yep: I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be No shopping for a month. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

I'll post a picture next week when I do my end of year check.

JennyKenny

I'm a newbie to the site...but down for this challenge.

I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no drinking wine for 2 weeks (I love some wine.. :lol: ). I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Will return soon to post a starting photo!!

ETA: Finally able to get a pic up. New to the board and new to posting progress picks. So, this is only two of a small few that I have taken!

Attachments

• IMG_7819.jpg
    IMG_7819.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7822.jpg
    IMG_7822.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

aa9746

I am going to commit to __4__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _____No fast food_______. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Here is my starting point picture: in my siggy from sept., i'll update hopefully by dec. 31st
I didn't have any luck with my pic. but i'll keep trying. In my siggy from sept. my hair is at 5, right now it's at 6 on my length t-shirt.

SouthernBeauty

This year I joined all kinds of challenges, but this is going to be my only challenge for next year!

I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be to workout an extra 30 minutes for 3 days. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

This pic is from November 2010!

Attachments

• Picture0064.jpg
    Picture0064.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

falloneue

I am going to commit to __2__ session(s) of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no eating out for two months. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

The no direct heat will be a challenge for me. I will start on january 1

ckisland

I am going to commit to __2__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no new products for 2 months. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

My starting pic is from my November anniversary.

ETA: I meant to originally sign up for 2 sessions to go along with the 6 month HYH challenge. If I like my results, I'll probably do the rest of the year.

Last edited:

Carisa

I want in- this challenge is perfect for me!

I am going to commit to __3__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _No junk food for 2 mths, No lhcf for 1 month___. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Starting pic attached. Next scheduled times for me to straightening hair will be around feb, july and october

Attachments

• yt5.jpg
    yt5.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Solitude

I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no reading my Kindle for 2 weeks! I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Here is my starting point picture (I'll have to add one with my hair down, straightened later):

I've seen the results of this thread, so I feel like I can commit to all 4 sessions.

NaturalBeauty<3

I am going to commit to __2__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp(for now). My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be __no LHCF for 2 weeks_. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

ZkittyKurls

I am going to commit to __3__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _____working out at the gym ___6 days a week and no eating at Chipotle for 1 month (love me some chipotle)______. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Attachments

• 2010-12-07 10.58.51.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 2010-12-07 18.01.31.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 19